Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming This Week: Escudo Pikes Peak Returns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 1,621 comments
  • 213,110 views
I guess we won't get a new track, or at least not the one planned. The Toyota event planned for July 3rd is now SF19 @ Nürburgring and the GR Yaris race @ TBA has been moved to August 28th.
The Toyota event on 3rd July was always SF19 at Nurb GP. That hasn't changed.
 
Surprised there has been no maintenance notice as we typically get the notice 24 hours in advance of the update
I guess that means the update is still more than 24hrs away then
 
The Toyota event on 3rd July was always SF19 at Nurb GP. That hasn't changed.
Yeah it's just that the Honda SuperFormula is also available for that race now
 
Then somebody else was wrong saying we got a TBA track for the Toyota race in early July :confused:
 
No, I guess I don't really care because it works for me. 476 cars and counting.
So finally, no, you didn’t even understand what you were talking about but it didn’t stop you spouting off across multiple posts anyway... That’s just so...American.

Mind if I have a go?

I don’t use lobbies so I don’t really care if they’re crap and other people are upset because LOL, it just cracks me up.

I don’t care about online and all the people getting frustrated about penalties and lagging and whatever, because I don’t use it and, LOL, it just cracks me up.

Am I doing this right?...
 
Pikes Peak is tarmac now so should feel ok. Would be cool to have the old dirt version as well. As bad as the dirt tracks feel I think if PD put effort into it they could make it much better but that's beyond wishful thinking.
Good to know cause dirt tracks are pretty much undrivable with a wheel (to me and many others at least).

Besides Penalty fixes and better FFB for wheels i hope they add a 24h event for the nordschleife,similar to spa.1 hour with a decent(!) payout.
 
I think we get tomorrow update as 7 April announcement of that update was late
 
Last edited:
Where did you see this? There isn’t anything on the GT website yet!
Its scheduled for this week. Saturday and Sunday they are not working and because they announce maintenance 24hours before, only day left is friday.
 
You could say that but I think it has even more to do with maximizing profits. Using the playerbase as beta testers is cheaper than having paid enployees do the testing and/or hire sone esports drivers to test more etc. This is also why there is so much push to the microtransactions these days. And these days with games being so much online, you can fix the games afterwards. Sad but true. And then also slap some good marketing and hyping before the release date, and the games sales go through the roof.

In PS2 days though, the game had to be good from the start to be succesful.
Whatever was on the cover and the description on the back, was enough for me. I didn’t have a personal computer until 2004... and I worked for NY Telephone/NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/Verizon. :lol:
I got my info from magazines back then. If it was something that caught my eye like Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid and car games, I just bought them(oh that Ford Racing game, bad purchase 👎).
Then somebody else was wrong saying we got a TBA track for the Toyota race in early July :confused:
It does have changes made.
 
Thursday mornings i assume,as the last few have been on thursdays.Having said that the april one came on a monday.
 
Since in Japan the week starts on Sunday I have this little feeling that the update won't be this week.

Kaz tweeted ''Update is coming next week.'' on June 19th which was a sunday... I hope I'm wrong lol

EDIT: I was very wrong and that's very good lol
 
Last edited:
I didn't expect that track to be added tbh :dopey:
 
The following 3 Extra Menus have been added:

  • Toyota 86 Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Honda Type R Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Rotary Engine Collection: Opens at Collector Level 32
 
The following 3 Extra Menus have been added:

  • Toyota 86 Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Honda Type R Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Rotary Engine Collection: Opens at Collector Level 32
So 9 new cars to get from menus.
 
Extra menus look good,not so fussed about watkins glen or the vgt and roadster,but all good for me.Like i said in my earlier post,the Escudo is more of a curiosity for me but all content added is great.Im still hoping for some classic tracks like grand valley or apricot hill at some point. 👍
 
Back