Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 Confirmed for February 21

• Thread starter Famine
  • 892 comments
I think this update is by far and away the best yet. The new circuit is awesome and I love how PD have suggested there may be more to agrand Valley.
I wonder if a longer Sierra-esque track is in the pipeline?

There looks to be a road ahead up the coast behind the barriers at turn 1. Might be the way for a coast road blast in a future update?

The new cars are excellent. All very interesting.

I'm going to get months and months of fun from this. Feels like GT is on the up again!

Thanks to all at PD!

Wow....they did my boy dirty with Grand Valley. I mean why even call it that at this point....it didn't feel like the old track at all.
That aside, if we just review the track based on a new track....it looks so bland....what the hell has happened to the Team at polyphony. They forgot how to make beautiful tracks? They should of called this Bland Coast Valley.

Also, comparison....not sure if its been posted

ok…

At least I can confirm that Both Sardegna and Le Manz are both still free CRB Tracks. I tested with collisions and “actual” penalties for “not obeying the track limits” on both and they’re still good to go.

Last edited:
This new track is absolutely beautiful, I'm lovin it

20970572909453068.png

I imagine they're also a bit gunshy about making Sophy publicly available for too long considering recent high-profile AI launches by both Microsoft and Google/Alphabet have been absolute disasters. No doubt PD would rather keep this tightly controlled to minimize the fallout if it also ends up being a dumpster fire.

It's just a driving AI. It isn't going to make racist or transphobic comments. If you want that just join a public lobby.

Wow....they did my boy dirty with Grand Valley. I mean why even call it that at this point....it didn't feel like the old track at all.
That aside, if we just review the track based on a new track....it looks so bland....what the hell has happened to the Team at polyphony. They forgot how to make beautiful tracks? They should of called this Bland Coast Valley.

What am I missing? Having only seen this comparison video, it looks like that same track. The scenery has changed, the bridge lost its trusses, and a tunnel leading to the start/finish line. What is the issue?

Why can't we just see that the track was rebuilt in a different location?

I can't wait to drive around Grand Valley again but man, they REALLY changed it up. Holy cow. Kinda makes me sad because that is one track I drove so much in the old GT games it's iconic to me so seeing it look so different kinda stinks. Why does it look so empty/barren? Very odd. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

From what I saw in the video, I like the circuit, new design, wide road, good panoramic view, an advertising contract with MSC with beautiful cruises sailing, that's all that's missing. Sophy and VR2 items are not able to make me buy a PS5, the same will not say when Pikes Peak appears.

What am I missing? Having only seen this comparison video, it looks like that same track. The scenery has changed, the bridge lost its trusses, and a tunnel leading to the start/finish line. What is the issue?

I guess the scenery and the surroundings that it had for 6 games were part of the tracks character. Trial Mountain and Deep Forest didn't undergo this much of a transformation. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the track is in the game and I'll use it a lot but it just looks dull in comparison to me.

It's just a driving AI. It isn't going to make racist or transphobic comments. If you want that just join a public lobby.
LOL! So true

I second this. The amount of crying and whining for a FREE update is mind blowing.
If these folks wanna race grand valley please get a copy of GT6 and play race on Grand Valley

At the time of this posting, I’ve defeated Sophy on Tsukuba and Alsace on my first attempts. I’m quite familiar with this style of AI considering I’ve played a lot of Ridge Racer. And the strategy is the same:
Keep them behind you, stay calm, and cover the racing line.
I’m going to bed and will tackle Trial Mountain and Suzuka later today.
Btw, I love the new Grand Valley. I’ll be spending a lot of custom race time there.
This is my main problem with this statistically fast AI... if one wants to mimic human, there needs to be certain level of aggression, risk and failures. Cant see Sophy taking a bad line or braking point just to force you as a competitor to making even bigger mistake. They said the Sophys are all the same just hindered by less fitting car. This means they dont have the mood swings or pressure induced errors, that human have.

I might be wrong, but to me Sophy is developed with perfection in mind - not realism. Very Japanese. Appreciation of perfection over being fallible.
So, the question now is, why did they bother with all of this effort? As expected, Sophy is just the equivalent of the AI you'd find in pretty much any of the racing game of the last two decades. I still thing 24 Hours of LeMans had one of the better ones.

Is the power of the PS5 really necessary for this? Does it really need to be a special game mode?

All hype, no substance. Give a game AI developer two weeks and I bet they could out do the Sophy team.

At the time of this posting, I’ve defeated Sophy on Tsukuba and Alsace on my first attempts. I’m quite familiar with this style of AI considering I’ve played a lot of Ridge Racer. And the strategy is the same:
Keep them behind you, stay calm, and cover the racing line.
I’m going to bed and will tackle Trial Mountain and Suzuka later today.
Btw, I love the new Grand Valley. I’ll be spending a lot of custom race time there.
Considering this strategy works at the highest level of motorsport fairly consistently, I am not sure what this is trying to imply. Covering the racing line in similar machinery, let alone when the car following you is on worse machinery, makes passing harder for even the best racers consistently in nearly all forms of motorsport.
So, the question now is, why did they bother with all of this effort? As expected, Sophy is just the equivalent of the AI you'd find in pretty much any of the racing game of the last two decades. I still thing 24 Hours of LeMans had one of the better ones.

Is the power of the PS5 really necessary for this? Does it really need to be a special game mode?

All hype, no substance. Give a game AI developer two weeks and I bet they could out do the Sophy team.
Why develop diesel engines when steam engines already do everything better! - Someone, circa late 19th century.

And plese show me the conventional AI that is going toe to toe with the top players.

Last edited:
Ok...

So basically, another 1 hour of content, in 6 races, 1 Circuit Experience (easy as hell, everything on first try) and 2 Extra Menus that are basically click and collect, and not actual challenges of races or anything really.
Yet another PD clown-tier single player content update. Was it too much to ask for an Endurance race and some Championship café menus or a pack of missions?

Not to mention, another 6 catch the rabbit races, where the Gr.1 race has the leader 30 seconds ahead of you on a 10 lap race... and doesn't stop. 🤡 The only thing that made me do something a 2nd time since I wasn't expecting the Miyazono McLaren VGT to not pit (and being unfamiliar with the track on a Gr.1 car (Audi R18 Tdi) also made me lose some seconds at first, thus the 2nd try even with the same strategy I was able to win on the last lap.

On the positives:

The new Grand Valley layout got the same treatment as Trial Mountain and Deep Forest, where it stayed mostly the same but had a few changes here and there, the 2nd sector is most noticeable alongside the longer backstraight on the bridge.
To be honest, I really dig this track, it doesn't have the same feel as the OG GV, but it's still pretty likeable.
I wasn't expecting them to actually animate Elephant Seals though :lol:

The RA272 is pretty fun (a handful, as expected from 60s F1) to drive and has a nice sound. ... .... .......

And that's it.

... Oh, and I got wrecked by Sophy on the 1on1... You either nail the start and stay in front of it, or forget about winning. The other challenges are relatively easy.
I was over a second slower per lap on the Tsukuba challenge, on a slow easy to drive car car on a small track.

Last edited:
I was hoping for an update of the old track exactly as it was... But I actually like this!
I hope they do an open world thing with it, or a really long track around the coast like the Sierra course in GT6, that track had a nice flow to it and I feel there is potential here. Imagine taking the 911 that we just got up a coast run at sunset.... yes please!

So what's the Citroen doing at the legends dealer instead of used cars? I mean, yeah, it's a classic, but didn't it also have pretty high production numbers? I thought the legends dealer was for the really rare, obscure stuff.
The same reason the RS500's in the used car dealership.

Back