Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
I guess people just get 3 random cars at the beginning.
I asked a question about this, in the PCars 2 thread. Wondering if the beta testers are given a handful of cars or random cars/tracks.

The beta testers have access to everything. Some cars are more polished than others. So, I wonder how close can PD be. If SMS are testing from a while ago, to polish things up for Septemberish, can PD even make December?

I asked a question about this, in the PCars 2 thread. Wondering if the beta testers are given a handful of cars or random cars/tracks.

The beta testers have access to everything. Some cars are more polished than others. So, I wonder how close can PD be. If SMS are testing from a while ago, to polish things up for Septemberish, can PD even make December?

SMS are in a unique position of giving investors very very early access.

From Gran Turismo's Facebook page:
For the initial closed beta, people who were selected will be notified the next time they log onto the PS4.

Sounds like anyone that has not got an invite yet did not make the first round.

New streamer

DualShock :(
another one.jpg

So I'm not at home, but I have the PS4 app so I would have gotten a notification if I got the beta right?

From Gran Turismo's Facebook page:

Sounds like anyone that has not got an invite yet did not make the first round.
Geez, kinda wimpy start. Wonder how many people actually got codes... funny that one guy got a code without signing up.

And the hell is with this NDA?

Trying to find one of these streams that are moving slowly through the settings menu.
They all seem to rush to race.

You basically insulted someone for using aids (which is likely the exact crowd that'll be playing as oppose to just experienced Sim racers). That didn't at all look like you were "Giving tips" so much as you were naming reasons to call him "lame".

You honestly give off a very snobby vibe with posts like this everytime someone who isn't a longtime sim racer plays this game.

:odd: What?!! edit First, I didn't insult him. He is lame in the game. He admits it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Second, I didn't say every single one that use aids is a bad driver. But normally, they are.

Third, I don't know, then I dont care why you say that.

@SlimCharles Of course it is possible to find examples of thumbs through the wheel, but you will also find a lot of examples of thumbs on the wheel instead. No sweat off my back if you can't see that. To me, PD did a good job with hand position.

I can't see that because you didn't show any evidence. Show me that example of a racing driver with its thumbs not through the wheel when racing.

Last edited:
I can't see that because you didn't show any evidence. Show me that example of a racing driver with its thumbs not through the wheel when racing.

Again, I think you are missing the point. I am saying that both styles are used widely. To say you can't control a car without your thumb wrapped around the wheel is just close-minded. If you really need to get that much torque out of the wheel it implies you don't have the car under your control, and that you are trying to force it to do something it doesn't want to. You can be a very fast and very safe driver without wrapping your thumbs around the wheel. That said, due to ergonomics of human hands it is most comfortable to wrap your thumb around the wheel, which is why it is so common. The entire point of my argument is that PD did a fine job modeling hands on the wheel, but it seems you think I am trying to argue that it is wrong for drivers to put their thumbs around the wheel.

Examples:
My driving instructor in the Advanced ///M Driving School, Johnathan, with his thumbs 'on' the wheel.
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 4.59.53 PM.png

Chris Harris driving the M2 on Top gear with his thumbs 'on' the wheel.
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 5.01.19 PM.png

If you still need more examples, than I have given up with this argument, and you can 'win'.

:odd: What?!! edit First, I didn't insult him. He is lame in the game. He admits it.

You're missing the point. Wasn't about how bad he was, it was about you for some reason feeling compelled to make a big deal out of him not being good (Which shouldn't be a surprise because today is literally the first time he played the game).

Second, I didn't said every single one that use aids is a bad driver. But normally, they are.

Which again, you for some reason are making a big deal out of when aids have been in this game (and every other one) for quite some time

Third, I don't know, then I dont care why you say that.

Because you do this almost every time there is a video of someone not doing so well as if you expect perfect driving when there isn't. Its like you completely miss the point of this game being pitched as something that's for everyone, Which means it again isn't restricted to strictly sim racers.

There is damage in GT Sport! (partially)

gtsportdmg_zpsb75kq4zv.png

Look at the GT-R's rear bumper...

gtsportdmg2_zpstpwvpwxc.png

The Chasis dents upon contact or you can say the paint peels off too.

Also we have sparks.

I'd say we can expect a comprehensible level of damage in the full game, but who knows.
At least the sounds are good now :D, hearing crackles and pops in GT is a first.

Nissan Nismo Gt-R GT3 is playable in-beta

Simply couldn't watch this. Just ruins It for me. Awful commentary & His idea of testing the BETA By ramming his car Into Walls Redlining Just makes me cringe. I hope those that are In are enjoying It though. Very lucky souls! :)

I wish I could talk about the beta, but I'm worried I could be removed from the beta if I start talking about it. Sorry everyone. I will say one thing, however. I'm pleasantly surprised by everything that I've seen so far.

I think it's fine to talk about basic stuff like sound, physics, and visual? I mean they've already shown the game in public events and people are already livestreaming the beta.

I wish I could talk about the beta, but I'm worried I could be removed from the beta if I start talking about it. Sorry everyone. I will say one thing, however. I'm pleasantly surprised by everything that I've seen so far.

Considering there's literally multiple streams going on (with none of them being taken down by Sony), I don't think there's any reason to be afraid of talk about it.

Considering there's literally multiple streams going on (with none of them being taken down by Sony), I don't think there's any reason to be afraid of talk about it.

So much for their so-called NDA then...

There is damage in GT Sport! (partially)

Look at the GT-R's rear bumper...

gtsportdmg2_zpstpwvpwxc.png

The Chasis dents upon contact or you can say the paint peels off too.

Also we have sparks.

I'd say we can expect a comprehensible level of damage in the full game, but who knows.
At least the sounds are good now :D, hearing crackles and pops in GT is a first.
I've noticed this before, I've been looking for other instances apart from this one and I've failed to find another car with damage.

Back