Gran Turismo Sport Confirmed as PlayStation 5 Compatible Title

Yep, tested GTS on the PS5.
It's taken an age, but all set up now.

Here's a brief report:
Both disc and digital versions all clear regarding the PS5.
Loading my save file from the server works fine. And the save is exactly as it should be.
The (amazing) new controller works, but adds nothing to GTS. If anything it may have a weird bias to only vibrate on the left side (buggy?). And no haptic feedback.
I don't use a controller so there's not much more I can say regarding any differences.

Everything in-game functions is as if on the PS4.
The PS4 Pro 'quality' or 'performance' option in the GTS menus is obviously not available.
The console itself has similar options in the general settings, but nothing specific to GTS that I found either on the console or in-game GTS.
I'm not the right person to make calls regarding graphics or frame rate improvements, so I'll leave that up to others.
I've simply set the console to 'performance'.

As for game play, everything works as it does on the PS4.
All DLC is fine, including Lewis Hamilton.
Can enter Sport Mode races and TT's.
Can create and/or join public lobbies.
All friends and regional/global ranking boards load as they should.

Got all my equipment to work.
'4k', HDR, sound bar, headphones with optical out (via TV), snowball mic., etc.
That also includes using my non-official steering wheel and pedals via a Drivehub.

So, all in all I've found no issues. 👍

Great to have the confirmation.

Now I wonder if tomorrow's update will bring any PS5 enhancments.

Yep, tested GTS on the PS5.
It's taken an age, but all set up now.

Here's a brief report:
Both disc and digital versions all clear regarding the PS5.
Loading my save file from the server works fine. And the save is exactly as it should be.
The (amazing) new controller works, but adds nothing to GTS. If anything it may have a weird bias to only vibrate on the left side (buggy?). And no haptic feedback.
I don't use a controller so there's not much more I can say regarding any differences.

Everything in-game functions is as if on the PS4.
The PS4 Pro 'quality' or 'performance' option in the GTS menus is obviously not available.
The console itself has similar options in the general settings, but nothing specific to GTS that I found either on the console or in-game GTS.
I'm not the right person to make calls regarding graphics or frame rate improvements, so I'll leave that up to others.
I've simply set the console to 'performance'.

As for game play, everything works as it does on the PS4.
All DLC is fine, including Lewis Hamilton.
Can enter Sport Mode races and TT's.
Can create and/or join public lobbies.
All friends and regional/global ranking boards load as they should.

Got all my equipment to work.
'4k', HDR, sound bar, headphones with optical out (via TV), snowball mic., etc.
That also includes using my non-official steering wheel and pedals via a Drivehub.

So, all in all I've found no issues. 👍

Thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing tomorrow's update will fix a couple of bugs mentioned with the controller and possibly some performance/quality option like on the PS4 Pro.

Which wheel do you have?
It's a Fanatec CS V2.5 with V3 pedals.
Do the cars bought for real money or the Cars Purchased icon, appear in Brand Central and your Garage?
Sorry mate, I don't know. I don't think I've actually spent money buying a car to test that.

And an update after an attempt at a race night.
All bad news. :(

Not a GTS thing but game audio plus voice chat has limitations with my wireless optical headset.
And the Drivehub isn't going as smooth as I suspected.
It does work, but it seems only for a limited time.
For whatever reason it works fine for about 5 mins., then the DS4 seems to drop out and the wheel is dead in the water.

All I've done so far is plug and play everything, so I need to investigate further looking for possible firmware updates etc.

I use a Fanatec CSW V2 with a Drivehub as well, so this is great to hear! 👍
Well ... you may need to hold that thought.

My testing with more driving has failed so far.
I cannot get the DS4 associated with the Drivehub to stay active.
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm seriously running out of things to try.

Back