Gran Turismo OVERTAKES!! Warning! Heavy photos and high Drama.

@ScotteDawg - B & Ws are perfectly okay đź‘Ť Any effects are cool - it's a general 'Overtake' thread - so we can learn from each other as well as get to admire some cars and catch some drama. That was a nice clean pass - bet it happened at some speed, eh?

@Kryption - that Miata driver had it in for you; good job dodging him. :)

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_14_zpso24gwpgv.jpg

Here's something from last Seasonals - I'm trying to run the Tesla Roadster for a fast overall time at Daytona, and Harvey and Monroe are intent on blocking me. For every twitch I make they respond with the kind of twitch that sets them in my path.

It was time to make like a wavicle:

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_13_zpstvd37swz.jpg

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_10_zpsqz1jzxt7.jpg

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_6_zpsgbat2dqq.jpg

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_5_zpsepbpk1in.jpg

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_3_zpshah2snob.jpg

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_1_zpsm3ppygqq.jpg

nice little slip through there, haha yes I was right on him there, and braked like half a second before he did for that hairpin. Full focus in that race lol. what colour did you have for that? it looks great.

As I was approaching the tunnel in the French car seasonal, I noticed the carnage ahead which forced me wide...
Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway_3.jpg

I didn't want to slow down, even though I saw the little Alpine going wide into the tunnel...
Deep Forest Raceway_4.jpg

So I darted to the right and went around him!
Deep Forest Raceway_5.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway_6.jpg

Problem sorted!!!
Deep Forest Raceway_7.jpg

What colour did you have for that? It looks great.

Sorry for the long wait, Kryption - the color is GT Chrome 010.
Colours shift and change, sometimes quite dramatically, from what it looks like in GTAuto, back in the garage, and when on the different race-tracks. Some Chromes take on absolutely brilliant shades when raced under lights.

As I was approaching the tunnel in the French car seasonal, I noticed the carnage ahead which forced me wide...
View attachment 427938 View attachment 427942 View attachment 427943 View attachment 427944

I didn't want to slow down, even though I saw the little Alpine going wide into the tunnel...
View attachment 427945

So I darted to the right and went around him!
View attachment 427946 View attachment 427947

Problem sorted!!!
View attachment 427949

That was a great overtaking spot during that Seasonals - kinda miss that the French experience is done and gone. Super fun to race surrounded by French cars seemingly driven by some really crazy drivers :lol: I took that Alpione from both left and right; left is more of a hairier slip-through, but right gives the opportunity for a great drift around and scoot-off.
Saw so many pile-ups at that spot - hilarious. Actually, more true to what would happen in an online-lobby race with humans than with (supposedly :dopey: ) logically-driven robots. It was a fun race and some great overtakes to practise and try-out.

The present Seasonals at Sierrra, too, give us some great opportunities for clean overtakes and some stunning photo-sequences, and I'm hoping to capture some soon.

^ Super-clean, comfortable overtake there at Mid-Field, @ScotteDawg but the slip-through in the rain at Spa must have brought a grin to your face. I love those split-second decision moves that we have to make sometimes when making a clean and satisfying overtake.

Here I am having some fun at the current Intermediate Seasonals, Madrid, driving a hopped-up Mirage Cyborg :

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_15_zpsjn8bsref.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_16_zpseva3g3cj.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_17_zpsk5aakrob.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_18_zps99uhxaqb.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_22_zpsdet4qvvk.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_23_zpsz0acjucf.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_24_zps9ejjnx8n.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_25_zpsfygwufrd.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_27_zpsaprw9fye.jpg

Circuito%20de%20Madrid_28_zpswuzgi9h8.jpg

Haha! Brilliant! And that's a seriously good-looking car, @ScotteDawg đź‘Ť

Madrid gives us some incredible overtaking opportunities - and endless apexes! :lol: What I like most about these overtakes is that we get to perform such technically difficult moves because the AI drive so responsibly - while protecting their turf still not ramming you without cause when you are try to sneak through them - they hold their technical racing lines and this way we can make a decision without risking the thought that the racer ahead is suddenly going to turn into an illogical and angry maniac.
Great shots - that bunch of stills captured the drama well - this is pack street-racing that is virtually thrilling. Awesome that there is not a scratch on your car. đź‘Ť

Have a ton of interesting overtakes from the present Seasonals - have to post - will get to it soon.
Thanks for the contributions; I know it involves some work to put these shots together - sometimes several hours go by and all I've done is put together a sequence of a dozen shots from some exciting replay.

Later . . .

Back