Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.46 Will Add the Skoda Vision GT, Sony's Afeela, & a Classic Chevelle

• Thread starter Famine
  • 303 comments
It's not T10's fault. Microsoft dictates the censorship policy and in just about every case of "SS" appearing as a solitary letter pairing the name and badging is censored.

Interestingly, the one car closest to being an actual vehicle driven by actual Nazis is not censored: the 1929 Mercedes-Benz SSK Roadster. Although that's not just "SS" on its own.

Sony isn't quite as reactive, but a GTP member was suspended from PSN after uploading a KKK Turbolader decal to GT Sport... The word filter is also over the top in chat.
Yeah you're correct it's Microsoft policies - my mistake.

I heard that they're going to do a race at this launch event, hopefully they've got some Skoda legends there like Jan Kopecky rather than the usual eSports gang. If so I might even watch it back when I get home 🤞

I get it for VGT, some are awesome but is there anyone that actually enjoys driving the EVs?
I do, Tesla Model 3 Performance is pretty fun to throw around the green hell.
I actually enjoyed most of the EV VGT cars they're all somehow have their own driving quirks, and a few of them just frustrated me to no end.
This Skoda VGT will be no different for better or worse.

When you think the last update was the worst one yet, PD is like
IMG_2326.jpeg

It kind of seems like that Skoda 1100 OHC is a shoo-in for the game but I'd also love to see that jointed by a WRC car and something like an Octavia RS Wagon.

I don't think that a boring, old heavy box that can't turn and just shreds tyres rather than going anywhere spoils things that much. You're not required to drive it after all...

Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

... which is what all the "boring electric spaceship" people sound like.
And lets not forget the classically overused "gazillion Horsepower" nonsense (which only barely applies to only no more then an astonishing 4 cars and even then, 3 of those are variations of the same car).

Another one overshadowed brand in GT7, why? Infiniti, Italdesign, Zagato and now Skoda are just one VGT useless car without more cars to show.
Considering how Skoda barely shows up in anything, I'd say it was overshadowed for a long while before this.

Also, name at least 5 cars that is even remotely worthwhile from Infiniti. They weren't exactly hot stuff before VGT and they still aren't.

Last edited:
Also, name at least 5 cars that is even remotely worthwhile from Infiniti. They weren't exactly hot stuff before VGT and they still aren't.
I daily drive a first gen G35x and it was in GT5/6 and I would be happy to have it back in GT7. I even made a 350Z into a G35 via the livery option, but it won’t quite scratch the itch. If it never shows up, I won’t be bothered, plenty of other cars to drive!

Also I agree Infiniti hasn’t really put out great cars recently (or the past couple decades) 😔

It's not T10's fault. Microsoft dictates the censorship policy and in just about every case of "SS" appearing as a solitary letter pairing the name and badging is censored.

Interestingly, the one car closest to being an actual vehicle driven by actual Nazis is not censored: the 1929 Mercedes-Benz SSK Roadster. Although that's not just "SS" on its own.

Sony isn't quite as reactive, but a GTP member was suspended from PSN after uploading a KKK Turbolader decal to GT Sport... The word filter is also over the top in chat.
At least one has managed to sneak through (see third pic), unless it's been patched since the interior screenshot was uploaded:

And lets not forget the classically overused "gazillion Horsepower" nonsense (which only barely applies to only no more then an astonishing 4 cars and even then, 3 of those are variations of the same car).

Considering how Skoda barely shows up in anything, I'd say it was overshadowed for a long while before this.

The Inifiniti G, Q, and M cars are fairly popular in the States, but everywhere else those are Nissans afaik (Skyline, Gloria, and/or Cedric depending on the age). Infiniti doesn’t really produce anything truly independent under their badge like Lexus or Acura does.

I know but if I buy them instead my car collection goes up. ☺️ But I don't buy them if there isn't any use for them.
I personally don't understand the fascination with "completing" the collection of cars. Especially including the fake fantasy VGT ones. I have around 360 cars and I haven't purchased anything I didn't want (aside from a handful of VGTs needed for those stupid races). Don't care at all about buying everything.

But I know everyone has different motivational drivers!

I daily drive a first gen G35x and it was in GT5/6 and I would be happy to have it back in GT7. I even made a 350Z into a G35 via the livery option, but it won’t quite scratch the itch. If it never shows up, I won’t be bothered, plenty of other cars to drive!

Also I agree Infiniti hasn’t really put out great cars recently (or the past couple decades) 😔
Especially since Renault took over. They used have some great cars like the J30 and G35s now i can't name one vehicle they have and I never see any on the road

I personally don't understand the fascination with "completing" the collection of cars. Especially including the fake fantasy VGT ones. I have around 360 cars and I haven't purchased anything I didn't want (aside from a handful of VGTs needed for those stupid races). Don't care at all about buying everything.

But I know everyone has different motivational drivers!
So many different people play the game so many different ways and all of them think PD should cater to the way they play. The fact that this is even happening means PD is doing it right but you can't tell people anything.

Back