Gran Turismo Sport Could (Finally) Get More Wet Weather Tracks

hmmm... I'was hoping for more than 4 cars, but the Clio and the Z28 should be fun.

Am I right in thinking that only the Z28 has been super premium before?

He does say "maybe part 1/2" so... maybe there's more? Unless he's just screwing with us. :P

Finally, the Ford Raptor now has a suitable rival: the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro.
Toypota is going to have more up their sleeve. Seriously. now I'm expecting the Supra GT4 and Supra GT500 cars at some point. Maybe not the GR Super Sport Hypercar, but the other two. Nice work.

I was also thinking about the Clio Racing Modification version from GT5 Prologue. Nice addition.

Camaro finally. Some "real" Trans Am racing series now. Who's in for the Challenger, Camaro and Shelby Mustang? Add the FuguZ, 2000GT, E-Type and Mini. :)

Reflection mapping takes up a lot of CPU power, so I really don't know how they're going to do this without compromising system performance. At the moment there is noticeable stuttering when driving with in-car view under certain conditions, & I'd hate to imagine how much worse this will be with a wet track & 20 cars reflections in it. They already are pushing the PS4 to the limit, & slightly beyond, as they usually do, so I'd be interested to see how they achieve this. I hope I'm wrong...

VBR
Reflection mapping takes up a lot of CPU power, so I really don't know how they're going to do this without compromising system performance. At the moment there is noticeable stuttering when driving with in-car view under certain conditions, & I'd hate to imagine how much worse this will be with a wet track & 20 cars reflections in it. They already are pushing the PS4 to the limit, & slightly beyond, as they usually do, so I'd be interested to see how they achieve this. I hope I'm wrong...
Well, first we need to try it. We can't analyze the problem of something we don't know yet :)

Looks amazing.

VBR

It's just a matter of memory management, freeing up memory access to be able to do more, and they had almost 2 years of revamping code and polishing for weather. Reflections, especially screen space, are actually pretty cheap to render. It's all of the particle and smoke/mist effects that's graphically intensive, but the game already had pretty good smoke effects.

Will we get like a full cycle of 24 h? That would be really cool. And i think its not that difficult to make i guess...

Nope. The global illumination is pre-baked with ray-traced lightmaps that took hours to render offline. They would have to downgrade the GI and rewrite their lighting system while trying to keep the framerate up. At this point in GTS lifespan, I'd rather they just focus on getting dynamic time with good GI for the more powerful PS5 releasing next year, and PD are no doubt already working on a GT7.

Back