Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming This Week: Escudo Pikes Peak Returns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 1,621 comments
  • 213,184 views
On paper at least, a pleasing update if the trend is anything to go by.

Of course I'd want more, plus the Formula Championship and the JGTC/GT500 and takes on other real world events like the DTM but if we're not getting that I'll take 3 x Menus (potentially 9 races), A new track with 3 x New Events plus circuit experience etc.

It could be worse.

Disappointed 2 of the DLC cars are potentially going to replace 3 of todays "sold out" cars in the LCD meaning the existing, albeit jumbled, rotation will see the F40, Pennzoil and R92CP drop further back.
 
Last edited:

Patch notes.
Can’t play it the update servers are down till 9.am here
 
After they add such things like pedal adjustments, I hope they don't breake other important things!
 
Last edited:
This is the fourth time I’m trying to load the game. Ever boots up first time. I have to jump out to another game And switc( back to GT7. Every damn time. Just as I’m typing this…Finally!
 
You can still play. Just not Sport Mode. Remember, you can use your garage cars in Time Trial. I’m doing that right now. Alfa 155 at night.
 
jpl
Well I've just downloaded and installed the 2GB update and it now says the game must be updated (it is) and the network is not available. More GT7 problems? Expecting another outage?
NOW GOT A SERVER MAINTENANCE NOTE ON THE 4TH TIME OF LOADING. OUTAGE 0700-0900 BST
Chill mate, it says that every time the servers are down during an update.
Enjoy arcade offline till its back.
 
You can still play. Just not Sport Mode. Remember, you can use your garage cars in Time Trial. I’m doing that right now. Alfa 155 at night.
Do you feel any changes from the physics/graphics/etc ?
 
Curious to see how these new menus work since the patch notes imply no additional Events related to them...? Are they literally just "collect cars, clear menu"?
 
Oh, we'll be getting the Roadster and the Escudo tomorrow. Bummer, woke up early for no reason.
 
You can now change lobby settings once the lobby is open....

Thank **** for that! (Although this never should have been an issue in the first place, no excuse PD)

Let's just hope they have sorted the horrendous lag in lobbies and maybe they are usable now...
 
3 new races?

That's not all they can manage in a month. What the hell are they doing? That's one area this game is severely lacking, and likely the easiest to fix.
 
I think horns are tied to engines, I just tried my drift LS (normally in a race car) swapped Silvia Q’s and it made no noise, switched to a stock Q’s and it could honk.
 
Do you feel any changes from the physics/graphics/etc ?
I use the DS4. I can however, compare track feel from PC2. Gran Turismo is too smooth. Always too smooth. I was on the pace Even in the dark conditions. It’s missing the bumpiness.
 
Hope they've made further improvements to correcting oversteer/fishtailing.
Also being able to pan the camera is nice but my T300 only has a D pad lol. So I guess it will hard swap to left and right views instead. I wonder if I can also connect my dualsense and use that as a button box
 
The update somehow corrupted my saved data.
(depending on your browser the thumbnail may be upside down, video should be fine though).
The error code is CE-32947-5 and what I could find online was to delete the notification and retry, or something about regions which doesn't apply to me, it didn't work. Should I just delete and redownload the game? I have no idea how saved data corruption is possible for a game that only saves data online.
 
1818f5d27ab81-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_423927703894998_1655967593339.jpg
The layouts
 
I'm time trialling offline on the Glen now, it's beautiful, has 6am and night presets (possibly a full day/night cycle) and most shockingly....
THE CHASE CAMERA NOW ROTATES 360 DEGREES!
 
only 3 events and all of them for new track is extremely dissapointing... I wonder what take them so long for adding more of them?
And 3 new menu books have another 9 events, I think.
 
What is actually stopping PD from adding the Escudo and the Roadster to the LCD like...now?
They are probably slotting them in for two of the sold out cars, so they are sticking with the LCD schedule.
Which is terrible, because I don't want these two cars.
 
Back