Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo Has Partnered With IMSA

IMSA’s president John Doonan has rather surprisingly announced that the motorsports organizing body has added Gran Turismo to its list of esports partners, during a special “State of the Sport” live stream. His comments were discovered by GTPlanet user “PSN offapple” and shared in our forums...

Last edited:
We knew PD already had a licensing agreement with IMSA due to their branding appearing in the game. The Ford GT for example is the IMSA livery with full branding rather than the WEC one.

Could just be nothing more than that, but it’ll be interesting to see where this could go. There has been more attention given to America from PD recently with Watkins Glen and Daytona being brought in to GT7.

Personally if any American track content were to be added later on Id like to see Sonoma Raceway return to the series. It’s been absent since GT PSP.

Have they partnered though? The slide specifically says that they have a footprint with Gran Turismo, which is true, we have the IMSA-spec Ganassi Ford GT and the Daytona International Speedway road course. But I wouldn't say that they have a partnership for eSports.

I think this is really cool. Id love more USA tracks and cars in GT7 please. Like Road America, Daytona Prototypes etc. Anything new to the game from IMSA would be awesome.

This is awesome news!!! I know a couple of cars from an IMSA series have been scanned but this is great to hear.
You must be a clairvoyant or perhaps someone with a link to Polyphony.

We all knew this was coming. Besides Road Atlanta I'd like to see some familiar IMSA tracks (e.g. Road America, Lime Rock Park, VIR, Sebring) and perhaps the cars, ranging from IMSA GT/GTO/GTX, as well as numerous Gr. 1 and Gr. 3 cars.

Last edited:
Finally!

I have always been a supporter of the idea of PD signing agreements with sports leagues. In theory, this facilitates transit for licensing cars and circuits of the modality.

Other important leagues that PD could have commercial agreements with would be the Spanish (GT Open) and German (DTM) leagues.

DTM could bring cars from past to make up Group 2 of GT7, as well as important circuits like Hockenheimring and Lausitzring. The Spanish league could bring all that diversity of fantastic circuits from Iberia.

Last edited:
Let's hope WEC see sense and drop developing their own game and just license it to Gran Turismo
There’s very little substance of note to suggest a Le Mans/WEC title is coming anytime soon. They may have acquired licences, but at best, it’s in the early planning stages.

Regardless, it’s the car & track licenses that matter. None of which are exclusive. With WEC & IMSA now having the same prototype & GT regulations. Much easier to cover the bases of both series.

Last edited:
Reading over that article, it looks like IMSA plans to maintain a tighter relationship with iRacing than GT. So don’t get your hopes up that this will add much to the game.

However…if this partnership is something more, a full IMSA track and car list added to the game either as an update or expansion would be very cool imo.

Brembo - Genesis - Hagerty - Dior - IMSA - ...... :confused:

Guessing the next partner is harder than picking the World Series Manu winner. :lol:
I don’t really think so, it’s either automotive-related or fashion brands, both of which GT has had a long history of collaborating with.

Now if you threw in like Walmart and a Crypto company, then it would be kinda confusing. But as it stands they all make sense given PD’s track record imo.

Cool, hopefully we'll get some more IMSA tracks and current gen GT and DPi and upcoming LMDh cars out of this partnership and not just a Brand Central entry with a fancy promo video that nobody will even know to watch.

Back