Gran Turismo Sport Confirmed as PlayStation 5 Compatible Title

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 19, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. barak181

barak181

This confirmation also serves to confirm that GT7 is coming later rather than sooner.

Ddkklop, Boston77, TypeOne and 16 others like this.
  3. alex511

alex511

After standing Not in the List of Not compatible PS4 games, That was for me nearly. This comfirmation seems for me like forza with horizon 4 -> no new game in reach..
    But i hope so, we will get still a Bit More contentent, after the Last tracks Last year... of course, it gets older and they work mostly at GT7, but that sucks a bit.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  4. oneloops

oneloops

It was expected, and great news. It would be great if PD open the VR mode to all the game until GT7 and PSVR2 :)

IMO this doesn't affect the GT7 launch date at all, as 99% PS4 titles are compatible with PS5.

Maybe with PS5 launch PD will bring some new GT Sport content for both consoles in order to celebrate this new era and to motivate GT Sport sales on PS5...

Ddkklop, TypeOne, IXON009 and 14 others like this.
  5. klondike

klondike

And update with VR for all game modes would so sick :-)

Unlikely to happend though. Best hope that GT7 will fully support PSVR.

6. Jay84

Jay84

Just be ready when GT7 comes out and GT Sport becomes a paperweight because Sony shut the servers down.

racingmaster7 and Kuraudo like this.
  7. karelpipa

karelpipa

This means GT7 does not come out before Christmas 2021.

fastone371 likes this.
  8. juanffy18

juanffy18

But how GT Sport take benefit with PS5 capabilities if already the game run in 60FPS/HDR maybe full 4K and no more?

The sad part is, apparently GT7 looks far for release

fastone371 and cosme like this.
  9. oneloops

oneloops

It can be : higher distance view (in front and in car mirrors) , less tesselation (dropping down poligons at far distances) higher resolutions in reflections and more frame rate for reflections (30 fps in ps4 for the moment I think)

Also higher shadow resolutions in exterior and interior view, better anti-aliasing, etc
    More details and more cars at the same time in VR mode...

But theese improvements need at least a small update I think, in order to unblock the limits done for PS4 and PS4 pro.

10. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

It really doesn't... This just means that GT Sport will work on PS5, just like 99% of other PS4 games. PD doesn't have to do anything for this. There is no word about them updating GT Sport to utilise the PS5s features or anything like that. This has zero impact on GT7.

11. cosme

cosme

Wow, thank you for featuring my picture! Never happened to me before, so this means a lot.

A little disappointed there is still no info if GTS performance will be improved for PS5. I don't like the secrecy, although I shouldn't expect anything more at this point.

12. Volksauto

Volksauto

The first official backwards compatible Gran Turismo game. Too bad there was no official PS3-4 release of Gran Turismo 3-4.

Ddkklop, equalitus, I-Runner and 2 others like this.
  13. NoStopN

NoStopN

I was telling a buddy that I expect cross generational play between PS4 & 5 for game titles. So if any of my friends are playing GTS on PS5, my crashes will look even better. :lol:

14. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Different machines though wernt they, the ps5 is just a beefier ps4 really i suppose....

Ddkklop, Volksauto and Auto motors like this.
  15. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

PD could possibly put a patch in to allow offline saves at that time because there'll be no more need to stop online cheating. Edit: There won't be much of the actual game left though without the online portion.

It could possibly make use of the 3D sound and haptic feedback for the controller.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-is-a-completely-different-experience-with-the-new-ps5-controller/

equalitus and oneloops like this.
  16. Sir Chadwick

Sir Chadwick

will the gt sport disc work on the ps5 im sure it will cus i got the game so it should be ok :D

17. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

It won't if you get the PS5 without a disc drive. ;)

imported_rik19 likes this.
  18. true_kiat

true_kiat

What about Gran Turismo 1-2 on PS2 and PS3? Or 3-4 on first batch PS3s?

I hope that would be the case. But I'm already buying all the cars, just in case.

19. Volksauto

Volksauto

I know the early PS3s were backwards compatible. But the majority of PS3 owners don’t have that luxury.

20. 05XR8

05XR8

Speaking of cars, wonder how this will work for cars bought in the PStore.

21. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Transition should be seemless. Same save, same DLC, same everything.

equalitus likes this.
  22. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

Its not exactly a surprise is it, all but 8 PS4 games work on PS5.

23. true_kiat

true_kiat

All PS3s can play PS1 games.
    So, what about GT1-2 on PS2-3?

24. Volksauto

Volksauto

I honestly never knew that. I can see the PS2 doing that but I never would have thought you could play PS1 games on a PS3. I stand corrected.

true_kiat likes this.
  25. 05XR8

05XR8

Those cars can't be used offline though.

equalitus likes this.
  26. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

But you'll still be online. The game will play the exact same on PS5 as it did on PS4

27. 05XR8

05XR8

What I'm saying is, cars bought in Brand Central, remain usable when servers are down. The cars bought for real money are not selectable. It's something that should be addressed. I'm sure since the cars are already in the game( except the Gr.4 Supra), PD could flick a switch to convert PStore cars to "ingame" cars.

cosme and AgentBlackDog like this.
  28. JTB10000

JTB10000

While we wait for GT7, it would probably be beneficial for PD to optimize GTS like what's being done for FH4. They could probably squeeze out some more sales that way with new advertising. But I wonder if there would be any immediate improvements without any optimization.

cosme likes this.
  29. TurismoBad

TurismoBad

This one a bit tricky. You need PS+ to play GTS online and that's a revenue stream they wouldn't want to lose. At the same time you want people to buy GT7 and transition over.

Personally I think majority will be happy to get on GT7 in 2022 so that's not a problem :lol:

30. Auditore

Auditore

Like gt3 i would expect gt7 to come a year after the launch of the console with sport getting updates to build hype for gt7(hopefully).