Gran Turismo Sport Has Sold an Estimated 8 Million Copies

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 18, 2019.

1. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

Sadly 100k is not the common salary for game dev, especially game dev in Japan.

SCE better realise that GTS is quickly becoming their biggest GAAS game, if not already has become it.

2. Outspacer

Outspacer

It's not how much they get paid, it's how much they cost inclusive of office space, equipment, taxes, health cover, .......

I'll admit it's still just a gross estimate, but close enough for our spitballing :)

ImaRobot likes this.
  3. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I don't think GT will ever surpass Final Fantasy.

4. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Yep, you are correct. :tup:

For some reason I had it in my mind that PS One Classics became part of the PS+ free games list, and therefore by extension, also PS2 games.
    I had to check online to find a list of all free PS+ games, and the earliest console games were PS3 games.
    PS One Classics only made it to the PS Store for purchase.

So I've definitely made an error there.
    And this certainly increases the odds of GT Sport making the list, compared to what I was thinking earlier.

Thanks for the correction. :tup:

AlanH49 likes this.
  5. Letadlo

Letadlo

It is really impossible to know how much profit (or losts) PD have from GTS. We don´t know how much money PD become from TAG Heuer, Michelin and other sponsors...

6. serlemke

serlemke Premium

GTS also slowly became a PS4 seller, some thanks also go to Forza 7 as they messed up. (back in past forz3 and 4 where real GT challengers.)

7. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Wait, Final Fantasy is a Sony IP? Surely not, so why the comparison?

8. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Not sure honestly so probably not but I compared because it's a games as a service on the PS4. I know his wording may imply Sony games specifically but I feel that's just trying to narrow the field for no reason.

Novalee likes this.