Gran Turismo Has Partnered With IMSA

• Thread starter Famine
  • 89 comments
For those thinking that this partnership will bring more American circuits to the game, keep in mind that IMSA does not own any circuits and would have no say in their inclusion of them in the game. Daytona International Speedway and Watkins Glen are owned by International Speedway Corporation, which is directly connected to IMSA, but the rest of the circuits that they visit are all independently owned. Each owner would have to make their own deal with PD.

For those thinking that this partnership will bring more American circuits to the game, keep in mind that IMSA does not own any circuits and would have no say in their inclusion of them in the game. Daytona International Speedway and Watkins Glen are owned by International Speedway Corporation, which is directly connected to IMSA, but the rest of the circuits that they visit are all independently owned. Each owner would have to make their own deal with PD.
Not that it really changes your point, but IMSA does actually own Road Atlanta as well as Sebring.

Following that reasoning, there’s a chance that other tracks owned by ISC might have an easier path to get in the game, because we know that PD has a standing relationship with their owner.

Unfortunately, they're all ovals, and only a few (Fontana, Homestead, maybe Michigan) have road course layouts at all. I wouldn't mind Phoenix or Talladega's ovals in GT either but road courses should obviously be the biggest priority.

Today I learned IMSA stands for International Motor Sports Association.

Today I also learned that America/North America has a lot of "international" sports organisations that are actually limited to America/North America, and do not include other countries or continents.
"International" in that context simply means that it is a sporting organization that is shared by the USA and Canada. It's not a facetious claim that the organization has worldwide scope, it's a name to distinguish from "National" sports organizations in America which traditionally were USA-only.

"International" in that context simply means that it is a sporting organization that is shared by the USA and Canada. It's not a facetious claim that the organization has worldwide scope, it's a name to distinguish from "National" sports organizations in America which traditionally were USA-only.
But! Counter to that point - the NHL and NBA both feature teams that are not national as they're Canadian.

There's hundred of countries. Only North America does this, "well technically it's international" crap. Kind of ruins the status of International for everyone else. :)

Worst offender in my opinion is International House of Pancakes. Liars. :mad:

I really hope we can get acura to come back to the game and bring in the dpi and tlx gt3 Pines peak. It would be cool To have them in the manufacturer series.

Also I really Hope we get a lot more GT3 updated like nsx gt3 evo 22 or even Evo 19 at least

And also TcR Honda Civic type r can make for a good gr4

Last edited:
A lot I guess, he said other track are currently being worked on but Road Atlanta isn't one of them.

I wouldn’t take the words of someone who doesn’t work for PD as someone who knows what there doing. Just because it doesn’t show up in the files of the game doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on.

I wouldn’t take the words of someone who doesn’t work for PD as someone who knows what there doing. Just because it doesn’t show up in the files of the game doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on.
He always posted new Daily Races a few days before they're online and also posted prices of the new cars before the cars rolls in the LCD so I think he knows a bit.

But we'll see.

Is this a partnership that will actually have a significant impact on the game, or is this like the Pikes Peak sponsorship and exclusive license?

Last edited:
Lot of wishful thinking here, by reading too much into it...

It looks like GT has now a partnership with IMSA, like iRacing, but also like Real Racing 3 or... NitroNation!!!

iRacing will be the eSports partner as before. Being optimist i think we will have in the future some IMSA circuits, specially some owned by IMSA subsidiaries like Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma (owned by Speedway Motorsports, or Nascar, who also owns IMSA) and that would be great.

As for GTD class, don't hold your breath as they have a deal with SRO to use GT3 cars, the cars still are GT3 cars and IMSA has no intellectual properties for this cars. The GTP/LMDh are a joint regulation between ACO and IMSA, but I believe no one has intelectual property of it, if that was the case PD couldn't add the Toyota TS050 to the game, just as the Porsche 919, the Audi R18, the Porsche 991 GTE or the Corvette C7.R GTE.

Lot of wishful thinking here, by reading too much into it...

As for GTD class, don't hold your breath as they have a deal with SRO to use GT3 cars, the cars still are GT3 cars and IMSA has no intellectual properties for this cars. The GTP/LMDh are a joint regulation between ACO and IMSA, but I believe no one has intelectual property of it, if that was the case PD couldn't add the Toyota TS050 to the game, just as the Porsche 919, the Audi R18, the Porsche 991 GTE or the Corvette C7.R GTE.
Manufacturers own the intellectual property of their cars and can license them to whomever.

Who knows what will come of this IMSA deal. But the only real use of it is to have IMSA branded events. IMSA branded events only make sense if you have IMSA cars & tracks.

Latest Posts

Back