Gran Turismo 7 Used Car Dealership UI Mockups. (Not Real)

• Thread starter DefNotJake
  • 22 comments
United States
Maryland, USA
Decided to make some UI concepts for fun. I'm not a UI designer, so this was made mostly as eye candy. Although I didn't really want to add feature concepts, I thought it may be good to add for discussion. The UI 'look' is a mixture of GT4 simplicity, and GT Sport aesthetics. If people want more GT7 UI concepts, I'll probably make one for GT Auto.

Gran Turismo 7 Used Car Dealership

Here is the HD Imgur link for all the screens.

Here us the video version of this mockup.
Used Car Dealership.
upload_2020-9-26_0-54-44.png

'Repairs Needed' - These cars do not run, and require the help of GT Auto to get it back on the road again. This gives players a cheaper alternative; to bring cars back to life rather than waiting for a more pristine, expensive alternative of the same car.

Vin Numbers - Each car has a Vin Number generated by Gran Turismo. The Vin number layout entirely depends what it is like in the real world. (Pretty sure this would only be possible if the game is 'Always online' like GTSport.)

Adjusted Stock Refresh-
The timer represents the countdown till a new car gets added to the stock. Every time a car gets added, and car at the back of the list gets deleted. (Maximum of 24 cars). This isn't a refresh of the entire stock. Entire stock refreshes happen randomly throughout the day, and only happen while you are in events. This is to discourage players from taking advantage of fast refresh exploits, while still giving players a reason to check the stock whenever they get a chance.
Used Car Dealership - Stat Toggle. (Triangle Button)
upload_2020-9-26_0-54-51.png

'Preview Car' - Full-screen, controllable 360-cam preview of the car you selected.

'Purchase as Gift' -
If you spot a hard to find car that you know a friend of yours wants, you can buy it for them and have it sent to them instantly.
Used Car Dealership - Car Preview Page (X Button)
upload_2020-9-26_0-54-57.png

EDIT (9/25/2020 10:42 PM EST): Just some polishing, and better aligning. Why must my eyes only catch errors after I export and post it online? :P

EDIT_2 (9/26/2020 12:53 PM EST): More polish.

Last edited:
If anyone has a feature they would like to see added, comment below and I may try to make room for it if it makes sense.

Not bad for someone who isn't a UI designer. Also, what font have you used for the car names?
Helvetica Neue Extended Medium. It's the same as the car names from GT4 I'm pretty sure.

I actually like how those menu designs look, they keep true to the modern GT aesthetics that I am used to. One small change I would make though is moving the car model text down a bit, it's hanging too close to the top.
Thanks, that was a big mistake on my part. I started with the Golf, then didn't do the others. All fixed now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a similar format to GT6's dealership, but this somehow looks significantly better, like bigger and more elaborate...

Talking about something outside menu though, not every old cars will be on UCD, like the influental old cars will be on the main dealership but on Classics/Legendary Cars instead in GT4.

This is a similar format to GT6's dealership, but this somehow looks significantly better, like bigger and more elaborate...

I loved GT6, but I really wished they would have kept the used car market. Makes way more sense to keep the standard cars in the used car section of the game, instead of putting them in the dealership right beside the premium cars. Not many liked the standard cars, but I'm sure most would agree they have way more charm when they are rares collectables hidden in the Used Car dealership.

I apologize, still getting used to the in's-and-outs of this forum. I'll be sure to post there if I do any more.

The neon green digital numbers comes out well.
I remember the styled odometers from the GT5 UCD fondly, so I had to incorporate that into this someway. It looks so cool. The neon green odometer mixed with the skyline banner definitely sells the plastic 90's interior vibe I was going for..

btw, just discovered your Gran Turismo early 90's UI project on the other topic (where I should have posted mine), I love it!

I remember the styled odometers from the GT5 UCD fondly, so I had to incorporate that into this someway. It looks so cool. The neon green odometer mixed with the skyline banner definitely sells the plastic 90's interior vibe I was going for..

btw, just discovered your Gran Turismo early 90's UI project on the other topic (where I should have posted mine), I love it!
Thanks, really appreciated. Looking forward to see more UI artwork from you.

These works are insane! In my opinion, the features are very spot-on and everything feels very GT. I hope the real UCD ends up looking like your work.

Decided to make some UI concepts for fun. I'm not a UI designer, so this was made mostly as eye candy. Although I didn't really want to add feature concepts, I thought it may be good to add for discussion. The UI 'look' is a mixture of GT4 simplicity, and GT Sport aesthetics. If people want more GT7 UI concepts, I'll probably make one for GT Auto.

Gran Turismo 7 Used Car Dealership

Used Car Dealership.
View attachment 960618
'Repairs Needed' - These cars do not run, and require the help of GT Auto to get it back on the road again. This gives players a cheaper alternative; to bring cars back to life rather than waiting for a more pristine, expensive alternative of the same car.

Vin Numbers - Each car has a Vin Number generated by Gran Turismo. The Vin number layout entirely depends what it is like in the real world. (Pretty sure this would only be possible if the game is 'Always online' like GTSport.)

Adjusted Stock Refresh-
The timer represents the countdown till a new car gets added to the stock. Every time a car gets added, and car at the back of the list gets deleted. (Maximum of 24 cars). This isn't a refresh of the entire stock. Entire stock refreshes happen randomly throughout the day, and only happen while you are in events. This is to discourage players from taking advantage of fast refresh exploits, while still giving players a reason to check the stock whenever they get a chance.
Used Car Dealership - Stat Toggle. (Triangle Button)
View attachment 960619

'Preview Car' - Full-screen, controllable 360-cam preview of the car you selected.

'Purchase as Gift' -
If you spot a hard to find car that you know a friend of yours wants, you can buy it for them and have it sent to them instantly.
Used Car Dealership - Car Preview Page (X Button)
View attachment 960620

EDIT (9/25/2020 10:42 PM EST): Just some polishing, and better aligning. Why must my eyes only catch errors after I export and post it online? :P

EDIT_2 (9/26/2020 12:53 PM EST): More polish.
Reminds me of GT5 Prologue and GT5

Well, it seems to be flooded with the bluish/whitish concepts from Hallitrd (I am not exactly the biggest fan of them)

For the not being a UI designer, you clearly have a good design instinct. The layout a very good design. UI design only becomes UI design when you go into detail about ease navigation between screens, being that within 3 seconds the user can be able to navigate the screen after being plopped in with no context of what icons mean (google design affordance).

some things that jump out as a bit add is green bing used for mileage and it’s change in font, it’s a bit too contrasty-and being its a different font with odd weights it’s a bit hard to read. Not good for some something with such high contrast. Perhaps keep them as the same font but highlight them in green for low mileage. Also perhaps the cheapest version of the model (given there a multiple in the same menu) can be highlighted as well so I can find the cheapest Type-R quickly to win the beginner rounds.

Other than that, it’s very close to the Gran Turismo style, nice work.

Last edited:
One suggestion, how about if they also implement a system similar to the Auction House in Forza in GT7’s version of the Used Car Dealerships?

Where you can set a price for the car you’re selling (there are limitations as to avoid the car from being almost too expensive with a price not attractive to buyers), and that players can bid until one has decided to buy it out, or has been the highest bidder after a time.

Furthermore, to make this work, any and all cars from winning certain events and/or the Daily Workout should be sold, but because they’re reward cars, their default selling price when selling it in the Garage should be Cr. 100.

I specially love those R32 lights! This could be used in a GT7 ;)

Can you please post that R32 original photo?

Last edited:
Yeah, its not looking that great :D Thanks anyway :)

Those scanlines are added by you or the game?

Last edited:
Back