Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

The Concept

Welcome to the GTP thread for the Gran Turismo Gentlemens Cup! A monthly touring car series for street cars converted into racers. Cars for this rotation will be rear wheel drive sports cars that hang around 550PP.

Find our club in GT6!
Group #: 1007109

Links below.

CARS: Post 2

Each race night will consist of a qualifying session, a qualifying sprint race, and a main endurance race.
*No times decided as of yet. Historically, we have run late on a Thursday night (past 11:00pm EST USA), and it is very likely that we will run at a similar time. There will also be a second night open for practice. Times will be decided on in the coming weeks.
  1. Room opens for practice/tuning at 11:30pm.
  2. Qualifying for race #1 begins at 11:45pm. The open session will last for 12 minutes (15 mins. for very long tracks like Le Sarthe or Nordschilefe).
  3. Qualifying Race starts immediately after qualifying. Race will be a 15* minute sprint, no mandatory pit stops. (*Length changed for the month of March)
  4. There will be a 10 minute break where you will be allowed to fine tune your vehicle if a driver so chooses.
  5. Main Race. Grid will be set by the finishing order of the Qualifying Race. Race will be 60 minutes in length. Race will have 1 mandatory pit stop that can be taken at any point in the 60 minutes.*
*Additional rule for the Main Race. If, for any reason, you leave the club lobby in between the Qualifying Race and the Main Race, then you WILL lose your starting spot for the main, and will have to start at the back.
Also, if you do miss the Qualifying Race, and are a group member, you will be allowed the race in the Main. Again, you will have to start from the rear.

Success Ballast

For Main Event results only:

1st - 80 kg
2nd - 60 kg
3rd - 40 kg

Ballast can stack up from race to race, up to 80 kg maximum.

After a driver receives a weight penalty, and in the following race finishes outside of the top 3 positions, that driver will lose 20 kg for the next week. Disconnects do not count. Once a driver gets down to 40 kg, the weight will go to 0.
Weight penalties will be applied for the entire race meeting. Finishing order in the Qualifying Race will NOT effect ballast.

Qualifying Race Points System
1st – 5 pts.
2nd – 4 pts.
3rd - 3 pts.
4th - 2 pts.
5th -16th – 1 pt.

Main Race Points System

1st – 16 pts.
2nd – 15 pts.
3rd – 14 pts.
4th – 13 pts.
5th – 12 pts.
6th – 11 pts.
7th – 10 pts.
8th – 9 pts.
9th - 8 pts.
10th - 7 pts.
11th - 6 pts.
12th - 5 pts.
13th - 4 pts.
14th - 3pts.
15th - 2 pts.
16th - 1 pt.

A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times. This certainly includes overtaking. But hey, we're all racers. We know that accidents can happen, even to the best racers. If you feel like you cut the track to make a pass, or rammed into someone to gain a position, you will be expected to give the position back. If you feel there was an incident that should be reviewed, let me know through a private massage with the lap number (and if you can provide the corner, that would also help), and the incident will be reviewed. Point penalties may result.

On Track Penalties
Certain tracks may have penalties on. In these cases, if you do go off track and a penalty does not go off (which can happen), then it is a legal move. If it is for a position, these situations can always be reviewed.

Lapped drivers, or drivers about to lose a lap to the leader are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible.

Those interested in joining should either reply to the thread or send me a PM with the following information:

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Car:
Car Number:

You may change your mind up until race day. You will be expected and required to race in the class that you have sign up for. There will be no switching of cars and classes mid season.

Team Sign Ups

There will be a Team Challenge to go along with the Driver's Championship! Teams must have a minimum of 2 drivers. All team members must race the same vehicle. Team points will be made up of the total of the two drivers' points collected from the night. This includes both the Qualifying and the Main Race.

To those interested in starting a team, please provide this following information in either a reply or a PM:

Team Name:
Team Car:
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

*Teams are not mandatory to compete in this series. Teams should be made with the consent of both drivers.

Signs ups for drivers & teams will be updated in post #3.

You may also send me a private message here on the site or send me an email at flip157gt5@yahoo(dot)com with your information.
Whatever brand and model you choose will be the car you must run for the entire series.
  • Slipstream set to real.
  • Grip reduction set to real.
  • Mechanical damage -- Heavy
  • ABS and driving line will be optional
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Last edited:
Car List

Below is our official car list with the required modifications that must be adhered to. Please have an oil change done on your car.
All cars MUST have a number plate added (with a number, of course).
Cars also MUST have a full aero kit installed. This includes any bumpers and wings. You also must have full suspension, transmission, and drivetrain upgrades.

TC1 Specs

***We are no longer taking sign ups for the Mazda. We already have 6.***

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ssqwQNvGyTS13ZIkizX7qeNw5N2tyvn7LIcgXK2qp18/edit?usp=sharing

*Special note: Mazda has been capped at 6 drivers. New drivers coming in will have to pick something else.

Last edited:

Drivers

(PSN ID | CAR | CAR NUMBER)

flip157 | Volkswagen Scirocco R | #92
draqua_fresh | Volkswagen Scirocco R | #99

kgffy | Mazda RX - 8 | #49
BC_BOYZZ | Mazda RX - 8 | #66
WanganGhost | Mazda RX - 8 | #17
d4rizob | Mazda RX - 8 | #34
Ares118785 | Mazda RX - 8 | #18 (#2)
Somebodyshootme | Mazda RX - 8 | #68 (#1)
socalspeedfreak | Honda Civic | #21
InFecTed_RASH | Volkswagen Scirocco R | #31
Nail-27 | Subaru BRZ | #27
euclid58 | Subaru BRZ | #91
VELOCI_2NR | Toyota 86 | #13

*Mazdas will be capped at 6 drivers. You'll have to pick something else unless a driver changes their mind.

Teams

West Coast Mazda
Car: Mazda
Driver 1:
kgffy
Driver 2: (driver needed)

R - Sport
Car: Scion
Driver 1: WanganGhost
Driver 2: d4rizob

Reverse Engineering Autosport
Car: Volkswagen
Driver 1: draquafresh
Driver 2: flip157

I'll Owe You Won Racing
Car: BMW
Driver 1: Somebodyshootme
Driver2: Ares118785

Last edited:
Important Dates

April Schedule - TC1 Specs

Apr. 2 - Suzuka Circuit*
*(Test event. Will not be a points race.)
Apr. 9 - Grand Valley East
Apr. 16 - Apricot Hill
Apr. 23 - Midfield Raceway
Apr. 30 - Ascari Race Resort

May Schedule - TC1 Specs

May 7 - Brands Hatch GP
May 14 - Nurburgring 24h

(same week as the WTCC round at the Nurburgring!)
May 28 - Motegi*
June 4 - Mount Panorama*

*Yes, that's a week break. The host will be out of town that week.

Flip157 will be the room host. We will race in a private club lounge, so join the Gentlemen's Cup club in GT6. We will open up at around 11:30pm EST.

Last edited:
Points Standings & Race Results

May Driver's Points

May Team's Points

April Driver's Points -- Final!

March Driver's Points - Final

February Driver's & Team's Points -- Final!

January Final Driver's Points

Last edited:
Number 68, either the Camaro or Mustang as it sits sir :-)

Although that NSX does sounds good if we see a Lexus show up ;-)

First of the additional cars is in. Did some preliminary testing of the Lexus ISF '07, and here's what I think will work. @VELOCI_2NR, here you go.

Lexus ISF '07
- 557PP
- 468HP
- No power mods
- 1364kg
- Stage 2 Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood, Window Reduction

This looks pretty good but you will need to give some hints of schedule to get people interested.
What time zone are you in?

Agreed, that will be coming very soon. I would like to make sure the cars can run with each other first before I nail down a calender. I have no true group data yet and hope to get some this Thursday.

I am in Eastern Standard Time in the US. We're usually on around 11:00pm, which should be 8:00pm for Vancouver.

Room will be open tonight for group testing! Should be around 11:15pm EST. Bring what you like, we'll figure it out from there.

See ya tonight all. As usual, being a slightly below average Gentleman Driver...which is easiest to keep between the grass and off of the beach. :lol:

Edit:Also if you are a graded driver in WRS or SNAIL what are your ratings...this will allow prospective drivers to see if they have anyone to race with :nervous: This is completely unofficial....no fibbing or sandbagging.

Nail WRS 3 SNAIL 6 Endurance Bronze :dopey:

I would like to join you guys tonight. Its a late enough time that I can be home and relax for a little bit and then race.
I'll take #24 don't know what car I will chose though.
Thanks @Nail-27 on telling me about this series.

See ya tonight all. As usual, being a slightly below average Gentleman Driver...which is easiest to keep between the grass and off of the beach. :lol:

Edit:Also if you are a graded driver in WRS or SNAIL what are your ratings...this will allow prospective drivers to see if they have anyone to race with :nervous: This is completely unofficial....no fibbing or sandbagging.

Nail WRS 3 SNAIL 6 Endurance Bronze :dopey:

I'll see where things go. I've never worked with a driver rating system, nor do I think we've ever had enough people to need to rate drivers. But again, super early days. We'll take it as it comes.

T - 20 minutes 'til we start up! (roughly) We will be in a open lobby, the room number will be posted when we're going.

TEST ROOM UP

1472 - 4711 - 0167 - 3380 - 2881

Event finished! Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! We'll get some racing in next week!

Last edited:
Right, so I think we can just jump right into the racing! First test event of a few will be this Thursday to try out the two race format. We will race at the full Cape Ring circuit. Here's a map!

Excited to get this one going! See you guys Thursday!

Oh, and @miata13B, when you can, give me your specs for the NSX, just the power and weight stuff. No rush, just get it to me before Thursday.

Right, so I think we can just jump right into the racing! First test event of a few will be this Thursday to try out the two race format. We will race at the full Cape Ring circuit. Here's a map!

Excited to get this one going! See you guys Thursday!

Oh, and @miata13B, when you can, give me your specs for the NSX, just the power and weight stuff. No rush, just get it to me before Thursday.
It was 440 hp and 1375 kg. As for specifics we can change those around.

Ok, 110 ballast weight
Carbon Hood
Engine stage 3
Sport computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Intake tuning
Power limiter at 91.1%
That is what I have on the NSX

Ok, 110 ballast weight
Carbon Hood
Engine stage 3
Sport computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Intake tuning
Power limiter at 91.1%

I think less mods and little to no power limiting seems to be what flip is going for in this series

Ok, 110 ballast weight
Carbon Hood
Engine stage 3
Sport computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Intake tuning
Power limiter at 91.1%

Thanks mate! Should be able to look at it tonight.

I think less mods and little to no power limiting seems to be what flip is going for in this series
I agree with that, but when I was looking at torque numbers compared to all the V8s I did a quick tune with it. I'm good with whatever decision made, I'm just looking to improve my driving / tuning / racecraft.

Thanks mate! Should be able to look at it tonight.
going on what Vel said, if you would be able to spec the car the way you see fit along with others that have good judgement with how to spec a series car, I would really appreciate it.

Back