gran turismo for pc?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuM
  • 82 comments
  • 6,409 views
PhatFat
It would stink on PC, Ok it could have better physics and graphics, but even on high end systems a computer sometimes runs slow for a minute, and controllers never feel as well intergrated into the game.
No if you've got the right hardware there won't be any slowdowns and controllers? stuff them, you'd use a PC wheel which are basically the same as the Logitech one.

Anyway while a GT on PC would be great its a pipe dream and nothing more so get your PS2's revved up.
 
gt3freak_2001
No if you've got the right hardware there won't be any slowdowns and controllers? stuff them, you'd use a PC wheel which are basically the same as the Logitech one.

Anyway while a GT on PC would be great its a pipe dream and nothing more so get your PS2's revved up.

If GT4 came out on the PC, 90% of the machines wouldn't be able to run it!
 
Eh... I think alot of machines would be able to run it...the ps2 is getting old...well I would be able to run it and I would prefer it on the Ps2 still because its a bit more difficult to cheat on games on the ps2
 
Soman
Eh... I think alot of machines would be able to run it...the ps2 is getting old...well I would be able to run it and I would prefer it on the Ps2 still because its a bit more difficult to cheat on games on the ps2

Yes it's harder but they don't havet to make cheats into GT4 , that would suck.
 
Cheats dont have to be built in, it can be exploiting weakneses in the game...many cheats for FPS games is done by modifiying the driver routines on your PC to not display walls properly or making them transperent....
 
GT4 on a PC would take some seroius hardware, especially if it was to be played to current PC standards (res, framerate, tex.quality).
Seriously, the textures alone would probably kill any video card.
The increased res would be nice though (PS3?=improved res on PS2 games?, hmmmm)
PC would definitely have no problem with the poly's and modeling.
I've often wondered how a PC would run PS2 games.
 
^ Aswell as the fact that GT4 would be hard to run on PC....its would probably be improved graphically making it even more impossible to run if you didn't have the latest graphics card and a fast processor. The PS2 is built for gaming....its not linked to a pc + graphics card setup...so in essence it is more graphically powerful than any computer which is why when you buy a PS2 game...YOU KNOW ITS GONNA WORK!..you don't need to constantly keep upgrading :D ...the new graphics cards cost like 3 times as much as a whole ps2! :lol: :lol:
 
The PS2 is not superior to a PC for games, it may run better than some lower end PC's but any PC worth buying to play games on these days will play games equal to and above what we see on the PS2, X-Box and GC. I do agree that the advantage of a console is it' fixed spec, theres less hassle and thats why I have my PS2, I only really use my PC for FPS games which are far better than any consoles. Also as you and others have said, theres the cost factor as well, running a games PC is far more costly than ownning PS2 even though the PC will be capable of better sound, graphics control ect, is it worth an extra £600+ over the price of a PS2. IMO, the answer is no, although I still have a decent PC and will continue to buy a new better PC every year or so. Don't ask me why.
 
^ Its an expensive habit to keep! :lol:.......I still think that if you want a dedicated gaming device you can't go to wrong with a console...admitedly the PS2 is not the technical best out there but it still is designed to pump graphics...not type letters!.............thats what gaming is about......
 
if you want to know how a pc would run a ps2 game just try a game like mgs2:substance or NFSU
Plenty of multiplatform games to compare.
 
I've never heard of Bleem before I've always used a PSX emulator called ePSXe which works but it doesn't quite play GT1 or 2 quite right, the sound isn't quite right for one, I'll try Bleem out.

I agree PS2 is not superior for gaming as well as the other comments live4speed made. I have a racing sim called TOCA Race Driver 2 on my PC and the graphics, if not the gameplay, are superior to GT3 and I only have an average graphics card. It is coming out on the PS2 (it's already available on the XBox) and I'm thinking of buying it but I wonder about the graphics quality. I havn't seen GT prologue so I can't compare the two.
 
really think about it, on most multiplatform games, the developers have to remove gaphics features for the PS2, computers have come much further then most of you think, and good video cars are not all that expensive, in teh 100-150 range is some nce stuff, and for those who have bought a comptuer in the last couple years, most likekly have a good card with the computer, they are no longer just typing ad internet machines, too many of you do not realize how good modern computers are, they can play any game on the pS2, just as well if not better then the PS2 can.
 
Viper Zero
If Sony was ran by dumb people, the next GT game would be called: Grand Tourismo Foor: MiDnITE DRiFT D JDM edition.

I'm assuming that was a really bad joke... :grumpy:
 
DevilGTx
GT4 on a PC would take some seroius hardware, especially if it was to be played to current PC standards (res, framerate, tex.quality).
Seriously, the textures alone would probably kill any video card.
The increased res would be nice though (PS3?=improved res on PS2 games?, hmmmm)
PC would definitely have no problem with the poly's and modeling.
I've often wondered how a PC would run PS2 games.
You serious, jeez you don't know much about PC's. The PS2 is way inferior to the PC so most modern PC's would have no problems coping with gt's textures. The textures in GT3 and GT4P are actually quite low-res when viewed up close so the hardware of the Pc has nothing to do with why there isn't and probably won't be a GT on PC.
 
Who, me or him?
 
Personally I'm still constantly amazed that anyone actually thought to ask if the GT games will ever come to the PC... What on earth is wrong with people, why don't we go and ask Microsoft if they are going to make Forza for the PS2 as well? :dopey: :dunce:
 
Because they aren't going to answer :dunce: (thank you for the answer Cosmic...lol)
 
I love AUSTRAILA!!!!!!!!lol, y arent u posting ne thing in GT3 lately????
 
Back