Gran Turismo Sport and TAG Heuer Partnership Announced

Hopefully they think about integrating an in race timing feature that will show you the gap to the car directly in front, and directly behind. Unless you are a front of pack racer, knowing the gap to the leader is a nice to have, not a need to have. That the timing interface is essentially carried over from the 'chase the rabbit' offline play is a bit lazy, IMO.

Also will be good if they can carry replay data out to the thousandths again, we've been having to use workaround tricks for time trials since the GT6 release.

Final point - I've always thought that if I was to buy a luxury watch it would be a TAG. I am hoping part of this partnership involves some sort of Gran Turismo edition watch. As long as it was done tastefully, I would have a hard time passing that up.

EDK
Hopefully they think about integrating an in race timing feature that will show you the gap to the car directly in front, and directly behind. Unless you are a front of pack racer, knowing the gap to the leader is a nice to have, not a need to have. That the timing interface is essentially carried over from the 'chase the rabbit' offline play is a bit lazy, IMO.

Also will be good if they can carry replay data out to the thousandths again, we've been having to use workaround tricks for time trials since the GT6 release.

Final point - I've always thought that if I was to buy a luxury watch it would be a TAG. I am hoping part of this partnership involves some sort of Gran Turismo edition watch. As long as it was done tastefully, I would have a hard time passing that up.

YOw9o2g.jpg

More to the point, hopefully the promise becomes a reality.

I've seen demo screen shots of Seattle from GT6 as well. Do we have Seattle?

Didn't think so.

Aren't sector times with delta's and potential best in TT a new feature?

TAG_Heur_GT_Sport_02_TimeTrial_01_1488531791.jpg
Well, we also had good clean sector times we could see in the timing screen on GT5. And then they decided to change them to hundredths on GT6, for no apparent reason.

I don't trust anything I see in demos, I will wait for the release to decide what they have or have not included.

I mean, at one point, they specifically told us there would be a direct upload to YouTube feature on GT5. Where is that?

EDK

Didn't think so.

Well, we also had good clean sector times we could see in the timing screen on GT5. And then they decided to change them to hundredths on GT6, for no apparent reason.

I don't trust anything I see in demos, I will wait for the release to decide what they have or have not included.

I mean, at one point, they specifically told us there would be a direct upload to YouTube feature on GT5. Where is that?

:confused:

:indiff:

:gtpflag:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you are showing me this. I tend to stay away from the hype of the demo screens, as I want to avoid disappointment when features that are shown do not make it to release.

But when I can have what you are describing on an android phone in my crappy real life race car, I think it belongs in the game.

EDK
These were GTPSP bullshots if I remember correctly, just like the pictures at El Capitan with the Corvette ZR-1.
EDK
Scrapped because of RAM limitations according to Yamauchi.

Scrapped because of RAM limitations according to Yamauchi.
Right, I understand that.

And they can start stripping features out of GTSport due to "limitations" as well.

That's the only point I am making. Just because you have seen it in a demo screen shot, or it's been promised, that does not mean it's actually going to happen.

But I am hopeful that a sponsorship partnership puts some pressure on them to have a timing interface that lives up to the name.

EDK

Didn't think so.

Everything you just asked for is shown in the photos provided for this announcement yet you decided to complain. What do Seattle and direct upload to YouTube have to do with this news article and information? I guess I'm surprised by a moderator derailing a thread before it really gets started.

I like the changes shown, especially if the OPT time shown is the optimal best lap best on your best sector splits. It also looks like we can use the D-Pad to scroll through more information while driving.

Everything you just asked for is shown in the photos provided for this announcement yet you decided to complain. What do Seattle and direct upload to YouTube have to do with this news article and information?

I like the changes shown, especially if the OPT time shown is the optimal best lap best on your best sector splits. It also looks like we can use the D-Pad to scroll through more information while driving.

I believe @EDK's point is that these are mock ups, nothing more. There were mock ups of the B-Spec menus in GT5 prior to release that didn't completely resemble the final product.

Considering the history of promised features that were cut for various reasons, I don't think it's unreasonable to temper expectations. Remember when the FIA championship launched in 2015? Me neither.

Then again, since this is so obviously a shrewd marketing-led partnership, I imagine the (likely) bags of money exchanged will ensure this gets a fair amount of attention. Like @EDK, I too would like to see more detailed timing information, for both offline and online use.

Everything you just asked for is shown in the photos provided for this announcement yet you decided to complain. What do Seattle and direct upload to YouTube have to do with this news article and information? I guess I'm surprised by a moderator derailing a thread before it really gets started.
My first post was really just to say, "I hope they include these features". Others quoted me and pasted in pictures.

I clarified my comments to say, "Yes, I understand that they have photos that are showing these features. But that does not necessarily mean you are going to get them".

What Seattle and YouTube have to do with my comments is that they correlate to promises made or implied by PD that were ultimately not realized.

So I guess my post(s) could be summarized as, "Wow, this looks great. I hope what they are showing us here actually makes it to the game."

I am NOT complaining, but when it comes to PD, I AM skeptical. Their track record has made me that way. My attitude with them is, "I'll believe it when I see it in the released game", and I think they have proven time and again that is a more healthy attitude to have than believing they will deliver everything they show.

Quick fix to not having the YouTube feature anymore:

Use the share button on your controller.

Or

If you're super serious into recording entire endurance races... buy a capture card.

9c9.gif

;)

If you can point me to the Share button on the DS3 that certainly would be a fix for not having the YouTube feature originally promised for a PS3 game. Yeah, it's no longer an issue for GT Sport — whenever it does release — but that wasn't really the point. The point is that it was a feature promised and then quietly cancelled.

Not to go too far off-topic, but the mention of a capture card got me wondering: what options are there out there for 4K recording on a PS4 Pro? Polyphony has made a big deal about the game's capabilities on the Pro, but will the average player be able to show that off?

I have an Elgato capable of full 1080P/60fps, and the Twitch app allows me to bypass that and stream (at a lower quality) on the XB1, but I haven't tried to do much with the PS4. Hmmm...

9c9.gif

;)

If you can point me to the Share button on the DS3 that certainly would be a fix for not having the YouTube feature originally promised for a PS3 game. Yeah, it's no longer an issue for GT Sport — whenever it does release — but that wasn't really the point. The point is that it was a feature promised and then quietly cancelled.

Not to go too far off-topic, but the mention of a capture card got me wondering: what options are there out there for 4K recording on a PS4 Pro? Polyphony has made a big deal about the game's capabilities on the Pro, but will the average player be able to show that off?

I have an Elgato capable of full 1080P/60fps, and the Twitch app allows me to bypass that and stream (at a lower quality) on the XB1, but I haven't tried to do much with the PS4. Hmmm...

Sorry, when I read the post about GT5 not getting the YouTube feature for replays, my mind must have read that in reverse 13375P34K.

PD sure like Brands...

Liking the extra timing info, looks like we're finally getting leaderboards a bit like GT5P. :)

Good to see likes the of Muhammad Ali and Manchester United mentioned in the game too.

Got me interested on what kind of Connected watch they come up with, might be a future buy.

Interesting. Wonder what Rolex thinks. ;)

However, it is good to be rolling out info like this. It takes a TOUCH of emphasis off of the lack of a release date.

Maybe they can build some momentum again.

We shall see.

Back