Gran Turismo Series 15th Anniversary

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcfizzle
  • 53 comments
  • 4,207 views
Messages
3,984
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Messages
GTP_mcfizzle
Messages
LotsaMcfizzle
December (I believe) is the 15th Anniversary of the Gran Turismo series :cheers:. Do you guys think there will be any sort of event or announcements to go along with it? I know nothing is likely but it is fun to think about different possibilities.:D

-GT Collection 1-4 on one disc (not going to happen as proven before by members)
-GT Classics Track Pack for GT5 (return of original and missing tracks)
-DLC Car and Track Pack
-Another updated version of GT5 (XL Academy Super Special Anniversary Edition)
-Spec 3.0 with new features and free DLC
-Addition of C-Spec/Free Roam to GT5
-GT Vita
-GT 6
-TT2

What are your thoughts? Anything expected?

Personally, I'm an optimist and hold out hope for more DLC to come to GT5.
 
mcfizzle
Personally, I'm an optimist and hold out hope for more DLC to come to GT5.

Same, but I gotta remember that soon, GT5 will stop being supported with DLC's and Updates due to the development of GT6 but why not end in style with a huge spec DLC; more cars, tracks etc and a big final update!
 
I believe GT5 Spec III will come out, although I would like to see a GT6 announcement.
 
Being optimistic, I expect something like a Spec3 or an interesting feature update, plus some gift from PD, a special car with anniversary livery or something like this.

And... at least heard something about GT6...

What can lead us to a dramatic moment:

If Spec3/whatever it's big and interesting = no GT6 for PS3
If we don't see anything big or dramatic for GT5 = GT6 can be happen on PS3

Specially after the last stuff I read about GTA V, my hopes are stronger that the PS3 still have some years of life and that PD will use it... (anyway, I'm a believer of 2 "full games" per console tactics from PD and I believe and want GT6 on PS3).
 
We'll get another free Red Bull X1, this time in "Festive Livery", with tinsel and fairylights.
 
Hate to be pessimistic, but I don't expect anything. I would like to be wrong though.
 
I would imagine at the least some special seasonal events added. What I would love to see though is an anniversary car (would probably be a skyline though lol), missing tracks and or cars from previous versions, or another DLC car pack. It would also be nice to see an update on GT6 even if its just a small teaser.
 
Another DLC cars and track perhaps :
Toyota AE86 Trueno/Sprinter
Nissan DR30 Tomica Skyline Silhouette
Toyota Supra RZ
Some old JGTC cars in premium ?

or duplicate standards received premium treatment ?

Track :
Old GT2 - GT4 tracks ?
Silverstone or Bathurst ?
 
We'll get another free Red Bull X1, this time in "Festive Livery", with tinsel and fairylights.

Wouldn't they just fly off when you drive it though? Unless you stick everything down onto the car with super glue 💡 :lol: .
 
Happy 15th.

What is the age of consent in Japan?
 
No, I honestly expect nothing. I'll be very happy if my expectations are wrong but that's just how low they are these days when it comes to PD.
 
Nothing.

Maybe, maybe a Skyline :grumpy:
 
A card, like the one we got for the holidays last year.
BECAUSE WHY NOT?!
 

Probably the answer with the highest possibility but they have do something right? You can't let the 15th Anniversary of one of the top 15 selling franchises of all time to unnoticed.
 
I know I'm always the one saying not to get your hopes up and I'm not really a big fan of these speculation threads. Also, before I say this, I am not getting my hopes up for anything nor am I expecting anything but, we have the 15th Anniversary coming up along with the 2 year anniversary of GT5 and Christmas. I would not be surprised if we did indeed get something by the end of the year. As far as what, well, thats way to much speculation for me, lol. If we do get something, it doesn't matter to me what it is. I'm not the picky type.
 
Probably the answer with the highest possibility but they have do something right? You can't let the 15th Anniversary of one of the top 15 selling franchises of all time to unnoticed.

I'm not so sure, 15th isn't a BIG milestone that's always noted. 10th and 25th you're usually guaranteed some sort of acknowledgement but 15th isn't guaranteed.

Speaking of that though, did they do anything for the 10th anniversary?
 
I'd like to see a Spec 3.0 with a good few free DLC cars, and possibly a track or two.
It would'nt be impossible imo.

But yeah, I'm an optimistc kind of guy.. :)
 
Speaking of that though, did they do anything for the 10th anniversary?



http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d4404.html

925694ce4bbb211d7802da9c152f1777.jpg


This car was made by a designer.
 
Heh, never seen that before. How much cheese do you want in one video? Perhaps we'll get that rehashed this year.
 
A Classic track for free! It won't be overkill, but there'll be something.

Probably the answer with the highest possibility but they have do something right? You can't let the 15th Anniversary of one of the top 15 selling franchises of all time to unnoticed.
HA no. How many 15 year anniversaries are there to this?


Either way, Kaz's 20th for having been working on the GT series passed up sometime in the last five months.
 
A Classic track for free! It won't be overkill, but there'll be something.


HA no. How many 15 year anniversaries are there to this?


Either way, Kaz's 20th for having been working on the GT series passed up sometime in the last five months.

Do you know how to use the edit button instead of triple posting, lol.
 
haha That's I was saying. I had multiple tabs open and got mixed up. It won't happen again for another day.
 
roflcoptor
We'll get another free Red Bull X1, this time in "Festive Livery", with tinsel and fairylights.

As long as that crap flaps in the wind I'm happy.
 
roflcoptor
We'll get another free Red Bull X1, this time in "Festive Livery", with tinsel and fairylights.

I would take a 5G X1.
 
Wouldn't they just fly off when you drive it though? Unless you stick everything down onto the car with super glue 💡 :lol: .

All fitted inside the cockpit... Adrian Newey is no amateur, y'know... :lol:
 
Premium 180sx 👍 Just throwing it out there.
 
Back