Gran Turismo 7 Was Revealed One Year Ago Today

I think it’s crazy that people are calling the devs washed up just because they didn’t get information on the next game fast enough for their liking lol

Genuinely strange behaviour
It is indeed strange. I'm scratching my head reading some of the comments ITT. I do understand the frustration by the lack of information about the game but we already know PD, they won't disclose any unless they are ready to show it to the public. I kinda like that PD is becoming the underdog tbh.

Last edited:
Even GT7 manage get good reviews in this series, I think people will find away to turn into not good enough as GT series as whole like 5 and 6. Funny thing I remember correctly people didn’t even like 5 and 6 when the game out but some how they worshiped the last two game is best game ever after sport coming out. When half the time people complain about the games is bad with copy paste car and bug. I’m going put a side my opinion raging about cross platform and hold out my judgement when the game get released for review, and public opinion when they get hand on. After all when sport got bad review, there people in simracing community like the game and still supporting it. Some how still playing it to this day along with the new fan. Let wait out and see how GT7 goes and how many people will play after the release. This how you test the player base that willing support.

Forza Horizon 3/4/5 run at 30fps on base XboxOne so they're able to pack in more graphical detail than GTSport, Forza 7, or GT7 PS4 where 60fps is required for base last-gen consoles.

At this point for next-gen though, the amount of detail and consistent graphics is going to come down to man-power, and I wouldn't be surprised if Playground were able to also make higher detailed assets for next-gen with outsource help.

Polyphony is going to get left behind again if they think they can compete with massive outsource teams helping make environment props, vegetation, buildings, rocky cliffs, etc. So yeah, PS5 GT7 is still most definitely going to be held back graphically by the PS4 version just based on the fact that PD will try to create all of the tracks by themselves as a <200 man team, meaning they'll just create assets that can run on the lowest base console and will just up the resolution for the PS5 port. We've already seen the massively inconsistent results with various tracks in GTSport, so good luck to Polyphony competing with the consistent level of detail in FH5 and releasing the game in a timely manner.

Here's an outsource worker who helped work on FH4.

"I was super honored to work on Forza Horizon 4 alongside the rest of the cool guys and gals at Playground Games in 2018. A massive team effort resulted in an incredible game that we can all be very proud of.
My roles during production included -
- Being part of the asset and outsource management team, creating briefs, grey-box models, providing feedback and fixing/polishing assets where required.
- Scene composition for the coastal areas, placing buildings, props, foliage, and other assets.
- Using photogrammetry scans to create ground cover assets.
- General bug fixing across the map, with a lot of bug fixing working specifically in the coastal area and Edinburgh.
"

FH5
fh5t3kg2.png

fh527yjpx.png
Anyway forza it is going to be at 30fps even on Series X so let's not compare i with GT7, they are totally different games

Even GT7 manage get good reviews in this series, I think people will find away to turn into not good enough as GT series as whole like 5 and 6. Funny thing I remember correctly people didn’t even like 5 and 6 when the game out but some how they worshiped the last two game is best game ever after sport coming out. When half the time people complain about the games is bad with copy paste car and bug. I’m going put a side my opinion raging about cross platform and hold out my judgement when the game get released for review, and public opinion when they get hand on. After all when sport got bad review, there people in simracing community like the game and still supporting it. Some how still playing it to this day along with the new fan. Let wait out and see how GT7 goes and how many people will play after the release. This how you test the player base that willing support.
For me, I hope GT7 is good even if it is cross-gen. I just find it dissapoiting that they weren't more ambitious with the title to allow it to take more advantage of the PS5 hardware (assuming the cross-gen thing is true). But people have a right to voice thier concerns regarding that. But if it is a good game, I won't be so bitter that I'll refuse to enjoy it and/or aknowledge what I like about it. I genuinely hope it is great either way, I'm just concerned by recent developments.

As for GT5 and 6, I don't think many people herald those as the best GT games ever, most long term GT fans tend to put earlier GT's ahead of both of those. You only have to look at this thread here to see how few people rate either of those as the best, let alone close to the best.

Of course, some people will find things to dislike, you cannot please everyone and Polyphony have to do thier best to balance creating the game they want with the game the fans want and the game that will generate a healthy enough profit. It isn't easy for them, but if all the fans ever did was say "we like this" "were not concerned with that" ets. and never raised criticisms, it would be an injustice to Polyphony because without knowing what the fans want it's harder for them to provide it. You have to be reasonable with criticism of course, saying I hate GT Sport because it didn't feature 10,000 cars and 1000 tracks is not reasonable, but objective, reasonable criticism is just as valid as objective, reasonable praise.

I do think it's sensible to try not to get caught up in too much hpye or concern before a game has come out, it's certainly wise to reserve judgment until you have experienced it for yourself, but at the same time, this is a fan forum so things are going to discussed in detail, especially while news is slow.

Last edited:
Anyway forza it is going to be at 30fps even on Series X so let's not compare i with GT7, they are totally different games

Yeah, I just read it runs at 4k 30fps on Seriex X, and ray-traced reflections is only in Vista look mode. Would explain how they got so much detail in anyway.

But I believe PD will still struggle with making consistent high quality assets without outsource help based on what we saw in GT5/6/Sport.

Yeah, I just read it runs at 4k 30fps on Seriex X, and ray-traced reflections is only in Vista look mode. Would explain how they got so much detail in anyway.

But I believe PD will still struggle with making consistent high quality assets without outsource help based on what we saw in GT5/6/Sport.
Yeah they basically sacrificed everything only for the graphics details, even the gameplay looks identical to forza hoizon 4...

For me, I hope GT7 is good even if it is cross-gen. I just find it dissapoiting that they weren't more ambitious with the title to allow it to take more advantage of the PS5 hardware (assuming the cross-gen thing is true). But people have a right to voice thier concerns regarding that. But if it is a good game, I won't be so bitter that I'll refuse to enjoy it and/or aknowledge what I like about it. I genuinely hope it is great either way, I'm just concerned by recent developments.

As for GT5 and 6, I don't think many people herald those as the best GT games ever, most long term GT fans tend to put earlier GT's ahead of both of those. You only have to look at this thread here to see how few people rate either of those as the best, let alone close to the best.

Of course, some people will find things to dislike, you cannot please everyone and Polyphony have to do thier best to balance creating the game they want with the game the fans want and the game that will generate a healthy enough profit. It isn't easy for them, but if all the fans ever did was say "we like this" "were not concerned with that" ets. and never raised criticisms, it would be an injustice to Polyphony because without knowing what the fans want it's harder for them to provide it. You have to be reasonable with criticism of course, saying I hate GT Sport because it didn't feature 10,000 cars and 1000 tracks is not reasonable, but objective, reasonable criticism is just as valid as objective, reasonable praise.

I do think it's sensible to try not to get caught up in too much hpye or concern before a game has come out, it's certainly wise to reserve judgment until you have experienced it for yourself, but at the same time, this is a fan forum so things are going to discussed in detail, especially while news is slow.
Yeah, I’m ok with people voice their concern about the game. But I think people let their emotions get the best of out them When the game is not out yet, and I admit I did samething after crossgen issue pop up even tho I’m not sure is true or not from the information we had so far. What I learn one thing people shouldn’t let their expectations run their course when the game not match with they wants in their head. I don’t like speculate the information is that true or not just base on something not confirm by officials people’s that work on the game. I’m try hold out my opinions until I get clear full picture.

I mean it's just natural. This is a forum for a hugely popular video game series and for over a year the only clear, 100% factual information we have to discuss about the newest entry is a short trailer a year ago and very few titbits of info in interviews. It's only natural that discussions are going to be 99% opinionated and speculative, with a healthy dose of guesswork and optimism from some, pessimism from others. It's just what happens when you have to make up your own discussion about a topic.

We've now had the PS4 "bombshell" news, but that's still not 100% cast iron confirmed and even if it was, we're still left with little of fact to talk about until PD/Sony actually discuss and/or show more of the actual game.

The only other option is mods close the forum until there is something to talk about, and that's not going to happen (nor should it, of course).

Alan boiston in this clip explains exactly the concerns as you and and many others have as well i feel

Last edited:
For me, all this waiting by Polyphony only shows how little competition GT has from similar competitors in the genre. Forza is laughable and that's pretty much it. The other ones are extremely enthusiast simulators (ACC, rFactor) or racing arcades for kids (PC3, Horizon, NFS, DC).

Why do people always bring up kids when they mention arcade games?.

Its basically the outdated and misguided mentality that if its not realistic or a sim, its "For kids", which totally ignores the actual reality (the one that for some reason its super popular to ignore nowadays) that there are actual adults who don't care for ultra realism 24/7 and just want to have fun.

Honestly i think more Since Sport and 7 run on the same engine This game could have been in development since 2014-15

Actually this. It may have even been first targeted to come out instead of GT Sport but then they might have realized it won't be finished in time and with everything they wanted, so they release some sort of trimmed down version of the game and called it GT Sport while taking time to build a 'real' Gran Turismo game. I think it still will turn out to be a great looking and great feeling game, but i fear when it will come out we will say "nice and all, but could've been better if..."

For me, all this waiting by Polyphony only shows how little competition GT has from similar competitors in the genre. Forza is laughable and that's pretty much it. The other ones are extremely enthusiast simulators (ACC, rFactor) or racing arcades for kids (PC3, Horizon, NFS, DC).
"Gt doesn't have competition because I don't like other games."

Edit: can you give me a free 1 year premium, I'd love to change my name (I have no Paypal).
Looks like you're out of luck then.

"Gt doesn't have competition because I don't like other games."
He's kind of right.

GT's online play traffic exceeds online only competition. Largely due to single entity worldwide distribution.

If you speak English/live in the US or Europe, iRacing, rFactor, Forza sound like big deals. If not, you get a locally distributed version. Most who play other games outside the US start/started with GT because of single player mode and language support.

Last count, Earth had 7.8 billion inhabitants only about 1.35 billion speak English.

He's kind of right.

GT's online play traffic exceeds online only competition. Largely due to single entity worldwide distribution.

If you speak English/live in the US or Europe, iRacing, rFactor, Forza sound like big deals. If not, you get a locally distributed version. Most who play other games outside the US start/started with GT because of single player mode and language support.

Last count, Earth had 7.8 billion inhabitants only about 1.35 billion speak English.
I see any racing game that is pulling me away from something towards something else as competition within the Genre. All of the games listed are competition, even more so now that GT is going back towards a traditional route. English or not, US or not. Not liking the physics of other games, or how they look, does not invalidate that.

Last edited:
GT 7 threads are unreadable.

Luckily I can just stick to reading Famine's articles and avoid the comments section.
True, all these treads are just full of pessimism, and generally unfun to read. The only time its nice to read these threads is when someone finds and mentions cools new details about GT7 which is not often but cool nonetheless, apart from that it's just a bunch of avatars bickering and arguing.

He's kind of right.

giphy.gif

True, all these treads are just full of pessimism, and generally unfun to read. The only time its nice to read these threads is when someone finds and mentions cools new details about GT7 which is not often but cool nonetheless, apart from that it's just a bunch of avatars bickering and arguing.

That's why I went off this site for a over a year, best I stay off.

View attachment 1017308

If we keep the same energy for both games technically Forza is being held back by weaker hardware.

But I understand the trend is to dump on PD right now so whatever

Forza was always expected to release at minimum on Xbox Series and PC, so there was never any question of it being purely tuned as a showcase for a specific console. And arguably it's the consoles holding the game back from what could be done with a monster PC, so it gets a bit muddy.

If GT had been releasing on old hardware or PC for the last five years, then nobody would have blinked at them releasing on PS4.

And this is without even getting into that Microsoft and Sony are vastly different companies with significantly different approaches to how they're trying to capture a market.

On Crash Damage:

"Given the time and expense they go to to make sure even the smallest details are accurate, you can understand why crash damage is such a massive undertaking. (Consider that there isn't a lot of data about crashing a Ferrari 599 at 150mph. How would you find out what the fender does, without crashing one?)

Accurate damage simulation is Yamauchi's dream."​

Right, that's why the crash damage in GT5 was so amazing and revolutionary for it's time.

People sure do get tunnel vision when talking about Kaz's perfectionism.

It is indeed strange. I'm scratching my head reading some of the comments ITT. I do understand the frustration by the lack of information about the game but we already know PD, they won't disclose any unless they are ready to show it to the public. I kinda like that PD is becoming the underdog tbh.

They're not the underdog, they have access to resources that most racing devs could only dream of. Expectations from the public seem pretty low though, which isn't exactly a good thing. Expectations like that exist for a reason. Usually because the company has a history of choking.

Right, that's why the crash damage in GT5 was so amazing and revolutionary for it's time.

People sure do get tunnel vision when talking about Kaz's perfectionism.
To be fair, it was only in GT5 and the result was far from ideal, so it was changed in GT6, which visually wasn't ideal either, but better than what was possible in GT5

It was revolutionary, but not for the better reasons

Revolutionary, as far as a Gran Turismo game? I don't know.

What we got in the trailer and what was in game were completely different. I don't think a door ever opened on a car when I crashed. That would have been revolutionary for Gran Turismo.

For some reason, in GTS, manufacturers are okay with headlight and taillight breakages. Wheel rash(pretty cool though), loss of paint, scrapes and scratches.

One game(GT5), but it's Gran Turismo. I guess since Kaz will never get data from an Enzo smashing into a wall at 150mph, we'll have to look for extensive damage elsewhere.

Back