Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming April 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 757 comments
So you'd rather spend 20 hours grinding for a single car than $1 for a DLC car? The electricity will cost you more.

Very extreme and unlikely example with current costs. You could check how much the GT7 credits cost to buy from PS store. Daylight robbery, unless you are rich 💀

I will buy Gran Turismo 7 when you will be able to sell duplicate cars you win.
As it is now, you are only able to delete the cars you've won, with no reward.

I still think the GT4 game is the best. It was playable, and you were able to complete it within a decent time of gameplay.

I'm not extremely happy as most of the high price money will be a one time opportunity (circuit experience and the new missions) after that it will be back to grinding...but yes, the +50 millions are sure welcome and will make life in GT7 a lot better.

But please PD, bring back the shuffle races...

Very extreme and unlikely example with current costs. You could check how much the GT7 credits cost to buy from PS store. Daylight robbery, unless you are rich 💀
I know, the GT7 cars are up to $200 each (as far as we know, the 250GTO could be even more with the unlocked credit cap). I was referring to the FM4 DLC that OP criticized, which were $1/car.

Last edited:
I checked my digital version since I still have it even though I sold my PS5 physical copy.
Game still looks like it has PS3 backgrounds and physics are still horrible compared to GT Sport.
Also the camera wobble makes me sick....why don't they add an option to not have it...it's either wobble 1 or 2. Ugh...this game man....I don't even want to think it was released by my favorite racing game company.....such a fail...

Polyphony you went wrong, with GT7
I'll just keep playing my copy of GT Sport
Hope this song as helped you understand
Cause this is how you killed your brand.

(If those that don't understand what I'm singling...i just changed the lyrics...damn i should make a new cover while I'm at it haha)

Last edited:
I know, the GT7 cars are up to $200 each (as far as we know, the 250GTO could be even more with the unlocked credit cap). I was referring to the FM4 DLC that OP criticized, which were $1/car.
Forza Motorsport 4 had a lot of DLC. The season pass cost $30, which was only good for six car packs. Then there was the VIP membership cars, which could only be had if you bought the VIP version or seperately many months later. Then there were the 5 launch cars, all of which were individually exclusive to different retailers. The Porsche pack cost a lot too when that released.

I had Forza 4 since launch and it's probably my favourite racing game ever but the DLC was many and very little was free. If you wanted all the cars and tracks, it would easily have cost a further $100+ on top of what you already paid for the game. With GT7 I will never have to pay a single penny more than what it cost to buy the base game, because all DLC will be free (barring something like the Lewis Hamilton DLC, which isn't necessary at all).

Last edited:
So you'd rather spend 20 hours grinding for a single car than $1 for a DLC car? The electricity will cost you more.
I wasn't really talking about price, I was referring to them having DLC right there as part of the car dealerships. And single cars were not $1. They'd work out to that if you bought the whole pack of 8 or 9 cars (or less, if memory serves). But on their own they were somewhere around $3 or $4 Canadian. Plus that was 10 years ago, they'd be more now.

I'm not crucifying FM4 for it. I was just making the point that spending real money was just as, if not more,easy than GT.

I wasn't really talking about price, I was referring to them having DLC right there as part of the car dealerships. And single cars were not $1. They'd work out to that if you bought the whole pack of 8 or 9 cars (or less, if memory serves). But on their own they were somewhere around $3 or $4 Canadian. Plus that was 10 years ago, they'd be more now.

I'm not crucifying FM4 for it. I was just making the point that spending real money was just as, if not more,easy than GT.
It was a lot easier and a lot more necessary in FM4, lest you miss out on some great cars and tracks. GT7 will be nothing like that, all content will be free :)

With GT7 I will never have to pay a single penny more than what it cost to buy the base game, because all DLC will be free
You might end up being right but you can't just categorically state this as fact right now. Unless you're a PD employee and/or have seen their plans.

PD charged for DLC in GT5, then it was free in GT6 and GTS. It's not a huge data point to be totally sure of what they're going to do in GT7. They could quite easily go back to charging for some of it.

Sure he can. Lots of people throwing guesses here as facts.
Who? It's literally against the site AUP to post false or misleading information.

• You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
It's misleading to just outright state that all GT7 DLC will be free, none of us know.

Last edited:
You might end up being right but you can't just categorically state this as fact right now. Unless you're a PD employee and/or have seen their plans.

PD charged for DLC in GT5, then it was free in GT6 and GTS. It's not a huge data point to be totally sure of what they're going to do in GT7. They could quite easily go back to charging for some of it.

Okay, in my opinion we won't have to pay for monthly content. I can see there being one-off themed DLC with exclusive liveries but that's about it. With microtransactions, it's not as necessary to introduce paid content post-release because they have another way of getting further money after the initial purchase of the game.

Who? It's literally against the site AUP to post false or misleading information.

• You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
It's misleading to just outright state that all GT7 DLC will be free, none of us know.
I wouldn’t call it misleading if it’s not stated as something that what was announced but rather as an educated guess based on past PD behaviour, namely on GTS.

When someone says it’s just adding a single line of code to do this and that that’s also not a fact, but an educated guess. 😉

The Lewis Hamilton DLC wasn't free in GT Sport.

It doesn't feel like they're planning paid DLC for GT7, but like you say you never know what happens down the line. There's really no telling either way on this one.

Currently an empty promise:

But I hope this isn't a suggesttion to pull GT5 crap of separating A-Spec and B-Spec to pad the game.

Why be patient? PD has always been comparable to the Lunar Rover car regarding their work speed. That's entirely their problem to take forever to do freaking everything. The 1.11 update elevates GT7 slightly, but it doesn't fix the issue, the issue being PD.

The GT4 level of content, even if it's more than the humiliating tiny content compared to it here, would still also have the race all being done against their crappy work of the AI.
GT5 and 6 still did a better job than GT7 atm. For instance, the Miata touring car made it's debut in GT6 IIRC. They also had the super cool Prius touring car, the challenger touring car (new and old), the Camaro touring cars, and all those Skyline touring cars.

Back in the GT5 and GT6, there were no places to use them. Every lobby was street only. Now that we have regular race car focused dailies, PC decides to leave those cars out of the loop...I don't understand how that connection gets lost? One might say they want to maintain some realism, but then they put VGT's into GR1.

GT5 B-spec was more than just padding because you had to nurture the drivers and train them. They were like tamagachi, without the need to feed them :D...

Either way, what exactly are we paying for? Gt7 is super sparse in comparison to the the other titles. It's barely more than GTS.

The Lewis Hamilton DLC wasn't free in GT Sport.

It doesn't feel like they're planning paid DLC for GT7, but like you say you never know what happens down the line. There's really no telling either way on this one.
True. A mix of both is probably, not a fact, in the cards.

I wish they'd have DLC tracks and cars to pay for. I'd happily buy what I wanted knowing it would encourage them to make more. And if a lot of other people did as well then they could look at a spreadsheet and clearly see there is a return on investment and reinvest in the car/track modelling team or outsource more of it.

They've chosen to go the credit purchase route though and probably not without reason. There are probably more people than we think who buy credits. And Polyphony can see the data and say.. well (arbitrary numbers) 10% of the player base is having a hissy fit that the option is there but continue to play the game anyway, 85% just ignore it and don't let it bother them, and 5% are buying credits and its all profit. Let's stay the course.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, they've never tried to sell car packs or tracks (as far as I can remember) so they don't have any GT specific data to go off of.

I guess keeping the tracks free makes sense so it's available to everyone for championships etc (I think @Scaff said this.) I hate iRacing's system. But personally, I'd love if they sold car packs designed around themes. Either like, here's 5 cars that raced in the BTCC. It's British Touring Car Pack 1. Or here's Vintage Trans Am Pack 1 and it has 5 cars for that. Japanese Group A. Or like, here are 5 different "fake" open wheel cars that are based on: one is a 90's F1 car. Another is a 70s or 80s. An Indy car. And like an F3 car. This way they can see what people are interested in, you as a player can pick what you like, and then you get a set of vehicles that "fit" together and maybe they add some new events or a championship based around that theme.

I don't like when it's just a random pack of cars. Forza did this if I recall. They'd put that 1 car everyone wants in the pack and then a bunch of other misc weird stuff that I'm not sure who the heck would want. Like a truck or minivan or something stupid. And when they did it with Sport, it was free so I couldn't complain, plus the silhouette tease was good fun. And they generally have good taste and add good cars that people want, aside from the weird old old.. And not off-road buggies and vans and mopeds and other stupid bullcrap.. Also, not entirely a fan of the brand specific packs because it's just random cars from them. So like it'll have a cool car that was used in some specific era or series but the game doesn't have any other cars that fit with it so I don't really have anything to use it for. Hence why I like when there are a bunch of cars added that go well with each other.

..Not sure why I just wrote this up and rambled.. Sitting here eating lunch, taking a break from working on the house. I still haven't really played since the patch.

Last edited:
I wish they'd have DLC tracks and cars to pay for. I'd happily buy what I wanted knowing it would encourage them to make more. And if a lot of other people did as well then they could look at a spreadsheet and clearly see there is a return on investment and reinvest in the car/track modelling team or outsource more of it.

They've chosen to go the credit purchase route though and probably not without reason. There are probably more people than we think who buy credits. And Polyphony can see the data and say.. well (arbitrary numbers) 10% of the player base is having a hissy fit that the option is there but continue to play the game anyway, 85% just ignore it and don't let it bother them, and 5% are buying credits and its all profit. Let's stay the course.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, they've never tried to sell car packs or tracks (as far as I can remember) so they don't have any GT specific data to go off of.

I guess keeping the tracks free makes sense so it's available to everyone for championships etc (I think @Scaff said this.) I hate iRacing's system. But personally, I'd love if they sold car packs designed around themes. Either like, here's 5 cars that raced in the BTCC. It's British Touring Car Pack 1. Or here's Vintage Trans Am Pack 1 and it has 5 cars for that. Japanese Group A. Or like, here are 5 different "fake" open wheel cars that are based on: one is a 90's F1 car. Another is a 70s or 80s. An Indy car. And like an F3 car. This way they can see what people are interested in, you as a player can pick what you like, and then you get a set of vehicles that "fit" together and maybe they add some new events or a championship based around that theme.

I don't like when it's just a random pack of cars. Forza did this if I recall. They'd put that 1 car everyone wants in the pack and then a bunch of other misc weird stuff that I'm not sure who the heck would want. Like a truck or minivan or something stupid. And when they did it with Sport, it was free so I couldn't complain, plus the silhouette tease was good fun. And they generally have good taste and add good cars that people want, aside from the weird old old.. And not off-road buggies and vans and mopeds and other stupid bullcrap.. Also, not entirely a fan of the brand specific packs because it's just random cars from them. So like it'll have a cool car that was used in some specific era or series but the game doesn't have any other cars that fit with it so I don't really have anything to use it for. Hence why I like when there are a bunch of cars added that go well with each other.

..Not sure why I just wrote this up and rambled.. Sitting here eating lunch, taking a break from working on the house. I still haven't really played since the patch.
Paid tracks is the worst kind of DLC, it's on scale with paid DLC maps in online shooter. DLC cars that isn't exclusive to pay to play is ok.

I wonder if the reason why PD is holding back GR.2 events is the there maybe future related content, such as adding Twin Ring Motegi , Sugo or adding more cars from the Japanese Touring Car Championship era.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.11 Brings Sweeping Game Economy Changes

The latest update for Gran Turismo 7, v1.11, has now arrived. As expected, it’s the first of the updates that series producer Kazunori Yamauchi referred to in his message to fans last month, and it brings major changes to the game economy — particularly the ease with which players can earn in-game currency...
Yes yes thank you Grand turismo this was what we were complaining about thanks 🙏🏾

Done a couple of wtc 700 in my subaru 22b sti , then start getting by pestered by sony on my ps4 about some public facing profile and when i chose not too select any of ther marketing It appeared again next time. bullying you into selecting stuff i dont want.

Done a couple of wtc 700 in my subaru 22b sti , then start getting by pestered by sony on my ps4 about some public facing profile and when i chose not too select any of ther marketing It appeared again next time. bullying you into selecting stuff i dont want.
I think they have to get those answers because EU law.

I wonder if the reason why PD is holding back GR.2 events is the there maybe future related content, such as adding Twin Ring Motegi , Sugo or adding more cars from the Japanese Touring Car Championship era.
or even they ran into problems with Apricot Hill that would have hosted one of the chamonships rounds.....just speculating.....but its perfectly feasible and more realistic in my mind to conspiracy theories to hold back content etc.....is their also a FIA tie in that ran into issues somehow......note Lewis Hamilton is still the maestro in the credits and no Mercedes F1 cars as were in GT Sport ; was Hamiltons lack of clarity anout whether he would retire another possible issue - all very interesting. .......

no doubt time will tell.......

GT5 B-spec was more than just padding because you had to nurture the drivers and train them. They were like tamagachi, without the need to feed them :D...
It's padding because why separate A-Spec and B-Spec just to repeat all the events twice, when GT4 and GT6 (after its snail pace of update when B-Spec came, why it got appreciated for the late update unlike GT7 here?) allows you to both either use A-Spec or B-Spec in a race? Stop sweeping that dumb decision due to what the mode provides (yeah nurture the drivers or such).

I really don't see that big of a difference. Forza made me want to spend money more than GT ever did.
Because one game is charging real world money for additional content being made available after the game's release. Pretty standard stuff.

Your argument holds no ground. There was nothing FOMO or anything of the sort with FM4. The only reason it "made" you want to spend more money is because that was the only way to obtain those cars; that's how the industry worked back then & still works now. I've paid more money to PGR & the TDU series, & I've given money to PG for additional cars in FH5 b/c that's the only way to obtain them. However, once I do, the games give the cars directly to me. I suspect GT7 will release its additional cars for free in updates over time, however, prior to the update, you would've had to excessively grind for them or buy a credits pack to shortcut it if you didn't already have the money (ala, the GTAO approach).

Don't think for a second, PD will update the game with an expensive new car for free & people won't immediately buy a credit pack for $20 to play with it now, b/c they don't have the available funds and they don't want to grind for it.

Last edited:
Because one game is charging real world money for additional content being made available after the game's release. Pretty standard stuff.

Your argument holds no ground. There was nothing FOMO or anything of the sort with FM4. The only reason it "made" you want to spend more money is because that was the only way to obtain those cars; that's how the industry worked back then & still works now. I've paid more money to PGR & the TDU series, & I've given money to PG for additional cars in FH5 b/c that's the only way to obtain them. However, once I do, the games give the cars directly to me. I suspect GT7 will release its additional cars for free in updates over time, however, prior to the update, you would've had to excessively grind for them or buy a credits pack to shortcut it if you didn't already have the money (ala, the GTAO approach).

Don't think for a second, PD will update the game with an expensive new car for free & people won't immediately buy a credit pack for $20 to play with it now, b/c they don't have the available funds and they don't want to grind for it.
I'm not arguing one is worse/one is better. I was just making a point that for me (and judging by some comments, not JUST me) Forza made me spend extra on their game, and made me want to. You could have every car in GT without spending a dime. So there's at the very least an argument to be made.

Gran Turismo has never even tempted me to use my wallet beyond the initial cost of the game. Those MTX prices are foolishly high.

Forza made me spend extra on their game, and made me want to. You could have every car in GT without spending a dime. So there's at the very least an argument to be made.
Because they ship with the game, same with Forza. Forza only charged you for cars that didn't. There's no argument to be made.

Last edited:
I rather have free cars in dlc and grind my self to buy them in game, and now it has getting easier to get money in the game, its not like every car they add will be high rollers for 10-20 millions, my bet is that gt7 will have about 200 new cars and maybe 8-10 new tracks in its lifetime, imagine what that would have cost you if they charge you for it, it would be more expensive than the game itself

195,000 Cr. for a 10 lap/20 minute race at Autopolis... that's a bit more like it! And a 300,000 Cr. car with the 4-star ticket that came with completing the Daily Marathon.

I'm very glad that PD have fixed a big problem with the game already - there's still room for improvement (quite a lot...) but it's a good start.

Back