Gran Turismo Sport Car Count Changes Again, Now at 150+

I'm really happy to hear this... For years on end I had problems with the fact GT became a catalog of cars more than a racing game. It seemed like they just wanted to include 30 variants of the same cars to up the count without concern for the actual content.

Dropping down to a low car count using only cars that really deserve a place in a game like GT would be a huge step in the right direction.

If they can keep up this sort of effort I might consider going back to console gaming just to play GT again.

Highly probable that they will fill it up with a choice of Skylines and GTRs :)
giphy.gif

Since we're at 135 cars so far, even if the chances look somewhat slim, I sure hope the last few cars to be revealed to bring the car list to around the region of 150-159 would feature some real-world, modern day LMP1's to make the Gr. 1 class interesting (since it's currently dull at this point), so here are the LMP1's I'd want to see:

2010 LMP1's:
Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing Lola B09/60 '10
Audi #9 Audi Sport North America R15 TDI plus '10

2011 LMP1's:
Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR-One '11
Peugeot #7 Peugeot Team Total 908 '11

2012 LMP1's:
Audi #1 Audi Sport Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro '12

2015 LMP1's:
Audi #7 Audi Sport Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro '15
Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid '15
Toyota #1 Toyota Racing TS040 Hybrid '15

That's eight cars (135 + 8 = 143), so the remaining 7-16 cars should be something decent, hopefully they'll add the 918 Spyder (either standard or Weissach Package, doesn't really matter) and McLaren P1 to re-unite the hypercar holy trinity (since the LaFerrari is already confirmed), which is a big must for GT Sport, and not to mention even the Porsche Cayman GT4 as well. The 2017 Audi RS 5 Coupe looks quite likely to come since its commercial had GT-style countdown sounds as it was being tested in a drag race.

Last edited:
Since we're at 135 cars so far, even if the chances look somewhat slim, I sure hope the last few cars to be revealed to bring the car list to around the region of 150-159 would feature some real-world, modern day LMP1's to make the Gr. 1 class interesting (since it's currently dull at this point), so here are the LMP1's I'd want to see:

2010 LMP1's:

2011 LMP1's:

2012 LMP1's:

2015 LMP1's:

That's eight cars (135 + 8 = 143), so the remaining 7-16 cars should be something decent, hopefully they'll add the 918 Spyder (either standard or Weissach Package, doesn't really matter) and McLaren P1 to re-unite the hypercar holy trinity (since the LaFerrari is already confirmed), which is a big must for GT Sport, and not to mention even the Porsche Cayman GT4 as well. The 2017 Audi RS 5 looks quite likely to come since its commercial had GT-style countdown sounds as it was being tested in a drag race.
Would a 2016 LMP1 be possible or does Polyphony need about 2 years to acquire the license and model the cars?

2010 LMP1's:

2011 LMP1's:

2012 LMP1's:

2015 LMP1's:

That's eight cars (135 + 8 = 143), so the remaining 7-16 cars should be something decent, hopefully they'll add the 918 Spyder (either standard or Weissach Package, doesn't really matter) and McLaren P1 to re-unite the hypercar holy trinity, which is a big must for GT Sport, and not to mention even the Porsche Cayman GT4 as well.
Even if that is in your wish list or speculation I do not think they will even consider adding the TS040 hybrid given they already have the TS030 in their car list (though I do not understand why they did not go for the TS040 :irked:) but I could be wrong also..... I hope.

Well, well, well... so... only 150 whips for GTS, huh. Sounds like most of our favorites will be lost to never-look-back land. No Bspec, no course creator, no historic cars? Sounds like another abbreviated GT to me. Not to worry though, GT7 will have us rushing back to the game store for a more engaging experience. You know... a return to what we're used to. And I'm sure that wider tyres and certain Bspec options and replay editing will still be missing. How do I know? Because that's what I want them to do. Ok, forget all that. Just allow the car roll to a stop after running out of fuel and I'll be a happy race room camper. Want me jumping for joy? Let them suckers burn to a charred pile of roadside ash after making a terrible decision ;)

it's gonna be a big disappointment when we talk about quantity on GTS, but really I just can't ignore the quality. the best in this era IMO.

So the Group 3, 4, and B Rally variants are all considered different models? This car list is an embarrassment.

So the Group 3, 4, and B Rally variants are all considered different models? This car list is an embarrassment.
My only problem with it is that there aren't enough cars in the N class. We need more street legal cars. What I'm hoping is that throughout the game's life span, PD will release car packs that improve this, possibly introduce new racing classes like GT1 or NASCAR. As of now, the car list seems very, samey. There just needs to be more off a variety.

My only problem with it is that there aren't enough cars in the N class. We need more street legal cars. What I'm hoping is that throughout the game's life span, PD will release car packs that improve this, possibly introduce new racing classes like GT1 or NASCAR. As of now, the car list seems very, samey. There just needs to be more off a variety.

Yeah, that's my main issue with the different groups being a part of the already low car count. Much prefer road cars, and it doesn't seem like GTS will even have half of the premium road cars from GT5/6. Four years for this BS.

Of course they are. This is PD we're talking about. :lol:

And don't forget the safety cars also count as different models. And the shameless duplicates like the 2 BMW's M6 GT3 and the 2 Renault's R.S.01.

I wonder if they're gonna have Base Models too... :lol:

Also I think we are missing the lást winners from SEMA and Pebble beach,do we have a list of the lást winners??

I Just remember from SEMA the Datsun, a Mustang and from the concur the Aston Martin.

Dropping down to a low car count using only cars that really deserve a place in a game like GT would be a huge step in the right direction.

While I agree with the sentiment, 150 cars including dupes is really going to the opposite extreme. In a game with such limited content the gameplay has to be spectacular to prop it up. So far, I'm not seeing it.

But I think what will be a bigger problem is the limited track list. Limited cars people can deal with. Limited tracks gets very samey, very quickly.

Well 150 cars are fine but they aren't really 150 different cars are they? We get the same car within multiple categories. How many unique cars will actually be in there? 60 or 70 ?

Well this is a perspective thing isn't it? I presume you're saying, from a car collection POV, a Hyundai Genesis N300 isn't really different from a Hyundai Genesis Gr.4 or the Gr.3 version. Me, I look at them from a driving POV and I can assure you they each offer very different experiences.

Well this is a perspective thing isn't it? I presume you're saying, from a car collection POV, a Hyundai Genesis N300 isn't really different from a Hyundai Genesis Gr.4 or the Gr.3 version. Me, I look at them from a driving POV and I can assure you they each offer very different experiences.

I agree with you on that one. I wasn't talking about the difference in drive but simply the difference in model (design).

Everytime I play GT6 now I look at the Premium cars and many of the nicer tracks like Midfield, and I wonder 'Why would you let all this work go to waste?" Most of the premium cars work fine with 8th generation mesh quality-wise. Some of the earlier GT5 Prologue ones may need some minor touch ups though, but overall they'd still fit fine and not look to out-of-place as GT5/6 "standard" cars did.

Regardless of that, not much of a point throwing numbers around. It makes the company look as if they don't even know how much content is in the very game they spend hours of their lives developing and promoting. Just show us the complete list and stop playing us as fools.

Yes but the real question is? Would one of those 150+ cars be the :embarrassed: Nevermind :)
Premium Supra MkIV? Nah. Never. :lol:

Last edited:
Of course they are. This is PD we're talking about. :lol:

And don't forget the safety cars also count as different models. And the shameless duplicates like the 2 BMW's M6 GT3 and the 2 Renault's R.S.01.

I wonder if they're gonna have Base Models too... :lol:

While I do agree the M6 GT3s are Basically the same car with only some parts to seperate them (Louvers and endurance lights for instance), Its worth pointing out the Renault R.S.0.1. are in real life considered two different cars by Renault themselves. One a "Road car" (Despite the Rear wing and lack of anything remotely "Road" Related) and the other a slightly detuned Spec car for GT3 specs (which just reeks of Ratel and the FIA turning a blind eye) .

Not to worry though, GT7 will have us rushing back to the game store for a more engaging experience. ;)

Didn't Kaz confirm this game might as well be called GT7 and a GT7 isn't coming? Or are you just saying the following GT game will bring you back?

Everytime I play GT6 now I look at the Premium cars and many of the nicer tracks like Midfield, and I wonder 'Why would you let all this work go to waste?" Most of the premium cars work fine with 8th generation mesh quality-wise. Some of the earlier GT5 Prologue ones may need some minor touch ups though, but overall they'd still fit fine and not look to out-of-place as GT5/6 "standard" cars did.

They're really good at wasting the content they shouldn't and reusing the content they should trash.

Didn't Kaz confirm this game might as well be called GT7 and a GT7 isn't coming? Or are you just saying the following GT game will bring you back?
Definitely interested in a full GT experience. Sport, imho, is not. Though I do understand that Kaz may abandon the series' encyclopedic aspect. I have yet to hear that he has.

Kaz described this game as a fresh start for GT and a mainline game. If it proves successful, we'll see GT: S 2 rather than GT7 which is why I low-key hope this game won't be as successful as they hope. I trully miss classic GT and having it gone for good is not good for the diversity of genre either.

I always thought of GT as a driving game rather than just a racing one. You could drive anything from old-timers to hyper cars.

Kaz described this game as a fresh start for GT and a mainline game. If it proves successful, we'll see GT: S 2 rather than GT7 which is why I low-key hope this game won't be as successful as they hope. I trully miss classic GT and having it gone for good is not good for the diversity of genre either.

I always thought of GT as a driving game rather than just a racing one. You could drive anything from old-timers to hyper cars.
If this game does do well, I'll be glad, but also a bit worried. As much as I am okay with this new direction, I don't want the old formula to go anywhere.

I would have been fine with it if GT: Sports was a spin-off and it came somewhat close after GT6, like 2 years after at most. And if I knew the classic GT we all know and love is still coming, preferably before the new generation. But having this after 4 years of wait and the realisation that it'll almost certainly be the only GT game on PS4 is a bit disappointing.

It's ironic, but it appears Forza and GT switched their philosophies.

From which perspective something like GT6 or FM7 has several tens of thousands of "unique" cars to drive. Which just isn't the case.

The reality is that the dupes in GTS aren't completely without value, they do add some different experiences. But at the same time, it's much more limited than a game like GT3 that has near 150 unique cars.

Latest Posts

Back