Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Closed beta with strict NDA a year after we were supposed to get an open beta and 6 months after we were supposed to get the game?

What the hell happened or how delusional was PD about how much progress they were making/made?
Indeed it is pretty underwhelming for a first party studio like that to take almost 4 years to come up with a demo.

This is an interesting development :). I look forward to reading the reviews of those of you lucky enough to try it out. It's going to make or break my decision making about finally setting some cash aside for the PS upgrade.

Clearly you haven't read it. The time zones in the US work better for the development team, which is located in Tokyo. They picked US first to make the hours on them easier because, you know, they have lives too.
Ah silly me i forgot that PD works only from 9 to 5.

Clearly you haven't read it. The time zones in the US work better for the development team, which is located in Tokyo. They picked US first to make the hours on them easier because, you know, they have lives too.

...As a counter argument, I could say the time zones make it ideal to let the Asian and Australian gamers have the first dip, since it'll match with Japanese times better than the US time zones.

You shouldn't believe everything PDI says.

Edited to change some wording.

No one HAS EVER broke a NDA
I agree, however, the poster I replied to was talking about making a big investment based on people's opinion. Snippets outside of an NDA might not be the best source to base such a decision.

Come on, guys. It's not US only, it's US first.
79164210-9703-4f9f-80ef-ef3d1465d4b2.gif

...As a counter argument, I could say the time zones make it ideal to let the Asian and Australian gamers have the first dip, since it'll match with Japanese times better than the US time zones.

Fair enough.

Release will be sooner then you expect. Don't worry.

You know that it is difficult to believe that. The beta is news but not that big and why not going simple and sort out a public démo? There is literally nothing new in terms of content and features besides the Fittipaldi car. After 4 years development they bring out a beta that was promised more than a year ago and got cancelled for development reasons.

I can't wrap my head behind what PD is thinking. Play dead for months and months, no communication and now we should be grateful for a beta? So damn shameful and even disrespectful towards the fans. They haven't done themselves any favors with this.

If they announced some serious new content with a new trailer and a proper release date it would have been in pd's favor. Even giving an explanation to say: hey fans it takes longer than we expected because of this and this but here is a public démo to keep you going until the end of the year.

The announcement of only the beta does leave a taste in my mouth they take the players for fools and it doesn't exactly give a lot of confidence in their progress.

I hope I am wrong but for the moment I'll stick with a 2018 release.

Situation around PD and GT is taking ridiculous forms.

I appreciate your investment and hints you shared :cheers:

Last edited:

While they sleep US gamers can play, so when they go into work the next day they can pour over the data!

Highest activity time is between 6pm-12am. That makes the US sync with their work hours.
Asia/Oceania doesn't.

Last edited:
Back