Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 Confirmed for February 21

• Thread starter Famine
  • 892 comments
Well... It's not Grand Valley Speedway. It's Grand Valley Highway 1. GT7 has Tokyo Expressway East, but they also have Tokyo Expressway South and Tokyo Expressway Central. How dare Polyphony have the audacity to name all those tracks "Tokyo Expressway"?
So... Just don't call it Grand Valley and don't use the circuit's logo. Where is the escape area on hairpins? And that tunnel before the main straight and the stands on the same straight? As i said, this isn't Grand Valley. This may be very close in design to the original circuit, but it's not classic Grand Valley.

So... Just don't call it Grand Valley and don't use the circuit's logo. Where is the escape area on hairpins? And that tunnel before the main straight and the stands on the same straight? As i said, this isn't Grand Valley. This may be very close in design to the original circuit, but it's not classic Grand Valley.
Then what is it exactly? It's just a rebranded, or... better yet, a "reboot" of Grand Valley Speedway, that's it.

I think this update is by far and away the best yet. The new circuit is awesome and I love how PD have suggested there may be more to agrand Valley.
I wonder if a longer Sierra-esque track is in the pipeline?

There looks to be a road ahead up the coast behind the barriers at turn 1. Might be the way for a coast road blast in a future update?

The new cars are excellent. All very interesting.

I'm going to get months and months of fun from this. Feels like GT is on the up again!

Thanks to all at PD!
I was thinking the same thing, since it’s a highway they could add sections to it and make it similar to Sierra in length.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting serious Blaine County from GTA V vibes from Grand Valley Highway. I know they're both loosely based on Southern California but damn 😳

What the hell is this that I found on GV 🤣🤣🤣?? Delorean?? Lol
18675cd925988-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
I had a go with Sophy during my lunch break today. It was pretty much what I expected; toned down versions of Sophy for the general public. I have had no issues on 'Expert' mode with the four of them. The 1v1 battle at Tsukuba was where it was at though. That was fantastic, it immediately reminded me of all the LAN events I'd attend pre-kids. The thing that reminds me of it the most was I found myself noticing tiny mistakes I'd make during the race while Sophy was neck and neck with me. If I didn't take the best angle, or over-broke, I fully expected the guy behind me to pull in closer. And thats what Sophy did, with an equally courteous and competitive nature, just like the crews I'd race with back in the day.

My first complaint is really, why put a time limit on this? Just let it ride until the next one debuts (unless it'll debut in March?). Second being the other AI cars should be more competitive and slightly more compact so we can get some 2/3 wide battles going down long straights for example. WIth the races only being a couple laps, I'd be happy and more satisfied with higher competition levels even if I didn't win every race.

But if the other 1v1 races are like Tsukuba, its gonna be BRUTAL :lol:

Jerome

Last edited:
I don't really know how else to say it. You are talking about Grand Valley Speedway. The new track is Grand Valley Highway 1. They are similar tracks, and even parts of them are the same, but they are not the same tracks. The circuit logo for the track is likely the shape of the track you will be racing on. Since these are similar tracks, but slightly different, the logos should look similar, but slightly different.

Ahh yes, the PS4 players is getting a reality check.

But for the PS5 players it's a whole other game. Now honestly I am not really convinced that PD is finally going to supply us with enough single player content. But 16 races with an ai that is actually worth racing is by far the best supply of sp content since the game launched. And if PD doesn't mess this up, the next sophy drop can only get even better.
Whole other game where? I finished all of those 16 races, where each one of them is 2 to 3 laps Maximum in less than an hour. The first 3 races are incredibly easy.

While the 1on1 is not racing at all. The only way I can win it is if I block Sophie after I get a better start, because if I let it pass me and try to overtake it, it's pretty much impossible to beat. Probably World Tour players or the 0.01% that are on their level can actually race the 1on1 Sophie AI.
And beating Sophie by blocking it can't really be called racing.

So after experiencing these races, what else do I have again? Surely not going to do them again, because if I already was capable of beating them on the first try, and literally can't beat the 1on1 Sophie unless I turn into an AI myself or an alien, there's really nothing much to it. They could've at least made it so we could try different cars against it at least. But even that you can't change.

Just follow me here mate... Why is it so hard for PD to just add a few 10 race championships with cars that aren't used much? Look at Gr.2 in this game, it barely has any content.
Is it also that hard to implement 1 or 2 true endurance races? As in a 6 hour or even a 24 hour endurance race? And they can make the AI competitive, as the Maggiore race from the Human Comedy proves it.

I don't really know how else to say it. You are talking about Grand Valley Speedway. The new track is Grand Valley Highway 1. They are similar tracks, and even parts of them are the same, but they are not the same tracks. The circuit logo for the track is likely the shape of the track you will be racing on. Since these are similar tracks, but slightly different, the logos should look similar, but slightly different.
The original:
Captura de Tela 2023-02-21 às 15.16.06.png

The new one:
Captura de Tela 2023-02-21 às 15.11.01.png

Is it similar? Yes, but not the same. It's not like we have in Deep Forest when PD has built that hairpin in the last section. The new Deep Forest is like a circuit that had passed for a remodeling.

The Citroën DS21 has a couple of bugs. When braking, in addition to brake lights (located at the bottom), the rear turn signals also turn on, something that does not happen on the original model.

408IaRth.png

The other bug is the handbrake, on the original DS it works on the front wheels. In GT7 it does on the rear wheels. Also, the Pallas model shown in GT7 has a Semi Automatic transmission so it doesn't have a clutch pedal, but in GT7 is impossible to make a gear change without pressing the clutch.

Last edited:
It's not the point. Has it some pontential? Yes, but we don't have the same "face" from the original one. It's like you take a circuit like Interlagos or Suzuka and put it in another environment using the "same" track design
I understand your point and indeed, it's really weird. But there's also the other side of the coin:

PD never showed any intentions to bring back original tracks untouched just for the nostalgia shake. Watching how Deep Forest and Trial Mountain were treated (High Speed Ring is the only one that still remains >90% intact to its predecessors), it would be weird to suddenly expect the next tracks being just 4K converted versions of the GT3-4-5-6 iterations. I realize though that many people naively expected just that.

Nevertheless, the developers have put some effort to provide new tracks and I'd say it's better to look for the racing it can offer to us in the first place.

So all in all, Grand Valley basically got a Kim Kardashian makeover.

For me it's nice but mid, maybe with more race from time to time, I'll get used to it but it's not hitting like it's GT4/6 sibling.

You forgot the 16 Sophy races, not that i think we have enough Single Player content..

Did you try it or are you just slamming your head into the keyboard?
Yes I have tried it. Is it better than the base AI? Yes, but that isn't much a challenge because of the way the base AI is set up. But, look at it, it's the same philosophy...they limit the AI by giving it slower cars.

My argument is the necessity of the effort and limitation to PS5

Take the Chili races as an example. Now, imagine if the base AI all drove as fast as the rabbit in each race. Imagine if the base AI matched you on tires and PP. Lastly, remove the rubber band.

No one parks at the Apex in chili races. That could have been applied to all the races in the game, right now, with a few code changes. You can't say it's not possible because it's in the game right now.

Spoiler alert, they could also leave rubber band in there to help the player IF they fall FAR behind AND it's the low PP Sunday cup races.

Easy changes that do not require a Phd

Like, really, are you satisfied that it's a separate mode? Weren't the full game be better? Or are we all expected to wait another three years for that, maybe?

We waited 10 years for engine swaps.

I mean, c'mon...we have all SEEN the in game AI put in fast laps. It's beaten my fast laps in races. Obviously there's a setting in there that holds it back. What would it do, if it weren't held back? Would you still be amazed by Sophy?

Last edited:
Nah. PS4 is still cool for GT7. But if you have lots of cash burning a hole in your trousers go for it! 👍
I´m not agree.
This game in PS4 is almost unplayable on some tracks, like Spa or Nurburing 24h.
And the loading times...
Also, graphically is a lot worse on PS4
I play the game every day on PS4 and a week ago i jump to PS5 and oh my god, is a totally different thing

Last edited:
I understand your point and indeed, it's really weird. But there's also the other side of the coin:

PD never showed any intentions to bring back original tracks untouched just for the nostalgia shake. Watching how Deep Forest and Trial Mountain were treated (High Speed Ring is the only one that still remains >90% intact to its predecessors), it would be weird to suddenly expect the next tracks being just 4K converted versions of the GT3-4-5-6 iterations. I realize though that many people naively expected just that.

Nevertheless, the developers have put some effort to provide new tracks and I'd say it's better to look for the racing it can offer to us in the first place.
I think this is the biggest problem. Me and the other players (I believe the older ones who have been playing since GT1) were waiting for the original. Now we have to settle for this version. I haven't downloaded the update yet but the first impression watching the video of the article here on GT Planet was that they made it as if it were using an in-game editor.

If that was true, to push people more towards the MTX, they would have done it already - a long time ago.
They did it with the WTC600 Tokyo in update 1.26 (Nov. 26th)

From when I started in October until 1.26 you could crash into vehicles, wall ride, get penalties and always received the CRB. It was normal to complete it basically 3 times an hour for an easy ~2.5 million credits. Before my time I know at one point it could be done in about 15 minutes w/Tomahawk.

About two weeks before that update it was brought to my attention that it’s something that could disappear at any time and I grinded up as much as I could because that made sense… the bonus is supposed to be awarded for a clean race and we were getting it anyway on the highest earning race in the game.

Some people are never going to do the MTX route for credits but I’m sure they have it broken down to a strict science and know exactly what percentage of players do and how much they expect to earn from different types of players. If something strays from their statistics I wouldn’t doubt for a second they will find the cause and remedy it. On the other hand I’m sure they know the fine line between encouraging certain people to pay without alienating or discouraging their other base.

If they haven’t decided to fix other races then enough people are paying for them to earn what they’ve projected

Last edited:
How big was the committee that sat down to redesign GV?

The original layouts had flow and were fun. This version has little flow and is unnecessarily complicated. The old environment had a depth of elements. This one is a barren wasteland. They didn't even keep that iconic arched bridge! Why?

My hope is that PDI doesn't do the same thing to Mid-Field or any of the other classic locations.

Last edited:
Back