Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives July 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 395 comments
Well then you have Sport to work your way up in too. Countless hours of fun
Sport mode uses a very limited selection of cars under BOP on a very limited selection of tracks. Not my idea of fun (or as you put it "spent much time with each car, tuning it, racing it, and learning its history").

I'm not asking PD to create new content because it's clear to see they're not interested. I just want them to make all the content that's already available in the game equally viable in terms of progression (i.e. credit payout).

In most racing games, once I'm done with the structured events, I usually end up trying to set as fast a lap around the Nordschleife as I can with every single car (actually countless hours of fun). In other games, I would have enough credits either from the completed career mode or just from lapping the Ring to buy and tune every car available without pausing to grind something else. In GT7, doing the same is not even close to sustainable.

Last edited:
Of the 427 cars that GT7 launched with, 168 had been in GT Sport on day one - some much earlier than that in the GT Sport Beta. Players have therefore had four years and nine months (well, less a week, or add on seven months for the Beta cars) to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of these vehicles.

From those 168 cars, the history of 66 of them was "we just made it up for the game" - as variants of existing VGT cars (the history of the LM55 is definitely something you can learn, the history of the LM55 Gr.1 is the exact same thing - it just has "Gr.1" on the name now), or fictional Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.B, and Gr.3/B Road Cars.

Over the four years and four months and three weeks, PD added a further 169 cars to the game, at an average rate of 3.2 cars per month. That allows players an average of over a week to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of each car. However the last of these cars came in July 2021.

GT7 launched with an additional 90 cars and has since gained another six. 39 of these cars are from previous GT games, and seven are "we just made it up for the game" variants of existing VGT cars, fictional Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, and one badge clone whose history is tied up in that of another car in the game.

That means that anyone who has played through the GT series has had 44 new cars to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of, over the past four months and four days - or around 2.8 entire days with each car.

Anyone who thinks it's impossible to have experienced every car GT7 has to offer - while simultaneously decrying people who want to have every available engine swap in order to experience the 25 additional vehicles - is so delusional they probably still think homosexual slurs are appropriate behaviour in 2022.

Edit: Oh well. No value lost there.

Last edited:
Never really understood why people are so intently bothered how other people play the game. Never done an AFK script myself (just can't get remote play working on my laptop) but did grind out Tokyo, ticket glitch etc as I do like collecting cars, having duplicates making liveries etc. If sport mode is your thing, great. But for some of us the singleplayer aspect is where it is, I have had some good races on sport but I don't go out my way to use it.

Now, what do they give you for getting in the top 10 or 20? See thousanda of people will be taking part in the Time trial events.

Top 10 or anyone who is not rank 1 (assuming) gets 2 million.

The top 1 player probably gets a bigger prize but we don't know about it... Can someone confirm this?

Top 10 don't get any additional prize money in any event (except Nations/Man cup). Sucks really. Surely all events should have a graduated payout for the Top 10.

Even if you are fastest in the world in the Mission challenges, you get no additional prize money. Seems wrong.

Rush? Game has been out for four months. Most people do not play one game for that long, there are plenty of others out there to play and only limited time in life. They want to get everything out of each game in a reasonable amount of time.
i mean there are games that are specifically designed to last the average player way more than 4 months. like there are cars/missions in GT7 i dont see my self buying or beating this year, because i'd like there to be stuff for me to do at least a year after it dropped. plenty of past gran turismo games lasted me years.

i mean there are games that are specifically designed to last the average player way more than 4 months. like there are cars/missions in GT7 i dont see my self buying or beating this year, because i'd like there to be stuff for me to do at least a year after it dropped. plenty of past gran turismo games lasted me years.
But that is exactly the problem. There ISN'T currently enough unique content in GT7 to last that long unless you're only doing one race a week to drag it out. In which case any game can last years if you intentionally don't play it.

GT4 had 250hrs+ of driving content, GT7 barely has half that.

Last edited:
About time that guy got kicked.

This game desperately needs more content. It seems like PD wants to make this game as long as possible with maximum profit but they don't really think about the players that much. It's a huge mistake to make this game a live service IMO.

Of the 427 cars that GT7 launched with, 168 had been in GT Sport on day one - some much earlier than that in the GT Sport Beta. Players have therefore had four years and nine months (well, less a week, or add on seven months for the Beta cars) to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of these vehicles.

From those 168 cars, the history of 66 of them was "we just made it up for the game" - as variants of existing VGT cars (the history of the LM55 is definitely something you can learn, the history of the LM55 Gr.1 is the exact same thing - it just has "Gr.1" on the name now), or fictional Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.B, and Gr.3/B Road Cars.

Over the four years and four months and three weeks, PD added a further 169 cars to the game, at an average rate of 3.2 cars per month. That allows players an average of over a week to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of each car. However the last of these cars came in July 2021.

GT7 launched with an additional 90 cars and has since gained another six. 39 of these cars are from previous GT games, and seven are "we just made it up for the game" variants of existing VGT cars, fictional Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, and one badge clone whose history is tied up in that of another car in the game.

That means that anyone who has played through the GT series has had 44 new cars to race, tune, experience, and learn the history of, over the past four months and four days - or around 2.8 entire days with each car.

Anyone who thinks it's impossible to have experienced every car GT7 has to offer - while simultaneously decrying people who want to have every available engine swap in order to experience the 25 additional vehicles - is so delusional they probably still think homosexual slurs are appropriate behaviour in 2022.

Finally someone other than me telling things how they should be told about the 430+ cars GT7 has.

And by the way, dunno if I have ever quoted you, or at least quoted a text as large as this, but jesus your bold purple font on a pure black background makes my eyes bleed. It's perfectly fine on the normal posts where the background is much less darker though.

It seems like PD wants to make this game as long as possible with maximum profit but they don't really think about the players that much.
Honestly, my first impression has been that it's a game made by a lazy developer who've lost interest and passion for the game they're making. Every element screams low effort and little thought. They haven't done much in the weeks and months since release to really change that impression. Driving itself's really fun though, it's amazing how much that alone has managed to keep me coming back despite all the flaws.

Last edited:
I think there's definitely room for improvement. Part of me thinks they went the "film" route.

As in, they made the game to push towards a newer, younger audience. It pains me to say that, but that's the vibe I'm getting off of it.

I still like GT7, flaws and all, and if they continue adding cars from GT's past, like the Castrol NSX, Corvette C5.R, or the R390, and tracks like Midfield, Apricot Hill, and Red Rock Valley, I'd count that as a baby step in the right direction.

Honestly, my first impression has been that it's a game made by a lazy developer who've lost interest and passion for the game they're making. Every element screams low effort and little thought. They haven't done much in the weeks and months since release to really change that impression. Driving itself's really fun though, it's amazing how much that alone has managed to keep me coming back despite all the flaws.
Yeah, they're definitely lazy too.

When the 3 Kei car, VGT and Group 1 races showed up I was reminded of the classic GT mode. It brought back a lot of happy memories so more events need to be added for more cars! This week's 500PP Daily Race demonstrated just how much fun it is to use your own car and I want to do more of that.

But that is exactly the problem. There ISN'T currently enough unique content in GT7 to last that long unless you're only doing one race a week to drag it out. In which case any game can last years if you intentionally don't play it.

GT4 had 250hrs+ of driving content, GT7 barely has half that.
i mean i'm telling you that my playstyle is one that will have me completing all of the single player content currently available at a pace that'll make that content last me at least a year, especially because i play a lot of other games and i'm not actively trying to complete it all as fast as possible. the majority of people playing GT7 will never get to a point where they're actually "out of content" because most people aren't trying to beeline to that spot like its a narrative-based single player game. this is a forum with a lot of highly skilled enthusiast racing game players, and i get that those players will complete the single player stuff before the majority of other players, but the game is definitely designed for a wider audience in a way that means that most people won't even be able to get to the point where they can genuinely say they've gotten halfway close to completing all the SP stuff.

i would love more content, i'd love the payouts to be better, especially for sport mode. but i'm not the kind of person to play a game like this in a way that'll have me feeling like theres nothing left to do just four months after it dropped, and it's a fact that the great majority of people are in a similar position.

Last edited:
i mean i'm telling you that my playstyle is one that will have me completing all of the single player content currently available at a pace that'll make that content last me at least a year, especially because i play a lot of other games and i'm not actively trying to complete it all as fast as possible. the majority of people playing GT7 will never get to a point where they're actually "out of content" because most people aren't trying to beeline to that spot like its a narrative-based single player game. this is a forum with a lot of highly skilled enthusiast racing game players, and i get that those players will complete the single player stuff before the majority of other players, but the game is definitely designed for a wider audience in a way that means that most people won't even be able to get to the point where they can genuinely say they've gotten halfway close to completing all the SP stuff.

i would love more content, i'd love the payouts to be better, especially for sport mode. but i'm not the kind of person to play a game like this in a way that'll have me feeling like theres nothing left to do just four months after it dropped, and it's a fact that the great majority of people are in a similar position.
Most people do not finish ANY games. Whether they're designed to last 10 hours or 1000, the trophy data for completing the game will always be surprisingly small. They're not really relevant to the hardcore fanbase, which is what you get here.

Your original claim was that some games are designed to last for months or years, and that GT7 is one of them. It's not, not in the sense that the content is already there like the old games.

What exists currently will last a dedicated player a few weeks, unless like you they specifically don't play very much. But that's a rather pointless stat. You could make a single packet of pasta last for 3 years if you only have one piece every few weeks.

No, PD are trying to make this game last for years by drip feeding a little content each month in the hope people keep playing. I doubt it's gonna work. People will come and go from the game just like GT Sport, which saw overall player numbers steadily increase but monthly player numbers were pretty flat, because people stopped playing and moved on, they didn't keep coming back at each content release.

GT7 will probably have enough content to last a dedicated player a few weeks or months in about 18 months, but it doesn't now.

Last edited:
I hope PD puts a trophy for winning a race with every GT7 car, then we can be able to understand better, how many 420+ cars actually are ;)

Last edited:
Most people do not finish ANY games. Whether they're designed to last 10 hours or 1000, the trophy data for completing the game will always be surprisingly small. They're not really relevant to the hardcore fanbase, which is what you get here.

Your original claim was that some games are designed to last for months or years, and that GT7 is one of them. It's not, not in the sense that the content is already there like the old games.

What exists currently will last a dedicated player a few weeks, unless like you they specifically don't play very much. But that's a rather pointless stat. You could make a single packet of pasta last for 3 years if you only have one piece every few weeks.

No, PD are trying to make this game last for years by drip feeding a little content each month in the hope people keep playing. I doubt it's gonna work. People will come and go from the game just like GT Sport, which saw overall player numbers steadily increase but monthly player numbers were pretty flat, because people stopped playing and moved on, they didn't keep coming back at each content release.

GT7 will probably have enough content to last a dedicated player a few weeks or months in about 18 months, but it doesn't now.
you're acting like i'm saying something false when all i've said is that there needs to be more stuff to do and better payouts, and that a lack of content is relative to how invested/skilled you are at the game and intent you are on completing said content. i'm not interested in raging over a videogame alongside you or anyone else.

Last edited:
I see "VolusiaF30" has made his way over to the livery editor threads and pooped on all my entries because i pooped on every poop comment he has posted here,
33193265_578464695859018_6171105690606632960_n.jpg

Bla Bla Bla...The Game is Empty of (offline)Content!
Very dissapointed with PD.
No GT League, Not enough Events...

your bold purple font on a pure black background makes my eyes bleed. It's perfectly fine on the normal posts where the background is much less darker though.
It's indigo... but also it's lilac on the dark background. The site automatically adjusts font colours in Dark Mode, and the same thing applies to your posts which are green in Light Mode and paisley in Dark Mode.

Light Mode:

1657282430305.png

1657282495004.png

Dark Mode:
1657282276897.png

1657282335060.png

Last edited:
you're acting like i'm saying something false when all i've said is that there needs to be more stuff to do and better payouts, and that a lack of content is relative to how invested/skilled you are at the game and intent you are on completing said content. i'm not interested in raging over a videogame alongside you or anyone else.
You implied that Gran Turismo 7 was designed to last a long time, I just explained how that isn't really true. Nobody is raging, I'm just casually typing stuff on a video game forum.

Is it just me but since the last update are the AI cars slowing down in the latter part of the Custom Races, or have they always done that. If so why the hell would PD do that?

Is it just me but since the last update are the AI cars slowing down in the latter part of the Custom Races, or have they always done that. If so why the hell would PD do that?
So you can have a bit of a fight with the AI but still win in the end and get full payout.

Latest Posts

Back