Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup -- Series finished: InsaneHurricane4 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 108 comments
Canada
Alberta
ScorpionPHVH57
sorry for not showing up. I thought the series was postponed.

p.s. I am not getting any alerts from this thread anymore, any ideas why?

United States
los angeles ca
socalspeedfreak
wish you had been there Scorpion along with all the other gentlemen club members. good times thanks Flip!!:bowdown:

good times last night. the spin and win was very nerve racking! I guess watching all that nascar has paid off finally. good battle with Insane for the first quarter of the race. i want to apologize if i was a little aggressive Insane but on ovals rubbing is racing and the battle was so good.:mischievous:

on to the Monza!! :gtpflag:

United States
Arizona
InsaneHurricane4
wish you had been there Scorpion along with all the other gentlemen club members. good times thanks Flip!!:bowdown:

good times last night. the spin and win was very nerve racking! I guess watching all that nascar has paid off finally. good battle with Insane for the first quarter of the race. i want to apologize if i was a little aggressive Insane but on ovals rubbing is racing and the battle was so good.:mischievous:

on to the Monza!! :gtpflag:
It was a good race SoCal! You saved your tires well. My 3 stopper might have paid off if I hadn't run into pit wall on last stop. Great race though. Sorry I won't be there next week. Looks like Flip will take the points lead then.

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
p.s. I am not getting any alerts from this thread anymore, any ideas why?

Without taking a wild stab in the dark, not really. Site can be weird sometimes.

Points after Motegi

Ballast For Round 6 (based off of results from Round 4, the last road course race):

insanehurricane4: +60 (podium)
ScorpionPHVH57: +60 (no change)
flip157: +60 (podium)
socalspeedfreak: +40 (-20, no podium)
ares118785: +40 (no change)
VELOCI_2NR: +60 (win)

See you guys tonight for practice at Monza!

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Practice room is now live!

Event finished! See everyone Thursday!

Last edited:
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Few things for tonight's race at Monza.

First, I may have to drop out early on this one (hopefully, I don't). Because of this, I would like to start proceedings 5 mins. earlier than normal. So please try to make it on time.
And secondly, there may be a chance of rain. Make sure you have rain tires ready. Just in case. :D

See you guys tonight!

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Room is now live!

Event postponed to June 9. See you guys next week!

Last edited:
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

Last edited:
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Flip, is it still possibly raining at Monza?

Possible: Yes. Guarantee: No.
I will set weather to change, and the game will do whatever it wants after that. Most I can say is that it will start dry.

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Room is now live!

Event finished! See you guys next week!

Last edited:
United States
los angeles ca
socalspeedfreak
had a chance to review the race last night and first think congrats to Flip for the win. my apologies to Insane for the contact which it seemed i got the worst of. at least i don't feel as bad due to Insane being low on fuel and having to make a second pit stop. and i guess my first tank slapper at the same corner should have given me damage so its a wash. that said i'm more pissed at my self for letting the win slip out of my grasp. with plenty of fuel and a pace decent enough all i had to do was be patient!!!! :banghead:

anyway always a pleasure with this group!!! On to Red Bull where i will be trying to redeem myself. :gtpflag:

Canada
Alberta
ScorpionPHVH57
sorry about the early exit, but I got bored running around the track all by myself, and did not feel like doing it for another 30 mins.

United States
Arizona
InsaneHurricane4
had a chance to review the race last night and first think congrats to Flip for the win. my apologies to Insane for the contact which it seemed i got the worst of. at least i don't feel as bad due to Insane being low on fuel and having to make a second pit stop. and i guess my first tank slapper at the same corner should have given me damage so its a wash. that said i'm more pissed at my self for letting the win slip out of my grasp. with plenty of fuel and a pace decent enough all i had to do was be patient!!!! :banghead:

anyway always a pleasure with this group!!! On to Red Bull where i will be trying to redeem myself. :gtpflag:
Yeah, I was amazed you didn't have damage on the first off you had. I braked too late at that same corner halfway through and destroyed my car. Lost 30 seconds getting back to the pits. It was a great race for all though--very close on the pace for all the drivers!

United States
los angeles ca
socalspeedfreak
i'll have to watch it again. i'm not that quick so i need to hit my braking points spot on and i think in your draft at that turn i had too much speed. both times in that corner i had to try and avoid you with really no where to go. all good lets do it again at the Ring!!

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Points Update!

Ballast For Round 7:

insanehurricane4: +60 (no change)
ScorpionPHVH57: +40 (-20)
flip157: +60 (no change)
socalspeedfreak: +60 (+20)
ares118785: +40 (no change)
VELOCI_2NR: +60 (no change)

**final week for success ballast, next week is considered an oval**

See you guys tonight for practice at the Red Bull Ring!

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

Last edited:
United States
Arizona
InsaneHurricane4
Sorry fellas, but won't be there tonight. I practiced for 3 hours last night for this race, so needless to say I'm a little disappointed. Hope it's a good race. I'm planning to be there next week for the final race.

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Room is now live!

Event finished! See you guys next week for the season finale!

Last edited:
United States
los angeles ca
socalspeedfreak
congrats to Scorp and Flip for the wins. not my best performance and sorry Flip for running into you race 1. there was so much smoke I could not see anything and just hoped that you had moved out of the way. Race 2 had decent pace but my long run stability was just not there. Also to be honest kinda boring with just a few participants. well one last event and maybe I can pull of the trifecta of oval type tracks!! :dopey:

United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Points after Round 7

I do have to say that was the closest race I've ever been a part of while hosting these. Scorpion and I were no further apart than about 3 seconds for the better part of an hour. Really epic stuff! And for two weeks in a row, I almost didn't put in enough fuel at the stop and ran the last lap on fumes...

Season finale this week! High Speed Ring, one race, no success ballast.
Laps: TBA very soon.
See you guys tomorrow for practice!