Gran Turismo Announces Partnership With Dior, Adds Special Race Gear and Car to GT7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 128 comments
Next up: an Old Spice Race Track... turning cars into watermelons, to soap ,to a flock of birds and back; until you don´t even know where the tarmac is ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Except there is no talk of this being anything to do with promoting the eSports side of the game. How could a livery and a suit do that? Are Dior going to start showing the races in their stores?
It’s a commercial partnership that will put money into the coffers. Revealed at the GTWS and then promoted across Dior’s social media channels. These esports events will not continue unless they are commercially viable. Either by paying for themselves with additional game sales. Or sponsorship paying a significant amount of the costs.

In real world motorsport, aside from the obvious benefit of putting cars on track. The biggest uplift of manufacturer backing is using their products & platforms to promote such activities.

Last edited:
Custom racing outfits and custom liveries make this partnership.. worthless? I mean, I know it means money for the corporations but players could already make stuff like this in the game. In fact I've seen way better liveries out there than that 'official' one. Doesn't seem to add anything worth while to the game but if it makes the businessmen happy as they fly in their private jets and glad hand each other on their yachts.. yay I guess?

You'd think with all the money and design prowess at Dior and PD's disposal, they'd be able to make some special collaboration that doesn't look like doodoo.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo Announces Partnership With Dior, Adds Special Race Gear and Car to GT7

A surprising new collaboration has been announced at the GT World Series Showdown, with luxury and fashion brand Dior joining forces with Polyphony Digital on an unusual project...
So my sister went crazy after i sent her this, im currently playing GTS and is also considering an upgrade to GT7 on PS4, how can you get this item? Any special requirements?

So my sister went crazy after i sent her this, im currently playing GTS and is also considering an upgrade to GT7 on PS4, how can you get this item? Any special requirements?
You need to buy the car, in the "Legend Car Dealership".

Dior Creates a New Gran Turismo Collection, and You Can’t Buy It

Fashion house Dior has continued its association with Gran Turismo by creating a new collection of exclusive clothing items but — even if you’re fortunate enough to be able to afford them — they’re not for sale to the public...

Last edited:

Fashion house Dior has continued its association with Gran Turismo by creating a new collection of exclusive clothing items but — even if you’re fortunate enough to be able to afford them — they’re not for sale to the public...
yakuza.gif

Glad to see the Dior collaboration is going beyond the Mangusta and its special racing suit.

Last edited:
Or maybe I'm just too broke to understand luxury stuff XD
I'm barely understanding the excessive, exorbitant nature of Luxury cars (or even classic cars) so all this luxury fashion and clothing is both beyond my comprehension AND my price range :lol:

Or maybe I'm just too broke to understand luxury stuff XD
To add,… or maybe not fast enough(no shots fired at you because, that includes myself). If I were gifted those, I’d rock the shoes and hat once. Wouldn’t sell them. Just leave them as family heirlooms.

What is Dior's objective here? What is the end goal of this collaboration? To tell us how poor we are? No one associates the brand with gaming and gamers, so what's the point? People who play GT likely won't bother with Dior stuff, mainly because they can't afford it, and those who can afford it don't care about video games because they're too busy living the high life to care. A collaboration with a cat food brand like Whiskas makes more sense if you ask me, because many gamers own a cat. And I don't mean human-cat hybrids, like actual cats that crap in a box.

Last edited:
What is Dior's objective here? What is the end goal of this collaboration? To tell us how poor we are? No one associates the brand with gaming and gamers, so what's the point? People who play GT likely won't bother with Dior stuff, mainly because they can't afford it, and those who can afford it don't care about video games because they're too busy living the high life to care. A collaboration with a cat food brand like Whiskas makes more sense if you ask me, because many gamers own a cat. And I don't mean human-cat hybrids, like actual cats that crap in a box.
yeah,the overlap between gt audience and dior buyers seem non existent.
It's a bit odd

Glad to see the Dior collaboration is going beyond the Mangusta and its special racing suit.
Special racing suit?

Count me in if it has strategically placed zips ;)

Speak for yourself. I'm partial to brands like Belstaff, veja, Ralph Lauren etc ;)

But yes, does seem an odd collaboration tbh. Can only assume the Dior marketing department has done its home work, but hardly seems a prime demographic for such brands.

If anything, you'd expect designer labels to distance themselves from gaming, as may not be the the kind of thing fashion conscious sorts would want to have any association with, in general. But I suspect trendy socialites won't even be aware of this collaboration. I doubt there are gt7 posters up in Dior 'boutiques', but I coukd be wrong.

Last edited:
People who play GT likely won't bother with Dior stuff, mainly because they can't afford it, and those who can afford it don't care about video games because they're too busy living the high life to care
Just because some gamers are broke-ass basement dwellers, doesn't mean all are. A fella on a different forum I visit was playing GT7 soon after launch, having played 5 & 6 -- he'd not long changed his F12 for an 812SF. I've never asked him if he's interested in cat food.

Back