Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
The game is balanced to push you to spend more money. Selling cars was always there so why is it gone now- look point 1....
Why do you think having the ability to sell cars will have signified a change from that? We all know it'll probably exclude gifted cars anyway, but if you could sell them and they had included it at launch you can bet you'd get less money for events by virtue of the fact you could sell the cars that the cafe gives you.

Like I said, 35k is no different to 35k at the end of the day, no matter how you get it. Just because you can sell cars for money doesn't mean the economy would be in a different state, you'd just make less money from events and more money from selling cars.

It's not though, theyve had 5 years. Sure we know the reputation of PD but I don't think you can call 5 years rushing them.
The bizarre amount of fixes for things that are basically standard, or at the very least seemed like they should be (The lobbies being one very repeated example of this) just feels like it was quickly thrown together and not neatly thought out though, again like something just hastily put together to meet a quota.
I genuinely think selling cars is massively overhyped by people. It'll be nice to cut down on some extra cars for credits but at the end of the day its hardly a life changing feature.
Careful, you'll be burned at the stake for thinking such heresy.

Last edited:
He doesn't even think of the scenario of buying a whole 20 million credit car, driving it, not liking it... and having to be stuck with it when you could just sell it and get some million credits back on your pocket for others cars and tune parts.

But I guess this is too much thinking for some people... Or people who are ignorant of corporate greed.
Nice words coming from someone who on the same page was crying about people having a sad life because they were getting poop reactions and not having discussions.

Just jump straight into snide, indirect insulting. Very cool. Very classy. Hope you get your selling cars soon, bestie x.

Btw when they eventually put the selling cars thing in, I suspect it'll be like GT Sport and prize cars won't be worth anything.

Edit: I mean when I first heard people complaining about not being able to sell cars, I thought they meant get rid of them at all, then I found the discard button and I'm not bothered at all tbh.

Last edited:
I genuinely think selling cars is massively overhyped by people. It'll be nice to cut down on some extra cars for credits but at the end of the day its hardly a life changing feature.

This game is balanced out to give you the money for completing an event rather than for the event and selling a car on top. Winning an event for 5k and selling the car for 30k in the old games is no different to the smattering of 35k + reward events we have.

Just my 2c.
At this point for me it is more about false advertisement than anything (because I don't need credits, I got credits from Tomahawk and engine glitch). It would be nice to have a feature in game that was advertised. Not breaking news material but atleast PD would do something which they promised to do.
1658999838308.png

Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10000956

1658999669794.png

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/#sf254892831

Probably most of the players didn't use glitch from last month and new players won't have a chance to use it (same as Tomahawk at Tokyo). So anyone who in the future will want to complete collection is stuck to Tokyo, Spa, Le Mans and Sardegna because PD is stubborn with prizes in other events (especially new one) for some reason. Imagine having more than 100 events in game and only 4 are worth the effort 🤣 . I guess for PD it makes sense.

Oh wait

1658998486081.png

I guess it isn't possible for PD if they didn't manage to adjust prizes of ~100 events since
1658998575549.png

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-responds-gt7-outrage-20220318/

Last edited:
Why do you think having the ability to sell cars will have signified a change from that? We all know it'll probably exclude gifted cars anyway, but if you could sell them and they had included it at launch you can bet you'd get less money for events by virtue of the fact you could sell the cars that the cafe gives you.

Like I said, 35k is no different to 35k at the end of the day, no matter how you get it. Just because you can sell cars for money doesn't mean the economy would be in a different state, you'd just make less money from events and more money from selling cars.
And what about 34k +35k? The game is the least paying gt game since gt3 you cannot go round it.

The bizarre amount of fixes for things that are basically standard, or at the very least seemed like they should be (The lobbies being one very repeated example of this) just feels like it was quickly thrown together and not neatly thought out though, again like something just hastily put together to meet a quota.

Maybe, but in that case then the question just comes back to "what the hell have they been doing the last 5 years?". The mind boggles.

So, all the weird tantrums aside, what the hell is this?
Patch Notes
Balance of Performance (BoP) is now displayed as 3 variations: High-speed (H), Mid-speed (M) and Low-speed (L).
Game Manual
Depending on track attributes, three types of BoP may be applied, each individually adjusted for "high-speed", "medium-speed" and "slow-speed" tracks.
I've been mucking about with lobby settings and although that information is displayed it doesn't actually appear to affect BOP power/weight...

So, all the weird tantrums aside, what the hell is this?

I've been mucking about with lobby settings and although that information is displayed it doesn't actually appear to affect BOP power/weight...
I don't even get the 3 BoP variants.

And what about 34k +35k? The game is the least paying gt game since gt3 you cannot go round it.
I never denied it was the least paying GT game since GT3. I just said selling is overhyped, but of course if they add selling now, it'd be a welcome feature now the economy is in a better state.

I was just saying that if the game launched with it as people wanted, it wouldn't solve the economy issues because payouts would've been adjusted to match it. Instead of getting I don't know, 50k for finishing an event, it's likely you would get 25k and a car that sells for 25k, or something like that.

The economy was obviously designed to pay out as little as it did, selling would not have been a miracle cure for that, it would've been part of the equation.

It's actually the other way around...

I noticed you are also one of the apologists of this game. But... it's actually true that the ability to sell cars is needed. You win 80 or so cars just from menus and missions and most casuals won't even drive half of them... Yet have to be stuck with them instead of being able to sell them to buy cars they actually want and not grind the same race over and over.

Oh... heresy!!!

It's actually the other way around...

I noticed you are also one of the apologists of this game. But... it's actually true that the ability to sell cars is needed. You win 80 or so cars just from menus and missions and most casuals won't even drive half of them... Yet have to be stuck with them instead of being able to sell them to buy cars they actually want and not grind the same race over and over.

Oh... heresy!!!
Except where do I benefit from "Defending a game" that I don't own? Is it gonna make it appear faster? Is it gonna make a PS5 materialize in my home?

I literally just mentioned how oddly rushed the game feels with some of the fixes, which is far from "defending it". Again, you're getting awfully personal and unnecessarily aggressive here.

Last edited:
Selling the cars won't fix the game , yeah it is nice have but it's not the magical fix that people expect

if we get it then most likely you won't be able to sell your gifted cars , so you can delete your NSX Gr.B cars :P

Last edited:
Selling the cars won't fix the game , yeah it is nice have but it's not the magical fix that people expect

if we get it most likely you won't be able to sell your gifted cars , so you can delete your NSX Gr.B cars :P
At this stage, I don’t care. I lose money for the cars I bought, to a problem. It’ll be a problem for many others, but I just want to wipe my garage. The favourites option is a blessing, but I need them suckas gone.

You fail, miserably, to see the intent of why we still can't sell cars. This isn't personal interpretation at all.

You on the other hand are wetting your pants all happy with changes that should've been on the game at launch. Meanwhile, a ton of people already dusted the game and won't ever see these changes in the first place. You are the one being disingenuous if anything.
The credits that will be made back from selling cars will be minuscule in the overall scheme not very many people have a surplus of gift cars that they can use to place purchased cars with, and the cars we win on the wheel are usually cheap.

It's such a small part of the game that PD clearly doesn't care about it since it simply doesn't add any real value to the game. That doesn't explain why they haven't added it of course, because it should be very very easy to do so. Which leads back to my original theory of PD being overstretched with their current workforce. They simply must be doing something else on the side and it must be big. 5 months since release and the fixes and additions have been minor to say the least.

Last edited:
Selling the cars won't fix the game
It's a combination of many things that are needed to fix the game...

Selling cars massively helps with the economy of this game as it makes you grind less if you just want a select few cars in your garage and want to go all nuts on your tuning options, which are also expensive, and also removes a scenario where you buy an expensive car that you ended up not liking and have to be stuck with it.

At this stage, I don’t care. I lose money for the cars I bought, to a problem. It’ll be a problem for many others, but I just want to wipe my garage. The favourites option is a blessing, but I need them suckas gone.
Well you already can , there is a delete car option but of course you won't get any money from that

Last edited:
Well you already can , there is a delete car option but of course you get any money from that
Still keeps the one car. I need it gone.

I bought nearly 900 cars(mainly for one makes and certain race series I replicate) and had to cull some. I want total deletion for many I don’t use and won’t use.

Last edited:
Which leads back to my original theory of PD being overstretched with their current workforce. They simply must be doing something else on the side and it must be big. 5 months since release and the fixes and additions have been minor to say the least.
First rodeo? PD are just slow. Always have been. Kaz is also either a straight up liar or at best incredibly optimist with little grasp on reality.

Let me remind you a few months before GT6 came out he said this about course maker:

“Yes. In regards to the course maker, it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.
When did it actually come? Almost TWO YEARS LATER! How can you be that far off in your estimation? How could he have thought it was close to day one when really it needed another two years?

There is no other big project, just some serious issues at a supposed first party studio of 300 people.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but where can I buy buy last months Suzuki Escudo and this months Super Silhouette?
Skyline at midnight UTC today, Escudo probably in 50-60(?) days, or wherever PD actually cycles it into the normal rotation.

Last edited:
Hypercar event no LaFerrari in it to fight agaisnt it :(

Attachments

• 94C385A8-9A52-44A7-A421-CE2D8E48B5DD.jpeg
    94C385A8-9A52-44A7-A421-CE2D8E48B5DD.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back