Gran Turismo Sport feels like a time machine

Apparently you can.

I don't have anything against concept cars. As stated, what annoys me is mixing unfeasible design exercises with silly science fiction powertrains and whatnot with real, sometimes classic and historic, race cars, it feels wrong.

They should be kept on a class of their own, far away from real race cars.

I get where you're coming from. The SRT Tomahawk, IMO should not be in the same race as an Audi R18, or Porsche 929, as examples.

OP WowBagger

I agree with pretty much everything you say since I understand your point of view and as been with GT pretty all along the way, but I strongly disagree when you say "the dark days of GT5 and GT6".

Thèse are legitimate GT games, just as is GTS... They are slightly different from our old expectations, but they are definitely from the se family.

I am loving GTS more than I ever think I could...
I am just sad that I didn't start playing it since the beginning, missing out about 2 years of it behind everyone since I just boot it up last month... Barely.

OP WowBagger

I agree with pretty much everything you say since I understand your point of view and as been with GT pretty all along the way, but I strongly disagree when you say "the dark days of GT5 and GT6".

Thèse are legitimate GT games, just as is GTS... They are slightly different from our old expectations, but they are definitely from the se family.

I am loving GTS more than I ever think I could...
I am just sad that I didn't start playing it since the beginning, missing out about 2 years of it behind everyone since I just boot it up last month... Barely.

Maybe you took it wrong, or I didn't expressed it the right way? Sometimes is pretty hard to find the right way to put adjectives on things in a foreign language.

They are GT games, off course, I'm not saying otherwise and I played the hell out of them to the point I got the platinum trophy on both. But I find them so lacking in quality and never felt really invested on either because, for me, the bad outweighted the good. And I think that this is far from a unpopular opinion. Coming from GT4, which was my favorite on the series, they never felt as engaging and, I don't know, in the end I played without the passion or investment I had on the previous entries like it was something akin to an obligation.

Probably the most positive effect those game had on me was effectively putting me off of GT Sport for so long. It gave me perspective and made me experience it now with a far more open-minded take and I'm loving it, it's really great and I'd put it on my top three games of the generation easily.

P.S.: I keep promising myself that I will rewatch The Wonder Years for... years now :indiff:

Last edited:
Maybe you took it wrong, or I didn't expressed it the right way? Sometimes is pretty hard to find the right way to put adjectives on things in a foreign language.

They are GT games, off course, I'm not saying otherwise and I played the hell out of them to the point I got the platinum trophy on both. But I find them so lacking in quality and never felt really invested on either because, for me, the bad outweighted the good. And I think that this is far from a unpopular opinion. Coming from GT4, which was my favorite on the series, they never felt as engaging and, I don't know, in the end I played without the passion or investment I had on the previous entries like it was something akin to a obligation.

Probably the most positive effect those game had on me was effectively putting me off of GT Sport for so long. It gave me perspective and made me experience it now with a far more open-minded take and I'm loving it, it's really great and I'd put it on my top three games of the generation easily.

P.S.: I keep promising myself that I will rewatch The Wonder Years for... years now :indiff:
Talking about GT games I have left GTS for good and that means I don't play that game anymore, I am really enjoying GT5 a lot & GT6 at the moment and I wonder why, because GTS is not that good and it is only a pretty game, and that is all it is.

PD needs to bring out something specials for me to play GT Sport again, but I will most likely I wait until we get the real game.

Talking about GT games I have left GTS for good and that means I don't play that game anymore, I am really enjoying GT5 a lot & GT6 at the moment and I wonder why, because GTS is not that good and it is only a pretty game, and that is all it is.

PD needs to bring out something specials for me to play GT Sport again, but I will most likely I wait until we get the real game.
The saying of "most likely". :lol:

I skipped 5 and 6. But with the utter disappointment that was Forza 7 I decided to splurge on the $80 GTS without really knowing anything about it. I was super happy with it, nostalgia played a role in my initial happiness. Now after all this time I still get on a couple hours a weekend or anytime I have during the week. Some sport races with cars that interest me, photos, and a lot of time trials. It’s still so much better than I thought it would be, the free updates that I would gladly pay for, the amazing sound of the tracks and cars, and the attention to detail that’s just not present in other franchises. I love how every car feels unique, tuned or stock. That’s what got old in FM, all the cars with the same layout felt the same, no uniqueness. GT has that down, hopefully it remains when the car count increases for a full game.

Latest Posts

Back