Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming April 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 757 comments
People still focusing on money this money that. Would it be the best game ever if they give 100000000cr to everyone? I think almost everybody is missing the main point of how to enjoy driving games. How is the handling and races. Give us good driting challenges and dragracing etc. Make handling better. As it was in gt sport. Now its just buy a car tune it 2hours. Yes i got it handle good and repeat. If somebody calls this good fun of racing... Well i dont agree. Jumped to forza horizon 5. Immidiately i felt like this is fun. Rippings the cars around not focusing not to spin in every corner cause didnt tune it to handle like a real car should. And i have been on a track with fwd and rwd cars in real life. Cant say anything realistic about gt 7. Maybe wind affecting the car 🤌 Now its just a poor version of gt sport.

People still focusing on money this money that. Would it be the best game ever if they give 100000000cr to everyone? I think almost everybody is missing the main point of how to enjoy driving games. How is the handling and races. Give us good driting challenges and dragracing etc. Make handling better. As it was in gt sport. Now its just buy a car tune it 2hours. Yes i got it handle good and repeat. If somebody calls this good fun of racing... Well i dont agree. Jumped to forza horizon 5. Immidiately i felt like this is fun. Rippings the cars around not focusing not to spin in every corner cause didnt tune it to handle like a real car should. And i have been on a track with fwd and rwd cars in real life. Cant say anything realistic about gt 7. Maybe wind affecting the car 🤌 Now its just a poor version of gt sport.
dude said Forza Horizon handles better. As a big fan, if there's one thing that should be different there, it is the handling. GTS is also much worse than GT7 in driving physics, sans the snap oversteer issue plaguing gt7

dude said Forza Horizon handles better. As a big fan, if there's one thing that should be different there, it is the handling. GTS is also much worse than GT7 in driving physics, sans the snap oversteer issue plaguing gt7
Exactly. GT7 is miles better than sport physics wise. Frankly if someone prefers sport, it's because it's easier, not because it's better by any means. GT7 is significantly more realistic, including the oversteer issue, which most of the time isn't really an issue. That BMW m6 gr3 though, I agree. They got fix the snap oversteer on that piece of crap.

I drive mostly naturally oversteery cars though which don't suffer as much in my opinion. At least not the snap part of it.

Because they ship with the game, same with Forza. Forza only charged you for cars that didn't. There's no argument to be made.
You're looking at this like it's a black and white issue. And all I've been trying to say is that I FELT much more tempted to spend money in Forza. GT will also release cars over the course of it's lifespan (presumably). And I can get those cars with IN-GAME money. I don't HAVE to spend a dime to get every car.

I understand the cars that cost money were post-release in Forza. But they did hold some vehicles back at launch so they could sell them as evidenced by immediate DLC after the game's launch. Again, not condemning them. My whole argument is that I was more tempted to spend money there than Gran Turismo. Me, I, myself - I was more tempted. Maybe not you, but me.

The argument isn't how exactly you spend money, it's being tempted to spend money on a game after you pay full price for it

The argument isn't how exactly you spend money, it's being tempted to spend money on a game after you pay full price for it
If that's the argument, Gran Turismo is unarguably the bigger party guilty of tempting people to spend money on it after paying full price compared to Forza. The FOMO with the Legendary cars, the MTXs coming online after reviews went out, the entire controversy over the first 2 weeks of release are all massive amounts of evidence showing so.

You're free to feel like Forza tempted you more, but if this is the argument you're trying to present, it takes some real blind belief to not see which side is definitely the bigger culprit in this comparison.

Didnt say it handles better🤦🏽‍♂️ I said it is more fun. Have you people tried drifting in real life? If you say gt7 is more realistic than gt sport... Mmmh yeah... Your speed is 40kmh and you slide and slide. Drive your car 50kmh and put it sideways. It stops almost immidiately. It doesnt slide like it has marlbe balls under tires. Snap steering isnt realistic. Even with slicks grip is not very good. 250hp civic burns **** out of soft slicks when launchin the car. Try it in real life... Not gonna happen. So my opinion is. Gt7 is far from a sim until they correct the handling and tires.

Last edited:
Didnt say it handles better🤦🏽‍♂️ I said it is more fun. Have you people tried drifting in real life? If you say gt7 is more realistic than gt sport... Mmmh yeah... Your speed is 40kmh and you slide and slide. Drive your car 50kmh and put it sideways. It stops almost immidiately. It doesnt slide like it has marlbe balls under tires. Snap steering isnt realistic. Even with slicks grip is not very good. 250hp civic burns **** out of soft slicks when launchin the car. Try it in real life... Not gonna happen. So my opinion is. Gt7 is far from a sim until they correct the handling and tires.
Exactly the game has some trouble with oversteer on certain cars, but everything else is superior to GTSport, that was a dull drive compared to 7

It's padding because why separate A-Spec and B-Spec just to repeat all the events twice, when GT4 and GT6 (after its snail pace of update when B-Spec came, why it got appreciated for the late update unlike GT7 here?) allows you to both either use A-Spec or B-Spec in a race? Stop sweeping that dumb decision due to what the mode provides (yeah nurture the drivers or such).
I don't know about you, but I can't sit in the same place for 24 hours, nor do I want to be partaking in the same race for an hour a day over 24 days, or 12, or 8.

If people wanted to drive the endurance events, great. I preferred having my race team do the endurance event. What it lacked was online. It would have been even better to have my race team compete against other race teams.

Just because you don't see the value in the feature, that doesn't mean it has no value. Lots of people on this board hate online play, but you'd be hard pressed to find many people to support the idea that online is a bad feature.

Also, ESPECIALLY given that credits are hard to come by, I would rather do races that are interesting to me (online) and have an AI team take care of credit farming.

Gt sport is no fun campared to gt7 in my opinion you have so much more options for road cars, tuning and customization side is superior, i hated that about sport

Does anyone have an answer as to why Sebring has never been in the GT roster for tracks and why is there such a lack of good tracks? There are so many to choose from and I feel that could be a huge boost to the GT game series. Real tracks like Sebring, road atl, COTA, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Mid-America, Indy, Gingerman and more. And street courses like Long Beach, Detroit Grand Prix, St Pete and maybe tracks that are long gone like Riverside.
I was a big fan of GT5 and 6 and then really disappointed with Sport. It felt soft and to arcade like. The engine sounds were lacking and and I’m starting to get that same feeling about GT7. The more I play it I’m not falling in love with it like I did with 6 or Project cars2. Project Cars2 right away felt like real driving the way the cars reacted to Corning and the engine sounds sound more like the real thing. Example: the GT40 from GT6 sounded more like the real thing and in GT7 sound weak and lack luster. But I’m finding that on a lot of the cars in GT7. With any of the upgrades to any of the cars (especially muscle cars) they sound very weak and blah. Again it’s feeling very arcade like with a very soft feel and soft sounds. I really hope they make some more substantial upgrades soon because the polish of this game is wearing thin already. The credit increase is nice and some of the other updates but, if the driving and cars get boring it doesn’t really matter. You shouldn’t say it Real if it doesn’t sound or feel real. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
It's an ok update was hoping for more money from the events but oh well.
Does anyone have an answer as to why Sebring has never been in the GT roster for tracks and why is there such a lack of good tracks? There are so many to choose from and I feel that could be a huge boost to the GT game series. Real tracks like Sebring, road atl, COTA, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Mid-America, Indy, Gingerman and more. And street courses like Long Beach, Detroit Grand Prix, St Pete and maybe tracks that are long gone like Riverside.
I was a big fan of GT5 and 6 and then really disappointed with Sport. It felt soft and to arcade like. The engine sounds were lacking and and I’m starting to get that same feeling about GT7. The more I play it I’m not falling in love with it like I did with 6 or Project cars2. Project Cars2 right away felt like real driving the way the cars reacted to Corning and the engine sounds sound more like the real thing. Example: the GT40 from GT6 sounded more like the real thing and in GT7 sound weak and lack luster. But I’m finding that on a lot of the cars in GT7. With any of the upgrades to any of the cars (especially muscle cars) they sound very weak and blah. Again it’s feeling very arcade like with a very soft feel and soft sounds. I really hope they make some more substantial upgrades soon because the polish of this game is wearing thin already. The credit increase is nice and some of the other updates but, if the driving and cars get boring it doesn’t really matter. You shouldn’t say it Real if it doesn’t sound or feel real. Hoping for the best.
They have a budget for licensing for tracks so they get what they can get and that's it.

I will buy Gran Turismo 7 when you will be able to sell duplicate cars you win.
As it is now, you are only able to delete the cars you've won, with no reward.

I still think the GT4 game is the best. It was playable, and you were able to complete it within a decent time of gameplay.
The only important change I would do if GT4 would be 'redone' in GTS/GT7 is tyre options, too many races has forced sports tires, but that is a minor issue.

I just don't understand PD why don't they set a predetermined hour money cap. So lets say they want players to make 1.7 million an hour just determine the average lap time for the race times by number of laps then figure out how many can be completed per hour then set the prize amount for getting gold to that amount for all races then its even across the board.

Last edited:
Money, money, money. Gameplay and interesting races thanks! It has enaugh money. Borin racing. PD could think out of the box than do everything like same same, but different. Gt cafe is boring... you can just buy the cars and complete the event 😂 No need for even racing. Gt 7 is a big dissapointment for a full priced game. How hard is it to think what would be really awesome to do in a racing game. Copy paste in a different boring way and 70€ please... Come on! I cant understand how people are saying this is a legit "sim" or fun one. I think new forza is going to smash gt for good. I would love to have had a wow experience, but gt sport with better tuning options and handling issues 👍

Money, money, money. Gameplay and interesting races thanks! It has enaugh money. Borin racing. PD could think out of the box than do everything like same same, but different. Gt cafe is boring... you can just buy the cars and complete the event 😂 No need for even racing. Gt 7 is a big dissapointment for a full priced game. How hard is it to think what would be really awesome to do in a racing game. Copy paste in a different boring way and 70€ please... Come on! I cant understand how people are saying this is a legit "sim" or fun one. I think new forza is going to smash gt for good. I would love to have had a wow experience, but gt sport with better tuning options and handling issues 👍
Yeah lacking fun, weird car handling.

I don’t agree i think gt7 is very good except for few issues, but the latest update made major changes for the money earning, now its enough just needs more events, and keep adding cars and tracks witch they will but it will take some time, for me gt7 beats both gt sport and also gt5 and gt6 despite the flaws, its not like gt5 and gt6 was perfect either, the car sounds in gt5 and gt6 was horrible it moved in the right direction after gt sport, so i could never go back to those old games becouse of that, to me gt7 is also better than all the latest forza games, i have much more fun playing gt7 than any other racing game i have played for the last 15 years

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but I can't sit in the same place for 24 hours, nor do I want to be partaking in the same race for an hour a day over 24 days, or 12, or 8.

If people wanted to drive the endurance events, great. I preferred having my race team do the endurance event. What it lacked was online. It would have been even better to have my race team compete against other race teams.
And GT5 was the game that forces you to do the A-Spec alone, because the. A-Spec. And. B-Spec. Is. Separated. GT4 allows you to only use B-Spec for the endurance races (and speed it up by 3 times), without doing it by yourself like GT5 does, it doesn't matter what team you create you have to do it by yourself in the A-Spec version of the Endurance without switching drivers.
Just because you don't see the value in the feature, that doesn't mean it has no value. Lots of people on this board hate online play, but you'd be hard pressed to find many people to support the idea that online is a bad feature.

Also, ESPECIALLY given that credits are hard to come by, I would rather do races that are interesting to me (online) and have an AI team take care of credit farming.
I start to wonder what GT games have you played. Because you just outright ignored my entire argument about B-Spec in GT4 or GT6 (and who in the world is talking about online play?? 😓). GT4 is the actual game that allows you to have the AI credit farming, as above, all races can have you use either A-Spec or B-Spec and also driver switch in the pit lane (from A-Spec to B-Spec and vice versa) not padding it by separating it like GT5. Not GT5 you have to do it yourself for the Endurances in A-Spec.

Give it little more time for GT7, with upcoming updates the game will be more fun...
I know they should have more events right at the beginning but what can we do...?

If its so great game... Why are people bitching about it? Good or great game doesnt put up this much attention to things that are wrong. I had no issues with gt sport handling. Didnt care that there wasnt millions billions of money or 100 tracks etc. It felt good to drive immidiately. If u are honest. People havent been very satisfied of it. Wet racing was also a joke if you didnt have wet tyres on. Sliding like the road was on ice. Come on really! Who tested the game before they launched it and was yeah... This is just like real 🙄 Missions.... Yeah... 3 dragraces... Cone challenges...draft... Overtake.... wohooo...We have all seen this before. Why wont there be a series of dragraces. You could do a real burn out to warm up tires etc. Make it like it is in real life. Its not like they didnt have time. And now after the new update. If you dont use normal transmission. Theres no clutch... Yep its going to the right direction. I like Forza and Gt, but this was a sloppy effort. One thing which is spot on and im glad finally really good car sounds, but poor blow off valve sounds... Hardly even notice them in car fully tuned big turbo... Those sounds are important to many and they do sound cool. And when hitting the limiter... Why cant we have flames and booms like real monster tuned turbo cars. It just basic bouncing of the limiter. Faster or slower depending how much hp you have... Even Grid has it and project cars one had it. But no... This seems impossible to do. Gt sport had much better blow off valve sounds also. Do we have to wait till year 2100 that developers can actually make a game that has all the basic things like you can see watching youtube videos of racing and tuned cars... They cant be that blind.

Last edited:
Shame the update hasn't fixed the issue of the daily marathon rewards. Still getting the lowest reward every time. Smallest pile of coins or the car part if it has a lower value. Absolutely pointless taunting you with the rest. I could bet my life savings every day on the outcome of the wheel and be right every time. Fix it PD or don't show 'what I could've won' like some cheap game show

poor blow off valve sounds... Hardly even notice them in car fully tuned big turbo... Those sounds are important to many and they do sound cool
I can hear them just fine and they sound good to me. But I use hood/roof view...

jpl
Shame the update hasn't fixed the issue of the daily marathon rewards. Still getting the lowest reward every time. Smallest pile of coins or the car part if it has a lower value. Absolutely pointless taunting you with the rest. I could bet my life savings every day on the outcome of the wheel and be right every time. Fix it PD or don't show 'what I could've won' like some cheap game show
Seems like the improved some of rewards in roulettes, 1 star has one stack of gold never seen that before, but its still rigged, i always wait until i have 5-7 tickets, its useless to open one at a time

I went from 2,000cr on Sunday night to this last night...

rsz_1801ad12deb9-screenshoturl.png

So I don't think it's rigged, just predetermined. This was on a 4 Star ticket, BTW.

Seems like the improved some of rewards in roulettes, 1 star has one stack of gold never seen that before, but its still rigged, i always wait until i have 5-7 tickets, its useless to open one at a time
The problem is that the tickets aren't as varied as before. When you got a 4 star ticket there was always an engine. The last days I'm getting 3 and 4 star tickets with sometimes 3 cars and 2 credit stacks. Since the update I haven't seen an invitation or engine. And I always got the 5000 credits and a Peugeot RCZ that I bought the day before.

First you need 'luck' to get a high rewarding ticket and then you need 'luck' to get a high reward, so mostly you get screwed twice with the roulette tickets.

Last edited:
The problem is that the tickets aren't as varied as before. When you got a 4 star ticket there was always an engine. The last days I'm getting 3 and 4 star tickets with sometimes 3 cars and 2 credit stacks. Since the update I haven't seen an invitation or engine. And I always got the 5000 credits and a Peugeot RCZ that I bought the day before.

First you need 'luck' to get a high rewarding ticket and then you need 'luck' to get a high reward, so mostly you get screwed twice with the roulette tickets.
I don’t know how some people getting 6 star tickets, i don’t get any better than 4 star, the last 3 days i have starting to save them up again, saturday and sunday got me 4 star tickets, yesterday i got 3 star ticket, the most common for me is the 3 and 4 star tickets,

I can hear them just fine and they sound good to me. But I use hood/roof view...

I do too, but they are still not as loud as they are in real life. I have 15 000€ soundsystem so it cant be that either🤷🏼‍♂️ But i like them more loud. Many cars dont even have them even if you fully tune them. Maybe it would be one thing to add a blow off valves to the shop, so you could have the choice to have different kind or louder. I just love the sound of them. Bit too low for my taste. And i know there are many people too who would like them louder or better or different.

Sebring wasn't in Project Cars 2.

But it's track list was so ****ing good.

Man they really stuffed up with Project Cars 3.

Latest Posts

Back