Gran Turismo Announces Partnership With Dior, Adds Special Race Gear and Car to GT7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 128 comments
Hello. I don't understand why every initiative of PD is criticized. GT7 definitely has flaws but it's a game, I like it a lot, I have almost 200 cars and I have platinum plated it, I don't really see all these big flaws.

Last edited:
What the hell has Dior got to do with a racing game especially GT. Please ppl do not buy this crap car when it comes out. We want more cars we can drive not Dior drip

I always wondered about wrist watch sponsors. Who looks at their wrist racing? Aren't they promoting distracted driving. :lol:

If you want to get me on the hook as a consumer throwing money at luxury goods, you're going to have to do a lot better than painting some random car a weird color and deciding that the number "47" should make me wet my pants with desire.

I prefer my crass consumerism to look more like Supreme. At least with Supreme, you could slap their logo on a toilet plunger and anyone would get the joke that you're trying to get money down the toilet.

I always wondered about wrist watch sponsors. Who looks at their wrist racing? Aren't they promoting distracted driving. :lol:
These days, pretty much nobody.

Historically, a surprising number of them it even lead to so interesting designs.

However thev link comes not only from the driver wearing them, but from the need to time laps, stages, events, etc.

Watch companies, or more accurately companies that make timing instruments have a direct tie to the sport.

Last edited:
Hmmm, lose events and support from the FIA...gain "involvement" with a fashion house.

It's safe to say this is an upgrade. :dunce:

Hmmm, lose events and support from the FIA...gain "involvement" with a fashion house.

It's safe to say this is an upgrade. :dunce:
Completely unrelated matters. With FIA backing being little more than a seal of approval and of no major consequence.

If esports are to be a thing there needs to be commercial backing and more eyes on the sport. Not just from automotive brands, but wider sponsorship. You could even say the same thing for Gran Turismo as a single-player title. Everything is built upon licenses for cars, tracks, series, sponsors.

In an ideal world you’d not just be paying out for these licenses. You’d have partners coming to PD & Sony wanting to be associated and putting money in. No different to real world motorsport.

alreadygotone-monty.gif

Hmm ...

You can do lots of stuff with precise watches. You are not used to it anymore, as there are more modern utilities. It's the same with piloting and diving - today it is more of a luxury statement - but some hacks still work today. But I drove some Oldtimer races 20 years ago - and there everyone had at least two, some even three watches.

I also don't mind sponsorship at all - but I see points in the game, that need at least the same amount of awareness.

BR K

Michelin, Hagerty, Tomica and Dior. I wonder what PD gets paid for these things, because the majority of this “content” seems to benefit these other companies way more than it benefits Gran Turismo. At this rate the game will turn into an advertizing billboard for pretty much anything. :indiff:

Michelin, Hagerty, Tomica and Dior. I wonder what PD gets paid for these things, because the majority of this “content” seems to benefit these other companies way more than it benefits Gran Turismo. At this rate the game will turn into an advertizing billboard for pretty much anything. :indiff:
Toyota. Don't forget Toyota. ;)

Sponsorship is hardly a new concept in motorsport. It’s what turned the sport from amateurs having fun into the professional era.

If esports is going to have a viable future. It needs to be funded by partners attracted by the profile of the series. The likes of Sony aren’t going to fund it indefinitely if there isn’t a wider audience.

Sponsorship is hardly a new concept in motorsport. It’s what turned the sport from amateurs having fun into the professional era.

If esports is going to have a viable future. It needs to be funded by partners attracted by the profile of the series. The likes of Sony aren’t going to fund it indefinitely if there isn’t a wider audience.

Nothing I said suggests or implies that sponsorships are something new in motorsports… Curious comparison to make for a game that isn’t even marketed as an e-sport title.

These partnerships are PD trying to compensate for the fact they don’t earn any direct income from releasing post-release content, unlike many other game developers. So instead they offer advertizing space for companies wanting our attention and money too.

Last edited:
Can't really see how any of this could be relevant for us GT7 players.

The livery looks cool, though.

Last edited:
Can't really see how any of this could be relevant for us GT7 players.

The livery looks cool, though.
Maybe relevant in bringing class to the series. I mean, Kaz wears a blazer and AirOnes to the Pebble Beach events, but it’s not Donut Media, you know?
The series has gone from a man that used to street race and is now internationally known. He has museums in his game and wants to preserve the history of the automobile. He’s been in the company of the upper crust and I guess he Wants to bring some of that to his vision. I don’t know why he’s brought in Dior, but I’m only guessing.

Except there is no talk of this being anything to do with promoting the eSports side of the game. How could a livery and a suit do that? Are Dior going to start showing the races in their stores?

Last edited:
Boots, gloves and helmet visor are pretty much the only parts of the ensemble that can't be made through the normal livery editor options, from what I can tell... and as no-one else sees what you're wearing when you race, you could probably get away with just making a knock-off car and suit livery.

Hello. I don't understand why every initiative of PD is criticized. GT7 definitely has flaws but it's a game, I like it a lot, I have almost 200 cars and I have platinum plated it, I don't really see all these big flaws.
play 2 and/or 4 then go back to 7

play 2 and/or 4 then go back to 7
I played at 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6 - Sport and I put the 7 among the best 3, for graphics, physics improvement, GT Cafè. It is all the best of its predecessors in one game. This is my opinion. The only game that I have platinum and I enjoyed finishing it so much.

Back