Gran Turismo Sport and TAG Heuer Partnership Announced

I'm a little pumped for the improved timing system, especially considering the bogus system I've been living with playing Assetto Corsa. God I hope GT drives (and sounds :indiff:) half as well as it looks. AC be spolin' me.

Sorry, when I read the post about GT5 not getting the YouTube feature for replays, my mind must have read that in reverse 13375P34K.
It's a good thing we don't write out our forum posts by hand. People would be getting GT5 and GTS confused all the time. Lots of arguments etc.

TAGHeuer championship? (another thing for top players...)
I get that so much of the promised excitement and glory of the new system of online racing will only be realized by a small number of top players. But just because I can't compete in the Tour de France doesn't mean I can't enjoy my own scaled down version on the weekend with my buddies! That's kinda what I see all of this as. These championships are mean't to draw interest in the game, show us what we can do with it. All of the same tools the "pros" will be using, we will have at our disposal to do the same 👍

I found this totally legit leak. Honest.

Coming Soon™!
omg. omgomgomg.

So, with TAG, the game will come out on time... More second, less second, 2017 is the time!
For now, I like the dials with the times in the middle... many years ahead of any game of the genre... And all the rest I also believe.

I'm saying this with pain in my heart as gran turismo fan but gts is the 1st gt i'm not going to get on day one,comparing the package to project cars 2,gts comes imo short on alot of things which makes me wonder,does a sponsor deal with a watchmaker really matter for a racing sim????
I'm gonna say NO,i wanna see license deals with car makers,project 2 covers that,tracks WITH dynamic time of day and weather on ALL tracks,project 2 covers that,fresh car list that is up to date,i mean porsche is available yet gts doesn't seem to have it compared to assetto,project and even forza are going to include it in the follow up to 6,especially when scorpio shows up at the holiday 2017,long story short i'm buying project 2 on launch for my ps4 pro,hoping they can pull off 60fps stable and constant,psvr would be an added bonus,but it'll have to be throughout the entire package,not portions like on gts,i'll get gts in the budget bin,my way of saying to PD,try harder and set your priorities on the things that matter,not on the things that most sim racers did not ask for nor wanted in the 1st place.

Rjo
I'm saying this with pain in my heart as gran turismo fan but gts is the 1st gt i'm not going to get on day one,comparing the package to project cars 2,gts comes imo short on alot of things which makes me wonder,does a sponsor deal with a watchmaker really matter for a racing sim????
I'm gonna say NO,i wanna see license deals with car makers,project 2 covers that,tracks WITH dynamic time of day and weather on ALL tracks,project 2 covers that,fresh car list that is up to date,i mean porsche is available yet gts doesn't seem to have it compared to assetto,project and even forza are going to include it in the follow up to 6,especially when scorpio shows up at the holiday 2017,long story short i'm buying project 2 on launch for my ps4 pro,hoping they can pull off 60fps stable and constant,psvr would be an added bonus,but it'll have to be throughout the entire package,not portions like on gts,i'll get gts in the budget bin,my way of saying to PD,try harder and set your priorities on the things that matter,not on the things that most sim racers did not ask for nor wanted in the 1st place.
Read this:
I am not mad or trying to call you out - I completely understand it was a joke. I simply saw an opportunity to point out that it is a bigger deal than it may seem on the surface.

Actually, software is not a great way to tell time.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2891892/why-computers-still-struggle-to-tell-the-time.html
http://tf.nist.gov/service/pdf/computertime.pdf

Here are some quotes on software timing:

It is not at all clear to me how Tag Heuer has implemented their timing solution, but I am willing to bet it is an improvement to what most video games have used to date. Considering the focus on eSports, it makes sense that they would want their timing solution to be as accurate as possible. I assume GT has always used software clocks in the past for timing, and I would not be surprised if the new solution with Tag Heuer is using an internet clock with Network Time Protocol.

Again, at the end of the day the old solution was fine and this won't affect 99% of players, but it is just another example of how PD goes above and beyond.

And there hasn't been any news of GTS content or its features since the delay. There's a lot we don't know. It's not all clear.

Read this:

And there hasn't been any news of GTS content or its features since the delay. There's a lot we don't know. It's not all clear.

Well,that might be true another_jakhole,but we do know the game has been delayed for 2017,hope they make it on time,no pun intended towards there tag heuer sponsor deal,they couldn't get weather or dynamic tod in cause of the framerate drops that would occur according to pd,i'm leaving it up to you to google the info on that,the way they programmed this software is interesting too,apparantly they made it so that it runs on a base ps4 in 60fps and 2k and upscale that to ps4 pro,now i'm no engineer but forza or more specific turn 10,i gotta say on hardware that's on paper outspecced it showed some great visuals especially on forza 6 eventhough it wasn't dynamic it looked stellar and in 60 fps,i believe that turn 10 can pull it off since they been working on xb1 for such a long time,i'd not be surprised they could deliver 60 fps with dynamic tod weather,and a car list that would be impressive that they even got porsche among other brands,i can keep going on but when i compare project cars 2 features that come packed with it and knowing what forza can do,i'm still gonna say to PD,try harder cause for my money there worth the budget bin price what there offering compared to the competition.oh and according to not all is clear,look up some articles on here and google for the rest,another one i'll give you is exclusivity on pikes peak track while project 2 is offering 60 circuits??? Are they even trying over there at PD to make there game stand out???

Last edited:
Rjo
Well,that might be true another_jakhole,but we do know the game has been delayed for 2017,hope they make it on time,no pun intended towards there tag heuer sponsor deal,they couldn't get weather or dynamic tod in cause of the framerate drops that would occur according to pd,i'm leaving it up to you to google the info on that,the way they programmed this software is interesting too,apparantly they made it so that it runs on a base ps4 in 60fps and 2k and upscale that to ps4 pro,now i'm no engineer but forza or more specific turn 10,i gotta say on hardware that's on paper outspecced it showed some great visuals especially on forza 6 eventhough it wasn't dynamic it looked stellar and in 60 fps,i believe that turn 10 can pull it off since they been working on xb1 for such a long time,i'd not be surprised they could deliver 60 fps with dynamic tod weather,and a car list that would be impressive that they even got porsche among other brands,i can keep going on but when i compare project cars 2 features that come packed with it and knowing what forza can do,i'm still gonna say to PD,try harder cause for my money there worth the budget bin price what there offering compared to the competition.oh and according to not all is clear,look up some articles on here and google for the rest,another one i'll give you is exclusivity on pikes peak track while project 2 is offering 60 circuits??? Are they even trying over there at PD to make there game stand out???
Yea, the tables are turning. And 2k is really 1080p resolution (1920 vertical by 1080 horizontal). Who knows why PD aren't able to optimize GTS to have time change and dynamic weather. It's a shock to me. We don't even know if they're going to include a track creator.

Yea, the tables are turning. And 2k is really 1080p resolution (1920 vertical by 1080 horizontal). Who knows why PD aren't able to optimize GTS to have time change and dynamic weather. It's a shock to me. We don't even know if they're going to include a track creator.
Heck i'm surprised the news about not having rain and such passed by you,i mean most if not all the mayor websites posted the news on that 1,from ign to gtplanet,yes this very site,outcry galore and dissapointment allround,considering that project cars has dynamic tod weather,and i have both pc and ps4 pro,with boost mode enabled i gotta say if you overlook the visuals compared to pc,stunning how it all works on console,what's more impressive,did you know project cars was optimized to run as it is on ps4 and wasn't programmed from scratch on ps4? it's just pc code running in optimized form so to speak on ps4,in 1080p or 2k as i learned from you today :),with dynamic weather tod present??? project cars 2 comes out soon,imagine how that would look and sound on a ps4 pro or pc even?? Let that sink in for a minute,then we look at gts,running in 2k,made from scratch on base ps4,upscaled and enhanced for ps4 pro,no weather tod,just to guarantee 60fps??? what does slightly mad studios on project cars and it's sequel do that PD can't i wonder??? Can you say without sarcasm PD try harder o.O???

Rjo
Heck i'm surprised the news about not having rain and such passed by you,i mean most if not all the mayor websites posted the news on that 1,from ign to gtplanet,yes this very site,outcry galore and dissapointment allround,considering that project cars has dynamic tod weather,and i have both pc and ps4 pro,with boost mode enabled i gotta say if you overlook the visuals compared to pc,stunning how it all works on console,what's more impressive,did you know project cars was optimized to run as it is on ps4 and wasn't programmed from scratch on ps4? it's just pc code running in optimized form so to speak on ps4,in 1080p or 2k as i learned from you today :),with dynamic weather tod present??? project cars 2 comes out soon,imagine how that would look and sound on a ps4 pro or pc even?? Let that sink in for a minute,then we look at gts,running in 2k,made from scratch on base ps4,upscaled and enhanced for ps4 pro,no weather tod,just to guarantee 60fps??? what does slightly mad studios on project cars and it's sequel do that PD can't i wonder??? Can you say without sarcasm PD try harder o.O???
It is known that there won't be time change layouts. Some locations will have different times of day, which is mehh. Weather isn't ruled out though.

Last edited:
I know this is probably off topic here, but I just want to clarify this. At 0:36 of the video, is that the 458 or 488 GT3?

'member this?
playstation-32468-11315199326.jpg

I don't for the life of me know why anyone would be excited over what is clearly soley a marketing gimmick.
It has absolutely no effect on the game besides what brand name we see.(hello billboard advert)

It's as meaningless as meaningless gets. A GT branded watch could be cool, if it wasn't a reminder of advert boards being hyped as "news".
Imagine discussing Pepsi the official cola of GTS.

It's as meaningless as meaningless gets

It's part of PD's business model and adds to the game's income. It could influence other commercial decisions like mandatory PSN+ or future DLC pricing. TAG Heuer also has a long time partnership in motorsports and is officially involved in multiple series and events. They probably have extensive databases of real world performances backed-up from the events they have monitored. They also are the timekeeper of Pikes Peak where they probably rely on GPS transponder based tech. There could be more in this partnership than just a bunch of billboards around the tracks or plain advertisement in Brand Central...

Considering it has been stated that PD didn't ask for this, but rather were asked to do it, I don't think that anything but good could come from it.

We shall see. ;)

I don't for the life of me know why anyone would be excited over what is clearly soley a marketing gimmick.
It has absolutely no effect on the game besides what brand name we see.(hello billboard advert)

It's as meaningless as meaningless gets. A GT branded watch could be cool, if it wasn't a reminder of advert boards being hyped as "news".
Imagine discussing Pepsi the official cola of GTS.
I know what you mean people think that sector times are going to be a thousand times more accurate with this, LOL

Yeah, 'cuz it's only like, one of six tracks they have modelled right now. (As far as we know and they're willing to tell us)

With an explosion of GT3's, a touch of rally, and hardly any LMP's... I am definitely looking forward to this beta. Quite honestly, it's the only way we will know what they want for this game, because unlike other franchises, they are very vague in explaining things (in between reveal and release).

Latest Posts

Back