Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming September 1

• Thread starter Famine
  • 158 comments
Will PD ever be adding more Music rally tracks or is that dead in the water?
I just wish they just remove Music rally, this then unlock's multiple benefits ...

• The game can jump straight into World Map view when game is loaded. Better user friendliness.
  • Reduces the game disk space and resource footprint
  • One less thing for the development team to worry about so they can focus on fixing the real issues with the game.

I just wish they just remove Music rally, this then unlock's multiple benefits ...

• The game can jump straight into World Map view when game is loaded. Better user friendliness.
  • One less thing for the development team to worry about so they can focus on fixing the real issues with the game.
Music Rally hardly takes up any dev resources. They haven't updated it at all since the game launched.

Ages ago before GT7 came out, I lamented the fact that with the crazy detail standard of car models going forward and how rare some cars are, there are a lot of models that are never going to advance past the old PS2 models and will be resigned to the digital graveyard.

The mini-marcos was the car I had in my mind regarding this really. Loved the mini-marcos and (unsuccessfully) pursued buying one in real life as they've all disappeared now.

Would also appreciate any other Marcos, but never going to happen.
Is Marcos a make which can even be successfully licenced anymore? I haven't seen one in a game for over a decade since they shut down in 2007 (discounting the recycled Mini Marcos in GT6), though maybe I missed one. Shame if they can't, I always liked the various mid to late 90's models ever since I learnt of them from Max Power Racing back in the day.

Last edited:

I remember that when I first lauched GT7 on my PS4 I was able to start the Music Rally while the game was finishing installing on my hard drive. So I guess Music Rally offered me to start playing before the whole game installation was completed. That was the point of it I guess ?
Idem when the game is under maintenance I think that music rally offers « offline » content ?
But yeah that feature did not live up to any expectations I agree…

Is Marcos a make which can even be successfully licenced anymore? I haven't seen one in a game for over a decade since they shut down in 2007 (discounting the recycled Mini Marcos in GT6), though maybe I missed one. Shame if they can't, I always liked the various mid to late 90's models ever since I learnt of them from Max Power Racing back in the day.
The danger with a company that's been liquidated, is if IP you want to license doesn't all belong to the same entity. In the case of Marcos, wiki says some of the physical assets were sold to one company (Marcos Heritage Spares), whilst according to Companies House a second company (Page Motors) recently became Marcos Motor Company Ltd... as it happens, both these companies seem to have recently appointed the same directors.

Yet, a quick trademark search shows, for example, the Marcos logo being registered to a company in the Netherlands for Class 12 (motor vehicles etc.) whilst the same logo is registered to Marcos Sportscars in the UK for Class 9 (electronic games inc. video games). Neither Marcos Sportscars nor Marcos Investments B.v are anything to do with Marcos Motors or Marcos Heritage Spares.

The short version of that, is you could have two separate entities, with a reasonable claim to IP that PD would need.

I wasn't going to spend hours looking into this, so I'm not saying as a fact this is the situation with Marcos, but it should demonstrate some of the issues you could have. A more well known example of how weird things can get when companies change statues, is Rolls-Royce.

I believe so. I think Cor Euser still has the rights to Marcos Racing International, and Marcos is still listed as an active company on Companies House (since 2010, although evidently pretty dormant, but someone could probably be contacted there) https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07446000

edit: better response above me, but some dialogue could probably be opened and the correct person(s) be found, but probably not worth the hassle for developers

Last edited:
edit: better response above me, but some dialogue could probably be opened and the correct person(s) be found, but probably not worth the hassle for developers

Tony Brown's Marcos Cars has been recently active, they have a facebook page and website of some sort.

1662045573325.png

Note that he's not using the traditional Marcos logo here... that's the kind of problem I'd expect PD to have licensing the old cars, for example.

Has anyone else experienced any errors on the last 2, v120 & 121 downloads? Each version has messaged - 8 errors can't download, but the upgrade is there and all seems to function properly. On a PS4, just curious

Better luck getting a boat into the game than some cars. Or that nice seaplane there. I'm joking. BUT. What would be nice PD introduced more racing disciplines into the game. I can think of Trophy trucks, Baja, Racing trucks. More indy cars. NASCAR has not yet been introduced. I bet it will be given NASCAR tracks in the game.

And on another note. PD need to expand the amount of customizable parts, lights, bumpers, grilles,splitters, mirrors, wings vents or ducts, bodykits. Wheel arch extenders bolt on type. More add ons for cars. Ability for drifters to paint tyres. I would like to see more tyre widths options like in Forza, where you are given the dimensions and can see the end result in a clearer view than we have currently when a a new wheel has been fitted.

A before and after comparison i.e better picture would be nice. Also what's with the certain parts of cars not being able to be painted. When will we get customizable wheels ? Please put me in charge of the car customizable parts department. I clearly know what everyone wants more than PD do.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the fuel refill marker might be bugged?
In Kie's stream today we were racing and on the first race every single car was underfueled by one lap (even though we filled up to the marker).
It seems that before the car reaches the pit box the marker is accurate, but after it reaches the box (which causes the lap counter to go up IIRC) the marker shows 1 lap less

The danger with a company that's been liquidated, is if IP you want to license doesn't all belong to the same entity. In the case of Marcos, wiki says some of the physical assets were sold to one company (Marcos Heritage Spares), whilst according to Companies House a second company (Page Motors) recently became Marcos Motor Company Ltd... as it happens, both these companies seem to have recently appointed the same directors.

Yet, a quick trademark search shows, for example, the Marcos logo being registered to a company in the Netherlands for Class 12 (motor vehicles etc.) whilst the same logo is registered to Marcos Sportscars in the UK for Class 9 (electronic games inc. video games). Neither Marcos Sportscars nor Marcos Investments B.v are anything to do with Marcos Motors or Marcos Heritage Spares.

The short version of that, is you could have two separate entities, with a reasonable claim to IP that PD would need.

I wasn't going to spend hours looking into this, so I'm not saying as a fact this is the situation with Marcos, but it should demonstrate some of the issues you could have. A more well known example of how weird things can get when companies change statues, is Rolls-Royce.
Thanks for the informative replies everyone, guess liquidized companies really are as much of a pain to licence everything as I feared. I guess this sort of thing is why, for example, the Mini Cooper S '65 in the first Forza Horizon completely lacked all badging and was listed as German rather than British, as they hadn't negotiated the rights to the legacy logos until the later games where they were added to the model? Come to think of it the one in GT7 doesn't have badging on the front or back either right?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the fuel refill marker might be bugged?
In Kie's stream today we were racing and on the first race every single car was underfueled by one lap (even though we filled up to the marker).
It seems that before the car reaches the pit box the marker is accurate, but after it reaches the box (which causes the lap counter to go up IIRC) the marker shows 1 lap less
I saw this happen before the update during a custom race against AI. I just started to ignore the diamond but its something that should be fixed.

I can't play the game anymore since the 1.21 update. After a few restarts of my PS4 it boots but when returning to the main menu it completely freezes. Anybody else with this problem or a possible solution?

I can't play the game anymore since the 1.21 update. After a few restarts of my PS4 it boots but when returning to the main menu it completely freezes. Anybody else with this problem or a possible solution?
I actually booted up the ps4 in my bedroom(ps5 is in the living room), to have a quick run before bed. The update completed and the game started. Yes, it did freeze. I shut it off and not touching the ps4 version again. Sorry.

I remember that when I first lauched GT7 on my PS4 I was able to start the Music Rally while the game was finishing installing on my hard drive. So I guess Music Rally offered me to start playing before the whole game installation was completed. That was the point of it I guess ?
Idem when the game is under maintenance I think that music rally offers « offline » content ?
But yeah that feature did not live up to any expectations I agree…

Ya I'm pretty sure it was just there to keep us busy while the game finished installing. Something that was a novelty and we were easily impressed by because we were jonesing for some GT7. The classical song with the beats makes me laugh because I can picture nerdy type people dancing to it like Theresa May.

Hey man, seems like it's a placebo effect after all. Tyre wear is still the same outside the mission lol sorry for getting your hopes up.
I spent much of yesterday struggling to place in the top 3 of the Daytona Gr.1 race. Putting my struggles down to the increased tyre wear. Then I found a good tune for the 787B, improved my lines, and won three on the bounce!

On average I was only going 1 second per lap quicker. But it really add’s up over the course of a race! Been a similar story on the Tokyo 600 event. Had to improve my lines and stop making silly mistakes.

Great,it fixed all sort of problems i don't have except the one that breaks the game for me since the last big update....error CE-44004-2 that prevents me from connecting to the GT7 server.Im perfectly connected to PSN and I'm on a 500mb/sec connection that works fine on all the other games I have so that can't be the issue.Ive researched the error but I came back empty handed from Sony's own troubleshooting website and Reddit as well...It's the only GT game I regret buying since I've started playing it 25 years ago.

Great,it fixed all sort of problems i don't have except the one that breaks the game for me since the last big update....error CE-44004-2 that prevents me from connecting to the GT7 server.Im perfectly connected to PSN and I'm on a 500mb/sec connection that works fine on all the other games I have so that can't be the issue.Ive researched the error but I came back empty handed from Sony's own troubleshooting website and Reddit as well...It's the only GT game I regret buying since I've started playing it 25 years ago.
Tried this?

Okay....

It seems like they actually decreased the tyre wear not only on the Bathurst mission but all races?
Currently grinding on Tokyo and the tyre wear is reduced for me.

Anyone else can confirm or debunk this?
I'll have to check Sardegna later - that was the one track of the Meta Three where I really noticed a change post-1.20. I didn't notice it at all at Tokyo - in fact, on my last run, Gallo and his NSX lasted 6 laps instead of the usual 5 on his first stint (though on the previous run, Gallo's second pit was on lap 8 instead of the usual lap 9...and lap 10 on that last run). I barely noticed any change at Sarthe, though none of my races there were truly bone-dry.

Last edited:
My game just updated and i launch it and I'm presented with the spinning GT logo while it saids "saving" on the bottom right. I'm scared to quit out because it might corrupt my data. Anybody else had this issue?

Tried this?

Yes,I'm on a wired connection NAT type 2,always been like this and never had a problem before last big update,hoped the patch would fix it but apparently I'm the only one with this problem...😢

Back