Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
This is big news, I only wish it actually meant something, since the last time we were supposed to get our hands on GT Sport we got an indefinite delay instead!

Last edited:
Should have been an open beta. They should also have at least added another new track or 2 rather than give Brands Hatch, Big Willow and Tokyo Expressway again.
"Participants will be able to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the Beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans!"

I just hope the beta isn't online only and can be played in Single Player mode too. I don't really wanna spend money on PS+ for an account I'll only use once.

I just hope the beta isn't online only and can be played in Single Player mode too. I don't really wanna spend money on PS+ for an account I'll only use once.
I'm pretty sure it will be online only to stress test the server side.

tfw you see the news and you're trying to make a US PSN asap

IMG_6750.JPG

IIRC, if you haven't bought PS+ on the account yet, you should be able to get the 2 week trial.

...Well, at least people will get to play it. So that's a good news.

Yeah SOME thats by far not everybody. I woult be more pleased with Porsche as the big news.... a closed beta for few en just US is just another letdown en what aboit a bete is 3months deleay? 2018 release?

"Participants will be able to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the Beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans!"
"This beta test will allow us to identify issues which may be exploitable for competitive gain. For example, shortcuts, individual cars that are too fast for their class and erroneous penalties. Once identified, we will either do nothing to address the issues or make changes that exacerbate them."

To be fair it was explained why US was chosen as phase 1, after doing a beta in china while based in the U.K. I totally understand...

Also I think that video is the openzing cutscene for the beta?

This was the big news? Its crap because its not for everybody....

Just give me Porsche and a release

I don't understand that. You want an online focused game without testing the server at all? This is a good news, because PD might fix all issues and complaints before releasing the game. It is little too late, but better than nothing, lol.

Could the trailer annonce the cars that will be playable during the Beta ?

We could all different class in the trailer and principally :
Gr1 (TS030),
Gr3 (SLS AMG GT3, Mustang Gr3, Alfa Romeo 4C Gr3),
Gr4 (AR 4C GT4),
Gr.B (Mustang Rally)

Because yes there is no reason to post another "remake" trailer that has be seen before ..

It says "Opening Movie" so it is what you get as the beta intro. Finished game will have more variety of scenes, cars, tracks as we know in every GT opening.
And Daiki Kasho... if they use him again as the opening soundtrack :lol:

As the car selection, it is not depends on what car appeared in trailer. As a beta there is could be some hidden cars or content that is still in testing phase.

It says "Opening Movie" so it is what you get as the beta intro. Finished game will have more variety of scenes, cars, tracks as we know in every GT opening.

As the car selection, it is not depends on what car appeared in trailer. As a beta there is could be some hidden cars or content that is still in testing phase.
It will change during the beta
"Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans"

I agree with you but, why post a trailer that has be already seen 2 or 3 times ...

"Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans"

-Brands hatch Indy
-Brands hatch GP
-Tokyo Expressway
-Willow springs
-Willow springs short
-The ring

:D

Back