Gran Turismo Sport Car Count Changes Again, Now at 150+

Well more cars are always welcome. This is good news. I do hope though with all this fuss over Porsche finally being represented in GT that it isn't just going to be the GT3RS. That would just seem a bit silly.

I mean if they modelled that, then I'm hoping at least they might have a GT3 Cup version or Carrera S or turbo perhaps. With no hints as of yet, I don't know whether they're holding off so it's a surprise or that's it. Hoping it's the former.

But the fact it mentions its a mix of race and road cars is nice. 👍

Just one or two more tracks would be great too, if they could squeeze any in, in time. Highly doubt it, just wishful thinking.

They could have ported a lot more of GT6 cars, I think this will be done in next months after game release.
Car models are fantastic for a ps3 game, or also better than some ps4 models, with features like adaptive tesselation.
Hope they will do it, because there are a lot of great cars which deserve to be in GT Sport with a realistic engine sound.

What number is correct? We've seen and heard so many conflicting things about the car list it's not funny. Set the record straight instead of changing it all the bloody time! It's very annoying for those who want to buy the game.

How bout more 70s/80s road cars?

I believe Kaz Yamauchi said they wanted to focus on recent cars first, and that it'd be completely possible for older cars to be added in the future. Maybe with dedicated groups or events *hope*

tenor.gif

One thing that I wasn't looking forward to with GTS was the focus on modern racing cars. In previous GT editions, the racing cars all felt very similar to me, no doubt due to downforce and racing tyres etc. However, having played the beta, there is a lot more character to each car.

How bout more 70s/80s road cars?

My sentiments exactly. I fear that the cars I like to drive the most aren't ever included in GTS. All we've seen until now are modern cars, of which many may be nice - but they simply don't offer the same feeling as pushing a Lamborghini Miura or a Porsche 911 G-Model through tight corners of a race track. Also - I really wish they'd at least include a nice modeled Caterham 7 to GTS - because that's one of the very rare 'modern' production cars coming with that pure mechanical handling and driving experience.

They don't.

"The cars are tube-frame, silhouette racing cars similar to those seen in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM)."

"In October 2012 a cooperation deal was signed in Tokyo. The agreement regarding the use of the "New DTM" regulations by Japan's Super GT begins in 2014 and runs – for the time being – for four years."

:odd: I think the deal is still alive

My sentiments exactly. I fear that the cars I like to drive the most aren't ever included in GTS. All we've seen until now are modern cars, of which many may be nice - but they simply don't offer the same feeling as pushing a Lamborghini Miura or a Porsche 911 G-Model through tight corners of a race track. Also - I really wish they'd at least include a nice modeled Caterham 7 to GTS - because that's one of the very rare 'modern' production cars coming with that pure mechanical handling and driving experience.

Good points . All this modern stuff is good but what many of us want is all the cars we grew up with. Or for some of us the legends that we hear wild stories of.
As for the caterham 7 I just hope they give us one with a proper engine this time . I've helped with a few bike engined 7s and all but one have eventually swapped back to a normal car engine.

What number is correct?
In all likelihood, none of them. Even the boxes for the Gran Turismo games don't have accurate car counts.

Although I think they've all said 'more than' or 'nnn+' so far, so they may all end up being right.

Highly probable that they will fill it up with a choice of Skylines and GTRs :)

....I know this post was written to "lighten up" the mood but really, I don't think so. We know quite a few of what the 150+ cars are already, thanks to the Master car and track list. And I see no indication that we'll be bombarded with photocopied Skylines in this game.

I hope that at least we can get N groups for the R34, RX-7 and Supra, also I think we are missing RUF and Cadillac form the list of confirmed manufacturers right?

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Michael Leary (@Terronium-12) on July 17th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
At 700 and counting Forza 7's team must be having a good laugh at that number.

Caterhams yes, even a modern interpretation like this one will be ok with me.

Caterham-Lotus-7-Custom-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back