Gran Turismo 7's New Deep Forest Layout Revealed in 4K Cockpit Video

• Thread starter Famine
  • 407 comments
That they didn't really try to do any such thing, because that isn't actually possible, and has never been. That is not even "my" take either, but the take. Halo, funny enough, is a great example of this as well.

Your description matches exactly with what you quoted. We are in complete agreement there. You probably don't agree with the reasoning behind it though, but let me try all the same: gamers do not simply claim to expect PD to perfectly recreate every single car that has ever appeared in the series, but also claim that this is incredibly easy to do and that any derivation is a "clear" sign of laziness. The last, what, 12 years of screaming about PD being scammers or whatever is clear proof of this.
So what were they trying to do releasing an online focused eSports title then? Do enlighten me. If they didn't expect they could convert all those people, why didn't they include full offline modes from the start, if they knew most people wanted that and wouldn't budge to online?

Again, because of what I've said: PD were deliberately trying to put those people to the side. "Burn it to the ground", "the next generation of Gran Turismo", etc. I will also add that they felt this was acceptable because they were treating the game as something they could potentially expand into a "full" GT7 if necessary; as recently revealed, Sport is internally referred to as "GT7SP".

Again, because of what I've said: PD were deliberately trying to put those people to the side. "Burn it to the ground", "the next generation of Gran Turismo", etc. I will also add that they felt this was acceptable because they were treating the game as something they could potentially expand into a "full" GT7 if necessary; as recently revealed, Sport is internally referred to as "GT7SP".
So they wanted to put the vast majority of their playerbase to the side and make a game they knew would only cater to a small minority, but maybe try and bring the majority back with later updates? Doesn't sound like a good business plan to me.

Kaz wasn’t targeting a different group of people. He even said players didn’t warm up to Sport. Hence the low reception at the start of sales. The whole GT Academy thing included all GT players. It was based on time trials in the beginn8ng. People didn’t even need a game, just a PlayStation. Plus, GT Sport reads driving is for everyone(well, everyone 7-77). That doesn’t seem to be targeting a different group.

What PD did was guide people to competitive online racing. Players were already using the Lobby function. I don’t know and don’t have the numbers, but maybe PD used the data from that online feature to believe that was enough to focus on Sport Mode.

Kaz wasn’t targeting a different group of people. He even said players didn’t warm up to Sport. Hence the low reception at the start of sales. The whole GT Academy thing included all GT players. It was based on time trials in the beginn8ng. People didn’t even need a game, just a PlayStation. Plus, GT Sport reads driving is for everyone(well, everyone 7-77). That doesn’t seem to be targeting a different group.

What PD did was guide people to competitive online racing. Players were already using the Lobby function. I don’t know and don’t have the numbers, but maybe PD used the data from that online feature to believe that was enough to focus on Sport Mode.
I enjoyed sport mode while I did it, it kinda got me back into online racing, because I use to take mainly productions cars and just test drive them and do the offline mode. Doing sport mode actually got me into race cars Gt3 GT4 etc, I went from hating them and not understand why people wanted them vs praying we get all the updated gr3 and gr4 cars in GT7. I will also admit playing GT sport actually made get AC and ACC.

To add, PD also gave us the Seasonals. That’s another way to introduce the offline community to competitive racing. Sure, the LAN function predated this, but to be a solo player and jump in that Seasonal to see where any one player fits, gave a taste of what competition is like. Still, same players, not targeting a different group.

Agreed. Wtf has happened to the last sector. Deep forest was my favourite track and i've really missed it in gt sport. One of the best bits was being able to tack the last corner flat out(on the right line) in the elise race car! This new layout makes it a completely different track. Dont get me wrong, it's a decent track but its not the same

Yip. It doesn't feel the same but they are both fictional tracks. Tracks like suzuka and laguna seca feel are quality. I do like the driving physics and at the end of the day its a driving simulator not a racing game

They changed the aesthetic feel of Trial mountain and some of the details, but the flow of it seems to be almost identical to the old track - it still feels like Trial Mountain.

With Deep Forest, they changed the flow to the point where the track that doesn't really feel like the old one. It's not a bad circuit, but it's not really Deep Forest to me.

In both cases the tracks feel quite a bit less claustrophobic than the original versions and I think it kind of ruins the atmosphere of DF.
I actually don't care about the new hairpin as much as some others, it's this part that got tweaked (scenery & elevation change) beyond recognition that kind of ruins it for me:

S2.JPG

Last edited:
I kinda miss the old layout where, with the right car with the right amount of downforce, you could blast the final corner flat-out. Now the track just does it for you :lol:

I kinda miss the old layout where, with the right car with the right amount of downforce, you could blast the final corner flat-out. Now the track just does it for you :lol:
That corner reminds me a lot of the last corner at Sugo, just opposite hand.

They ruined both Deep Forest, AND Trial Mountain. Everyone loved and knew those track like the back of their hand. They are unrecognizable now. Unbelievable

I prefer new Trial Mountain. The climb to first tunnel and last chicane are the only things better in old one. Deep Forest actually lost the flow with hairpin and trackside is boring but last section is actually very intense. Yes old one is better.

Back