Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
I'm suggesting that real GT4 cars would also be implemented as upgrade paths for the relevant base car. If there were multiple cosmetic variations for a single model* then the player could choose which they want.
*because for the purposes of BoP it's probably going to be easiest to make all instances of the same model equal in performance even if they're technically not in real life.

Anything based off modifications of the same platform should be an upgrade path, imaginary or not. I don't much care about the difference between a GT4 that exists in real life and one that is "fictional", provided that it's done well.

And yes, I'm sure Polyphony would mess up the implementation. But since we're already talking about fixing something that they're doing poorly we could fix that too. Upgrade presets to make a car into each spec. Forza already has one-click options to auto-upgrade to the top of a PI class, GT should have that for specific BoP classes like Group 3/4.
Forza 😂😂😂 please, Forza as example no, please don’t say that

Just so you know. No one signed away their image rights when entering GTWS. At least one, possibly two, drivers refused to be involved in GT7.
Sort of, based on the T&C's it's an automatic opt-in, so while you can refuse, the default assumption is that you can be used for any "reasonable publicity required by the Promoter".

"Each Winner and Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. To opt-out of such publicity, the Winner or Runner-Up should notify the Promoter."

This is for the EMEA market anyway, other markets may well be different.

Last edited:
Forza 😂😂😂 please, Forza as example no, please don’t say that
Oh, dear. It's not like GT ever borrowed ideas from Forza is it, or that Forza has managed to get things right that GT's failed on.

The two franchises have homaged the crap out of each other for years, and if you can't actually see that, it's a clear indication your bias is showing.

You should block me then. Easy 🤷🏼‍♂️

If PD was serious about pursuing MTX’s, they would have made them a much better value. Why not just go for the whales and FOMO’s when you can get guys like me too? I would have zero issue paying some real money for some fake money if the investment was worth my time. At $20usd for 2 million credits, the time-investment ratio isn’t there.
This has come up numerous times and the maths is out for it, as I have said previously

"You've made an inaccurate assumption in that the 0.15% isn't spending 'x' amount, but that the 0.15% makes up 50% of all revenue for MTX for each title (on average).

Sony will have crunched the numbers on this, zero chance that hasn't happened and what we have, is what they see as the model most likely to bring them the highest additional revenue for the title, and they will have based it on what people spent on GTS MTX. They will know how many spent, what they spent in total, what the highest spends were and what the max spend percentile was and how much they spent each.

If we take the GTA V example, they have circa 33 million on-line players, and made $600 million in microtransaction revenue in 2019, that works out to be 495,000 people (0.15%) spending $300 million (50%) which is $606 as an average for each one. If Sony could match that spend in GT7, and it sold say 10 million copies, that's just shy of $90 million from the 0.15% and $180 million in total. 70% @ $2.49 is just under $17.5 million for comparison.

Now you and I might not spend $606 on MTX (well I know for a fact I never would), but their are people out there who will, it might be in large chucks, it might be broken up over the course of a year or two, but they most certainly exist, and 0.15% is a low target to need to hit to get a huge revenue.

It's not unreasonable for Sony to conclude that if Rockstar can get those kind of spends out of GTAV, they should be able to get them out of GT7, particularly given the similarity in pricing and approach both have to MTXs"

Add in the fact that the credit packs themselves are designed specifically to encourage people to spend more:

"Don't forget that the cost of the Credit packs is scaled to encourage you to buy more, the Cr.2m one is less than half the price (per credit) of the Cr.100k one. Yet these have no cost of production, no economy of scale in production exists, it's a mechanism that only exists to reward you if you spend more on the microtransactions, and has denominational splits designed to get you to up-spend."

And it is quite clear that by specifically targeting whales Sony are doing what the entire industry knows and has repeatedly proven is the route to maximise MTX return.

so you telling me that Porsche 918 Spyder is fake , Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette doesn't exist and the Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder was just a dream 🤔

I'm referring to the two Suzuki VGTs and the other 100+ that are in the game. Nissan has had a very close relationship with PD and no doubt gets models cheaper as a result. Same with Toyota etc. The Pebble Beach winners no doubt also don't charge as much as let's say Porsche.

The career mode, as usual, is a crap. There´s no qualy and the gamers are punished. AND I wonder why we´re forced to complete all the races to win the overall prize. Kaz sucks.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220818122213.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220818122213.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 26
Is it me or this update kinda destabilized Lobbies? I got CE-210315 2 time consecutively in Sport mode.

It's annoying though, this is the first time I encounter lobby problems in Sport mode.
I got this a few weeks ago at Spa in gr.4. I could never finish a race cause this bug appeared before the race finish. I actually got this bug 2/2 or was it 3/3 races. I have ps4, did you get it it with ps5 or ps4?

I got this a few weeks ago at Spa in gr.4. I could never finish a race cause this bug appeared before the race finish. I actually got this bug 2/2 or was it 3/3 races. I have ps4, did you get it it with ps5 or ps4?
PS4. I assume it's the console since every lobbies I've seen on youtube is on PS5 lol

Back