Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.34 Now Available: Buyable Engine Swaps & Special Parts, Three New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 645 comments
Just my opinion,it's the tires. Back in the day if you owned an American muscle car,you ran wide tires.
I had 60 series tires on my early 70s Charger,i remember a guy in high school had an early 70s Challenger with 60s on the front and 50 series tires on the rear with air shocks,it looked sooo good!
It's one of the things i find annoying in the game,no option to buy wide tires,they do equip some cars with wide tires but not near enough.
More rubber on the asphalt means more grip,just sayin'.
You know the "series" number refers to the aspect ratio and has nothing to do with does not determine the tire width, right?

Last edited:
You know that the aspect ratio is the proportion of the tire width, right?
Yes. Perhaps "nothing to do with" was the wrong choice of words... I meant to say that the aspect ratio does not determine the width of the tire. I have edited my post.

It takes 5 seconds to mod a car. If you're not interested you're not interested but just say that no need to bring up your kids. If you want "events" just pick a new car and run an arcade or custom race at any track. The game will pick decent opposing cars for you.
Is it just me, or does it seem that the smaller the field of cars, the better the competition?

Which from a hardware standpoint makes sense.

So we could create some pretty FUN, raced with a 4-12 car field perhaps.

I'm gonna test this out.

New GT-R cup race on blue moon speedway has 630pp limit, all other races in that series have 700pp limit.

Intentional or mistake? 🤥

Can anyone recommend a good engine swap?

There's so many to choose from. I'd like one that is fast but isn't just insanely powerful. I like cars that are well balanced between handling and straight line speed rather than having to brake 3 miles in advance, Chiron style 🤣

Thanks ahead of time if anyone replies 👍

There's so many to choose from. I'd like one that is fast but isn't just insanely powerful. I like cars that are well balanced between handling and straight line speed rather than having to brake 3 miles in advance, Chiron style 🤣

Most if not all swaps are good. Can't go wrong with them. You can't go wrong with 4 rotor R26B, ls7 rampage, AMG V12 supra, nsx gt500, skyline silhouette, rotary cappuccino, rotary miata, r92cp gtrs, nismo gtr lancia delta, nismo gtr all other nissan, 2jz yaris, silvia s15, 86 and brz, ls brz and 86, porsche beetle and t1 etc etc

The wonky swaps for me so far are k20 mini because the wheelspin and k20 abarth because the handling

NEEDLE%20_0.png

Left arm or Right arm?
BOTH PLEASE

The cuteness ends after 5-10 seconds. It's pretty freaking annoying to here that damn chime for an entire race! We need a way to shut it off.
I like that they kept this detail in the car for the realism, but I would think modifying the ECU or something would turn that off... but nope. 😕

Checking these threads everyday in hopes someone finds a solution.

I like that they kept this detail in the car for the realism, but I would think modifying the ECU or something would turn that off... but nope. 😕

Checking these threads everyday in hopes someone finds a solution.
It's really a shame they left that chime in, it would absolutely be the first thing I'd disconnect if I had one IRL, I can't imagine it's difficult at all. I'd pay another 400k to turn the darn thing off so I can actually drive it.

It's really a shame they left that chime in, it would absolutely be the first thing I'd disconnect if I had one IRL, I can't imagine it's difficult at all. I'd pay another 400k to turn the darn thing off so I can actually drive it.
In the real world, I think there is a little potentiometer on it that you can adjust? Maybe I'm wrong. Either the previous owner of mine adjusted it to trigger at 180 km/h (roughly 110mph) or because they swapped in a Nismo 260 km/h speedometer and that somehow changed it. It's actually very hard to hear though so maybe mine is worn out.

These sort've details are what Gran Turismo is all about! Love it. It's more disappointing when they miss details like this.

In the real world, I think there is a little potentiometer on it that you can adjust? Maybe I'm wrong. Either the previous owner of mine adjusted it to trigger at 180 km/h (roughly 110mph) or because they swapped in a Nismo 260 km/h speedometer and that somehow changed it. It's actually very hard to hear though so maybe mine is worn out.

These sort've details are what Gran Turismo is all about! Love it. It's more disappointing when they miss details like this.

Thanks for sharing, pretty cool to see the actual device. Yeah I also love the attention to detail but yeah, definitely would either remove or adjust it if I was lucky enough to have one (probably adjust it thinking more to keep the unit). It would actually be pretty sweet if you could adjust it in game, but I'd take being able to just turn it off if it was an option.

Maybe with some more time behind the wheel I'll be able to more easily tune it out.

Just my opinion,it's the tires. Back in the day if you owned an American muscle car,you ran wide tires.
I had 60 series tires on my early 70s Charger,i remember a guy in high school had an early 70s Challenger with 60s on the front and 50 series tires on the rear with air shocks,it looked sooo good!
It's one of the things i find annoying in the game,no option to buy wide tires,they do equip some cars with wide tires but not near enough.
More rubber on the asphalt means more grip,just sayin'.

You can put wide tires on almost every car if you choose different rims.

You can put wide tires on almost every car if you choose different rims.
However, the tyres aren’t wide enough without the widebody. We need wheel spacers and wider tyre options for narrow bodies.

A good example are the R32s. The ‘90 can be widened to the fenders. Same with the ‘94. Thing is, the ‘90 doesnt have the same width option as the ‘94. The difference can be seen as the ‘94 has more of a balloon tyre look like the Group A car.
Same with both BMW CSLs. We should have the option to have the wide tyres from the widebody cars on the narrow body cars.

Ride height are one of those factors why we may not have those options. I had 15x8 Aero 50 NASCAR steel wheels on my ‘69 Cutlass. Tyre size were 235/60-15. Front tyres did rub a little at full lock, but no problems at other steering angles or over bumps. We know PD replicate this in game. We should still have more wide options similar to diameter options.

finally my car made the game. the maverick is amazing to drive and quick. i dropped a 302 in mine a few yrs ago. this is mine. bought it stock and then beefed it up. from stock to built . and yep i drive with open long tube hooker headers. idle sets car alarms off. lol

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 8
  • saaa.jpg
    saaa.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 11
  • received_196454501564917.jpeg
    received_196454501564917.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190817_202131.jpg
    IMG_20190817_202131.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190817_202007.jpg
    IMG_20190817_202007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Depends if you want a car for memes or that it performs 😜. Best RWD car perhaps will be a F40 with the Enzo V12 engine. 4WD cars many of them can have a powerful engine and can handle the power. Escudo engine in a Lancer X or GTO should be fun. Alfa 4C with the 458 engine feels really good, NA and not too much torque so even at just 900 kgs can run max power in the 770 hp region or so.

Il cambio?

I must say the ability to buy engines has been a brilliant add on, one that should've bee in the game a long time ago. I feel it brings the excitement back into the game, getting a Mini up to 556bhp and seeing how it'll go on the track makes me so eager to play the game like I haven't experienced since the game was released back in March 2022!

Back