Gran Turismo Sport Confirmed as PlayStation 5 Compatible Title

After standing Not in the List of Not compatible PS4 games, That was for me nearly. This comfirmation seems for me like forza with horizon 4 -> no new game in reach..
But i hope so, we will get still a Bit More contentent, after the Last tracks Last year... of course, it gets older and they work mostly at GT7, but that sucks a bit.

Last edited:
It was expected, and great news. It would be great if PD open the VR mode to all the game until GT7 and PSVR2 :)

IMO this doesn't affect the GT7 launch date at all, as 99% PS4 titles are compatible with PS5.

Maybe with PS5 launch PD will bring some new GT Sport content for both consoles in order to celebrate this new era and to motivate GT Sport sales on PS5...

Last edited:
But how GT Sport take benefit with PS5 capabilities if already the game run in 60FPS/HDR maybe full 4K and no more?

The sad part is, apparently GT7 looks far for release

Last edited:
But how GT Sport is benefit with PS5 capabilities if already the game run in 60FPS/HDR maybe full 4K and no more?

It can be : higher distance view (in front and in car mirrors) , less tesselation (dropping down poligons at far distances) higher resolutions in reflections and more frame rate for reflections (30 fps in ps4 for the moment I think)

Also higher shadow resolutions in exterior and interior view, better anti-aliasing, etc
More details and more cars at the same time in VR mode...

But theese improvements need at least a small update I think, in order to unblock the limits done for PS4 and PS4 pro.

Last edited:
This confirmation also serves to confirm that GT7 is coming later rather than sooner.

This means GT7 does not come out before Christmas 2021.

It really doesn't... This just means that GT Sport will work on PS5, just like 99% of other PS4 games. PD doesn't have to do anything for this. There is no word about them updating GT Sport to utilise the PS5s features or anything like that. This has zero impact on GT7.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for featuring my picture! Never happened to me before, so this means a lot.

A little disappointed there is still no info if GTS performance will be improved for PS5. I don't like the secrecy, although I shouldn't expect anything more at this point.

Last edited:
Just be ready when GT7 comes out and GT Sport becomes a paperweight because Sony shut the servers down.
PD could possibly put a patch in to allow offline saves at that time because there'll be no more need to stop online cheating. Edit: There won't be much of the actual game left though without the online portion.

But how GT Sport take benefit with PS5 capabilities if already the game run in 60FPS/HDR maybe full 4K and no more?
It could possibly make use of the 3D sound and haptic feedback for the controller.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-is-a-completely-different-experience-with-the-new-ps5-controller/

Last edited:
The first official backwards compatible Gran Turismo game. Too bad there was no official PS3-4 release of Gran Turismo 3-4.
What about Gran Turismo 1-2 on PS2 and PS3? Or 3-4 on first batch PS3s?

PD could possibly put a patch in to allow offline saves at that time because there'll be no more need to stop online cheating.
I hope that would be the case. But I'm already buying all the cars, just in case.

Last edited:
But you'll still be online. The game will play the exact same on PS5 as it did on PS4
What I'm saying is, cars bought in Brand Central, remain usable when servers are down. The cars bought for real money are not selectable. It's something that should be addressed. I'm sure since the cars are already in the game( except the Gr.4 Supra), PD could flick a switch to convert PStore cars to "ingame" cars.

While we wait for GT7, it would probably be beneficial for PD to optimize GTS like what's being done for FH4. They could probably squeeze out some more sales that way with new advertising. But I wonder if there would be any immediate improvements without any optimization.

This one a bit tricky. You need PS+ to play GTS online and that's a revenue stream they wouldn't want to lose. At the same time you want people to buy GT7 and transition over.

Personally I think majority will be happy to get on GT7 in 2022 so that's not a problem :lol:

Back