Gran Turismo Sport Has Sold an Estimated 8 Million Copies

I remember members were saying no chance when I said this will end up selling more than 6-7 million.

At this rate, it may even surpass Gran Turismo 5.
We don't know how much it sold. Players don't equal copies sold and iirc the site had accounts at >9m, when Sony announced 8,2m players.

We don't know how much it sold. Players don't equal copies sold and iirc the site had accounts at >9m, when Sony announced 8,2m players.

Back in mid last year, it was estimated that the difference between gamestats' playerbase and the sales number was roughly 10-15%.

So an 11.5 M gamestat profiles will put the actual sales between 9.5-10. let's say between 9-10. That alongside Kudosprime stating that for the past month, new player entries are about 100K per week, then by the end of April -- GTSport should be within the sales of GT1 and GT2.

So, in other words -- it sold very well.

It could very well reach GT4/5 numbers at this rate.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/202...oaded-game-on-playstation-store-in-march/amp/
GTSport is in top 10 most downloaded game last month. We need an actual numbers. Player base is unreliable a lot of people have multiple accounts. But I think it's safe to say that it has outsold GT6 at this point.

A lot of those re-entries were in the "March Madness" sale, GOW and GT Sport among them, which may have impacted those figures.

I suspect we won't get latest sales figures for GTS for a while, unless they hit a "magic" number, such as 10m, or they surpass the total sales of a previous GT game.

Also, we might well get an updated sales figure within the marketing blitz when the next game is officially announced e.g. Xmillion players have bought GTS, here is what is coming next...

Anyway, even if many new accounts are duplicated on one system with one disc, it's clear that the sales figures MUST be well over 8m now if they were 8m a year ago.

There's an argument of course that many games will be getting a major sales boost due to the lockdown, so it will be interesting to see that PSN download list for April and take both March and April together.

If GTS continues to feature in the April list, that would be indicative of a significant ongoing spike in sales during the lockdown. If GTS drops out of that download list and is replaced by games from the April sale, for example, that would suggest a much smaller spike and that the changes in April PSN sales have "flattened the curve" so to speak.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/202...oaded-game-on-playstation-store-in-march/amp/
GTSport is in top 10 most downloaded game last month. We need an actual numbers. Player base is unreliable a lot of people have multiple accounts. But I think it's safe to say that it has outsold GT6 at this point.
I do wonder just how many have multiple accounts. It seems to be limited to those who largely play online on a very regular basis.

Like the PSN download charts. GT Sport has consistently charted in the top 20 across the EMEA software charts. Which covers both physical and (partly) digital sales.

It’s quite impressive to see an additional 500k+ players in the past month alone. With no signs of that slowing down. Given the current circumstances and evidence from charts. It’s clear many of those will be new players to the game.

Also goes to show why it’s a good opportunity for PD to reassess their output for the year. Capitalise on this increased player activity with new content. Let’s not forget PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. We may even seen GT Sport being an early showcase title for PS5 with features on the DualSense controller.

Back in mid last year, it was estimated that the difference between gamestats' playerbase and the sales number was roughly 10-15%.
Estimated. In my opinion GTS sold really well, but the accounts aren't sales and we don't know how much it sold. I thinks it's save to say it sold better than GT6, but i don't think it's above 10m yet.

I do wonder just how many have multiple accounts. It seems to be limited to those who largely play online on a very regular basis.

Like the PSN download charts. GT Sport has consistently charted in the top 20 across the EMEA software charts. Which covers both physical and (partly) digital sales.

It’s quite impressive to see an additional 500k+ players in the past month alone. With no signs of that slowing down. Given the current circumstances and evidence from charts. It’s clear many of those will be new players to the game.

Also goes to show why it’s a good opportunity for PD to reassess their output for the year. Capitalise on this increased player activity with new content. Let’s not forget PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. We may even seen GT Sport being an early showcase title for PS5 with features on the DualSense controller.
There are six accounts on my PS4. All of them have played GTS to test start/gift cars. Only my main UK account has accessed Sport mode.

Estimated. In my opinion GTS sold really well, but the accounts aren't sales and we don't know how much it sold. I thinks it's save to say it sold better than GT6, but i don't think it's above 10m yet.

I didn't say it's above 10. I personally believe it's around the 9.5m. a 100K+ gain every week means in around a month or two GTSport will be around the mainline series average (if you remove GT3).

If it sells an additional one million throughout it's life time (not out of the question), it will be as successful as GT4/5.

For a spin off online title, this is incredible.

There are six accounts on my PS4. All of them have played GTS to test start/gift cars. Only my main UK account has accessed Sport mode.
When we are looking at 10-11m accounts. The percentage of players with multiple accounts will be a fraction. Much like the percentage of GT players who visit this site are a fraction of the total.

You could also argue those activating multiple accounts are likely to be early adopters.

We will never know the exact numbers until PD put out official stats at the end of the games lifecycle. As it stands we could see considerable growth in the next 3-6 months. Then we’ll have to see how GT Sport factors into the PS5 launch. Will we see a PS5 update or standard backwards compatibility. Maybe GT Sport even comes to PS+ which would have a huge impact on player numbers.

So an 11.5 M gamestat profiles will put the actual sales between 9.5-10. let's say between 9-10. That alongside Kudosprime stating that for the past month, new player entries are about 100K per week, then by the end of April -- GTSport should be within the sales of GT1 and GT2.

So, in other words -- it sold very well.

It could very well reach GT4/5 numbers at this rate.

That would be incredible and give PD the needed money to bring back all legacy tracks and cars on PS5 (I know they won't).

Back