Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup -- Series finished: InsaneHurricane4 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 108 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

Welcome to the GTP thread for the Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup! A weekly touring car series. The current theme is single make racing with the Chevrolet Camaro SS TC. In a first for the Gentlemen's Cup, there will be a mix of Road Course and Oval races on the calendar.

Find our club in GT6!
Group #: 1007109

Room Times
11:30pm EST USA
8:30pm PST USA

4:30am BST UK (Friday Morning)
1:30pm AEDT AUS (Friday Afternoon)

Links below.

CAR SPECS: Post 2
DRIVER SIGN UPS: Post 3
SCHEDULE: Post 4
RESULTS/POINTS: Post 5

1. Road Course Format
  1. Room opens for practice/tuning at 11:30pm.
  2. Qualifying for race #1 begins at 11:45pm. The open session will last for 10 minutes.
  3. Qualifying Race starts immediately after qualifying. Race will be a 15 minute sprint, no mandatory pit stops.
  4. There will be a 10 minute break where you will be allowed to fine tune your vehicle, if a driver so chooses.
  5. Main Race. Grid will be set by the finishing order of the Qualifying Race. Race will be 60 minutes in length. Race will have 1 mandatory pit stop that can be taken at any point in the 60 minutes.*
*Additional rules for the Main Race.
  • If, for any reason, you leave the club lobby in between the Qualifying Race and the Main Race, then you WILL lose your starting spot for the main, and will have to start at the back.
  • Second, if you do miss the Qualifying Race, and are a group member, you will be allowed the race in the Main. Again, you will have to start from the rear.

2. Oval Format

There will be 3 ovals on the calendar: Indianapolis, Motegi, and High Speed Ring. The format for the night is slight different for these events. There will be only ONE race for the evening, with a shortened qualifying session.

1. Room opens for practice/tuning at 11:30pm.
  2. Qualifying begins at 11:45pm. Everyone will be on track at the same time, but will only see themselves. The open session will last for 5 minutes.
  3. Main Race. Grid will be set by Qualifying. Race will be determined by a lap counter, not a countdown clock. ***At this time, laps are to be determined, and will be different for each oval.***
  4. These events will have a Double File Rolling Start at Indy and Motegi (game won't let us do this at High Speed Ring).

Success Ballast

For Main Event results only:

1st - 60 kg
2nd - 40 kg
3rd - 20 kg

Ballast can stack up from race to race, up to 60 kg maximum.

After a driver receives a weight penalty, and in the following race finishes outside of the top 3 positions, that driver will lose 20 kg for the next week. Disconnects do not count.
Weight penalties will be applied for the entire race meeting. Finishing order in the Qualifying Race will NOT effect ballast.

Road Course Points System (2 Races per meeting)
Qualifying Race

1st – 5 pts.
2nd – 4 pts.
3rd - 3 pts.
4th - 2 pts.
5th -16th – 1 pt.

Main Race Points System
1st – 16 pts.
2nd – 15 pts.
3rd – 14 pts.
4th – 13 pts.
5th – 12 pts.
6th – 11 pts.
7th – 10 pts.
8th – 9 pts.
9th - 8 pts.
10th - 7 pts.
11th - 6 pts.
12th - 5 pts.
13th - 4 pts.
14th - 3 pts.
15th - 2 pts.
16th - 1 pt.

Oval Points System (1 Race per meeting)
1st – 20 pts.
2nd – 19 pts.
3rd – 18 pts.
4th – 17 pts.
5th – 16 pts.
6th – 15 pts.
7th – 14 pts.
8th – 13 pts.
9th - 12 pts.
10th - 11 pts.
11th - 10 pts.
12th - 9 pts.
13th - 8 pts.
14th - 7 pts.
15th - 6 pts.
16th - 5 pts.

A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times. This certainly includes overtaking. But hey, we're all racers. We know that accidents can happen, even to the best racers. If you feel like you cut the track to make a pass, or rammed into someone to gain a position, you will be expected to give the position back. If you feel there was an incident that should be reviewed, let me know through a private massage with the lap number (and if you can provide the corner, that would also help), and the incident will be reviewed. Point penalties may result.​
On Track Penalties
Certain tracks may have penalties on. In these cases, if you do go off track and a penalty does not go off (which can happen), then it is a legal move. If it is for a position, these situations can always be reviewed.

Lapped drivers, or drivers about to lose a lap to the leader are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible.​

Those interested in joining should either reply to the thread or send me a PM with the following information:

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Car Number:

Signs ups for drivers post #3.

You may also send me a private message here on the site or send me an email at flip157gt5@yahoo(dot)com with your information.
  • Tire/fuel -- Normal
  • Slipstream set to real.
  • Grip reduction set to real.
  • Mechanical damage -- Heavy
  • ABS and driving line will be optional
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Last edited:
Camaro Cup Specs

The specs above take an oil change into consideration. Please perform one on your car before competing.

Last edited:

(PSN ID | Car Number)
1. flip157 | #10
2. insanehurricane4 | #4
3. Ares118785 | #18
4. d4rizob | #34
5. InFecTed_RASH | #31
6. ScorpionPHVH57 | #57
7. VELOCI_2NR | TBA

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who signed up! We're gonna run our pre season race tonight! Room will open up at about 11:30pm EST, looking to get festivities started at around 11:45, so please try to make it on time so we can get things rolling smoothly.

This'll be fun! See you guys there!

A quick thank you to everyone who joined us last Thursday! Unfortunately, we had some connection and personal problems that lead to us loosing a lot of people. Hopefully, that means we're getting it out of the way early!

First points race is at Willow Springs. Practice will be Monday night at 11:30pm EST, race will be Thursday. Rain is a possibility. See you guys there!

Rain? that's crazy especially on this track!

p.s. what time are we setting the track time to?? and what time progression?

Weather is will be random, so I can't guarantee rain. I can say that the game time will be later in the day (around 17:00), time progression will be 1. It won't go into full nighttime, that wouldn't work around here.

Great race everybody, wish I didn't spin out 4 times!!
I also wish my car would not lose so much power by the end of the main race!

That was a great race this morning, i finished fifth and second:D, @insanehurricane4 :bowdown:big sorry for causing damage, i was trying to straighten the car after leaving the track.

That was a great race this morning, i finished fifth and second:D, @insanehurricane4 :bowdown:big sorry for causing damage, i was trying to straighten the car after leaving the track.
No problem Ares. I watched the replay and saw you were just trying to get to the pits. Good racing.

Thanks everyone for coming out last week! Willow was a lot of fun! Even though I fell off the track about 12 times... :)
I'll have the points graphics and success ballast for next week updated later tonight.
Looking forward to the next race at Trial Mountain! Practice will be on Monday night, race on Thursday.

Here are the points after Race 1:

Ballast for Round 2:

InsaneHurricane4: +60kg
ares118785: +40kg
flip157: +20kg

**Points Correction**

After reviewing the tapes on the Qualifying Race from Willow, the game glitched on timing and scoring.
The win should go to car #4.

Here is the photo finish.

(Sweet racing by the way guys!)

Here are the updated points. Positions did not change, points values did.

See you guys at Trail Mountain!

**Points Correction**

After reviewing the tapes on the Qualifying Race from Willow, the game glitched on timing and scoring.
The win should go to car #4.

Here is the photo finish.

Flip,
I took that same photo for my "gallery" but wasn't going to say anything. Scorp had a good race! Thanks for noticing the error. :cheers:

Hi @Flip, guys,
I apologize in advance for if i will not appear on tomorrow's race, I'm sick and i dont now if I will be able to get up at a certain time for race.:bowdown:

Back