Gran Turismo PSP Car Trade thread

• Thread starter J-PaP
  • 39 comments
Australia
Australia
J-PaP
Please hold till 1st October where I can give a proper guide on how cars will be traded

The concept of this thread solely relies on the assumption that GT PSP gamesave will not be locked.

The idea:
KY said himself that getting all the cars on your own will take forever. However doing this as a community will really make light work of collecting all the cars.

So this thread can be used as a car trade/sharing community. It will work in the following way:

• People post what cars they are looking for or what cars they have to offer
  • Another party can offer to either give away certain cars desired or can offer the desired car at a cost (cost is another car. No financial transfers allowed)
  • The parties can then send each other their gamesaves

Restrictions

• [*]No more than 5 cars requested at a time
    [*]Please keep your requests specifically for hard to obtain cars. No point requesting a car that is available every few days just because you don't want to spend money on it.

For all this to work though apart from the assumption of unlocked saves, a party involved in a trade or an agreeing 3rd party will require 2 PSP's and probably 2 copies of GT PSP unless you can swap the umd back and forth.

To start off I am looking for anybody with any of the following:

Pre-order cars:
Blue GTR Spec V
Orange Lamborghini LP400

I have on offer:

Pre order cars:
Yellow Ferrari Enzo
Black Bugatti Veyron
White Corvette ZR1
Yellow Citroen GT

Last edited:
Good idea :D On a sidenote: Are there actually PSP games out there where the savedata is locked? How would such a lock be achieved (is there some sort of serial number built into the system that ties to the save)? And I´m wondering how long it will take for 100% car saves to pop up (on Gamefaqs or whatever). Not that I´m actually interested in "cheating" my way to my favourite cars, but who knows, maybe one day I´m getting tired of grinding for credits and just want the most expensive cars all at once :dopey: :dunce:

There are a few games apparently. There is a recent thread of mine that discusses it in the psp section. No idea how the lock works.

I hope that doesn´t mean that once your PSP goes tits up it drags the save file down with it and can´t be used with a new model :nervous: (Sorry if this is off topic btw)

I did wonder when this would start happening ;) I might get drawn into it eventualli but i wanna see how far i can get on my own first.:)

There is only one problem with this...
When you swap gamesaves, all the challenges you completed and miles driven, will be not be in the traded save. :nervous:

But I guess you could always play using both gamesaves.... 💡

There is only one problem with this...
When you swap gamesaves, all the challenges you completed and miles driven, will be not be in the traded save. :nervous:

But I guess you could always play using both gamesaves.... 💡

Hence a party is needed with 2 psp's and 2 gt games. On your normal gamesave you play with, purchase a common car that you do not want. Trade the car for the one you want off that gamesave. Then you will have the car you want on your normal gamesave.

Obviously not everyone will be able to do this but it is all we have to work with for now.

The locking comment on here there is a couple Football manager 09 saves are locked you cannot edit them other than adding a season change using a cheat editor. I might be wrong but knowing sony i would imagine they will put some sort of lock on the pre-order car downloads

I will be getting the orange Lambo with my pre-order. I would definitely be interested in 'trading't it for the black veyron...

The locking comment on here there is a couple Football manager 09 saves are locked you cannot edit them other than adding a season change using a cheat editor. I might be wrong but knowing sony i would imagine they will put some sort of lock on the pre-order car downloads

All FM saves are fine.

I'm gonna start with the blue GTR which isnt for sale but i will trade the first car i win with it if its not a countach. :)

By the way, to those reluctant to trade cars from the pre-order bonuses. I have a few theories on being able to trade cars without giving up the cars you have already. Just need to test it out once the game is out.

Sorry for poor translation ;

You send one recommended car to friend, from your collection.
exchanging the car got tired of drive for a friend owns one.
By "Adhoc mode" through the wireless LAN in PSP, is given / put up a car.
the exchange of expensive cars which could not be real life was realized at last in GT.
Let's expand the your car collection. and talking about cars each other.
-from GT-real.jp.

It seems to different from GT1 to 4. removed owned car from garage after trade.
needs test of trade and copying save data. also between different region UMD.
Regards.

Last edited:
Thank you for your translation. Pity you can't trade over of the network but only via the adhoc mode. It seems its intended as a socializing feature.

Just going to ask for everyone to hold off till I get the game on 1st October. I will do some tests (have about 3-4 theories on how to do car trades without losing your cars) and will post up how the trades will work. I'll also test out Ad-hoc party and see if that works.

Sounds good. Just let me know what I need to do to trade my Lambo for a Veyron. Also, anyone able to provide a link explaining the adhoc party thing?

I'd like to open up some discussion on trading particularly the bonus cars from pre-ordering.

Am trying to find a way to get all the PSN code cars. Have picked up the following limitations though:

-The cars are not shareable or tradeable in the game
-Gamesaves are locked to a single psp system

Thus far I have one idea but again that requires some trust. The only way that I think trades can work is via sharing psn accounts. You log into the other person's psn, download the car onto your ps3 (after code has been entered). Then install it to the psp. This SHOULD work.

Anybody care to share their thoughts on if this would work/any other ideas on how to share the pre order cars?

Hello all, I've code for a free countach for gt psp and I was wondering if someone here would be interested by trading it (i dont really care about what car it is).I know its a little weird from a new member and some people will not trust me but I would very like to trade it.

Apologies if this isn't the correct thread for this question.

I've recently bought a PSP go and I've not been able to carry on with the game save I had on the old PSP. It's my own fault as I just didn't check before trading the old model in.

I really don't mind the playing through the game again but as I'd carry on playing it anyway but I'm annoyed that I've lost all the cars that I'd earned previously.

I'm sure you can guess where this is leading now. Is anybody willing to trade some cars to help me get up and running again? I've not used Ad-Hoc before as I'm really not into the multi-player side but I'd of course let people have the cars I have too, bear in mind I only have about 10 and they really are low end models so you'll pretty much just be giving me cars if you do have quite a few.

If anybody was willing to help I'd be really grateful!

Thanks,
John:)

i'm willing to trade any of my cars for the black bugatti veyron.

my cars: (currently)
  • Blue bugatti veyron
  • black 2009 GT-R
  • Mazda Furai Concept
  • GT by Citroen
  • Blue and Grey Corvette ZR1
  • 280Z Cherry Red
  • 86 Sprinter Trueno
  • Enzo Ferrari
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R '95
  • Nismo 400R
  • Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

I didn't try car trade but car share and it work well in adhocparty, a guy give me a lot of nice cars for free :dopey:

Back