Gran Turismo Sport End of Life Announced for January 31 2024

• Thread starter Famine
  • 357 comments
Is there any official sources for this information?

With how tone deaf PD are I reckon they'll be no offline mode and they'll just switch the game off next year with some excuse about licences expiring.

Porting the liveries to a different game is not silly, but come on, itā€™s not like the old games where you can continue to buy racing modifications in different colors.

How about players that bought cars with real money? Do those cars get added to the game or do those players have now grind to collect the cars they didnā€™t buy with in game credits?

A great game but as mentioned it has been properly replaced by GT7 and as such has little to no relevance right now. Expected and inevitable. Thanks for the lovely memories!
I feel the opposite. I don't think GT7 properly replaced GTS, especially considering the amount of singleplayer events in GTS.

It's kinda sad. This "structured singleplayer league" wasn't even the focus of GTS and yet it did a better job than GT7:
LJRutVR.jpg
vDPUtiQ.jpg

wqS0Z9u.jpg
CpEdfcb.jpg

Even though the game is still plagued by the usual quick 3-lap races, at least it looks more beautiful with those nice backgrounds :lol:
Sju1AnM.jpg
YLGYiWD.jpg

If only GT Sport had GT Auto, the Tuning Shop and Missions...

Damn. That's the third worse GT game (GT6 and GT7 being the worst)
What gt7 is by far better than sport in most ways,

this was to be expected the focus should stay with gt7 to hopefully get it to state it could be, if they just sorted out the issues with things like single player economy, invites it would be the best gt game to date

i have not touch sport since gt7 come out and see no reason why i should

Last edited:
Bittersweet but expected.

After GT7 came out and Iā€™d got the Platinum, I went back to GT Sport having not been too enthused by Sport mode at launch, and sat down wondering whether I could finish it too.

Over the past few years I grew to love (and hate) Sport mode, eventually getting the 322 races done earlier this summer, having got the wins and poles last year. Will be sad to see this one go like GT5 and GT6 before it. Guess I better look through the liveries while I still can.

Still a great run for a game I think most of us thought would be shut down before the end of last year.

Last edited:
PD should seriously patch the liveries and make them locally saved and patch the mileage exchange so everything is available offline. I mean losing decals is one thing, I can live with that, but losing access to the entire livery editor is just a poo emoji move.

Last edited:
I feel the opposite. I don't think GT7 properly replaced GTS, especially considering the amount of singleplayer events in GTS.

It's kinda sad. This "structured singleplayer league" wasn't even the focus of GTS and yet it did a better job than GT7
Did it though? I mean yes it had an actual structured Single player mode but let's be frank, it was not that much different from what GT7 has now: Dumb AI that you constantly have to start behind (with no option to qualify, as usual) and who's spacial awareness barely exists if at all. Don't know if I would necessarily call it "better" just because it looks slightly more like the single player of old.

Last edited:
I'm actually positively encouraged by the fact that they are making changes so that the game remains playable and that honestly assuage one of my main fears with continuing to support GT, I was kinda worried they'd just kill it and you could never play it again. The only thing is that I do wish that the liveries and decals you had saved could save themselves locally, but that's a fairly minor gripe all things considered.

this was to be expected the focus should stay with gt7 to hopefully get it to state it could be, if they just sorted out the issues with things like single player economy, invites it would be the best gt game to date

GTS has much better races in create race mode than GT7 which has boost and rubberbanding.

I better finish up mission challange and circuit experience and at least get the final movie lol, so is the Lewis Hamilton dlc worth it only $12 dollars ? I thought it was really hard on a pad but I could at least try bronze. Level 50 is going to be hard to get in level 48 now almost 49 but itā€™s a massive grind and Forza Motorsport is Thursday lol. RIP GT Sport thank you for paving the way for GT7 and it was fun while it lasted.

It's kinda sad. This "structured singleplayer league" wasn't even the focus of GTS and yet it did a better job than GT7:
LJRutVR.jpg
vDPUtiQ.jpg

wqS0Z9u.jpg
CpEdfcb.jpg

Even though the game is still plagued by the usual quick 3-lap races, at least it looks more beautiful with those nice backgrounds :lol:
Sju1AnM.jpg
YLGYiWD.jpg

If only GT Sport had GT Auto, the Tuning Shop and Missions...
GT7 just needs to replace the AMG F1 races with all the open wheel race cars in the game. Look pretty damn polished in those photos.

Yeah, I just move on to the next game.

All this talk about the grind to Level 50 that people need to do ;)
looks at avatar

I'm surprised like everyone else that GTS stayed "alive" this long. Frankly, it felt better supported than GTS although I think that's partly because it was so bare bones for cars on launch.

Some of us were fortunate to be with GTS from the very beginning with the Community Event on that Friday in May 2016.

A final shout out to all the Orange Box crew who I met on that day starting from Starbucks in the shopping centre šŸ‘

I'm glad that the game will be switched to offline and remain playable.

If nothing else, I'm grateful for the opportunity GTS gave me to meet the "big cheese" @Jordan and the other "big cheese" Translator-San... oh and Mr Yamauchi of course :lol:

PS I'm still wearing the t-shirt šŸ‘

Last edited:
Did it though? I mean yes it had an actual structured Single player mode but let's be frank, it was not that much different from what GT7 has now: Dumb AI that you constantly have to start behind (with no option to qualify, as usual) and who's spacial awareness barely exists if at all. Don't know if I would necessarily call it "better" just because it looks slightly more like the single player of old.
301 middling events sorted into cups is better than <180 middling events listed by course, although the payout structure in GTS has similar problems to 7.

I'm glad they're fixing the online requirement for offline content. That's how it should be handled always.

But since the only trophies I'm missing are the level 50 xp trophy, the 1 million drift points, and platinum, I should technically be able to get them after the shut down right? It's actually faster to level up with certain campaign races anyways.

301 middling events sorted into cups is better than <180 middling events listed by course, although the payout structure in GTS has similar problems to 7.
Which to me looks like its not exactly "better", only barely less irritating (Which is the point I'm making here).

GTS has much better races in create race mode than GT7 which has boost and rubberbanding.
But you cant choise the ai cars like in gt7, gts is the worse game between the two, gt7 just has so much more on offer than gts, i know gt7 has it issues but it still a lot better than gt sport

Bittersweet but expected.

After GT7 came out and Iā€™d got the Platinum, I went back to GT Sport having not been too enthused by Sport mode at launch, and sat down wondering whether I could finish it too.

Over the past few years I grew to love (and hate) Sport mode, eventually getting the 322 races done earlier this summer, having got the wins and poles last year. Will be sad to see this one go like GT5 and GT6 before it. Guess I better look through the liveries while I still can.

Still a great run for a game I think most of us thought would be shut down before the end of last year.
Same here

I enjoy the fact that I have 2 sets of dailies to play and sport changing monthly means lots of practice and not rushing it into a week

Ill miss sport for sure, I wonder if you can still get the platinum after shutdown

Yeah, unfortunately the AI is not good, but then again, I was really hoping to see improvements in GT7 and well, we didn't got any. One thing that I like about GTS is that because there's so many events, no car go unused. There's space for every one of them.
This is not the case in GT7 where most of the cars between 300-450pp simply don't have a decent race and decent in this case isn't even about just credits, but about having more than a few laps to actually drive them.

If only we had more Tokyo 600, but for every other class, PP and tracks...

I'm glad they're fixing the online requirement for offline content. That's how it should be handled always.

But since the only trophies I'm missing are the level 50 xp trophy, the 1 million drift points, and platinum, I should technically be able to get them after the shut down right? It's actually faster to level up with certain campaign races anyways.
I hope too, I guess we just need to buy up some cars to do the offline races, which is a pain as I had a cull recently to buy the 20m Ferrari so sold a load of cars

Iā€™ve just lvl 50 left, at 43 with 77k to go, so not sure Iā€™ll ever do that via sport anyway and there is that red bull Le Mans race for 6k, need 300 wins on that

And I have the gold lap circuit on green hell to do, I was saving as my plat dropper

Fools can't be bothered to implement this during the game's life state or GT7 now.
Inevitable. Imo the game doesnā€™t have much to offer besides multiplayer, most people have moved onto GT7 anyway.
What GT7 has to offer that it has smaller "career" for an offline game.

But you cant choise the ai cars like in gt7, gts is the worse game between the two, gt7 just has so much more on offer than gts, i know gt7 has it issues but it still a lot better than gt sport
Yes but if you switch off boost in GTS you get a proper race. If you turn off boost in GT7 it is still on and it adds rubberbanding. Therefore a proper race is not possible. Thus GTS is better than GT7.

Back