Gran Turismo Sport Helps Keep Older Minds Sharp

My Dad is 88 now and his mind is sharp as a tack. He took up video gaming about 5 years ago, never having touched a pc in his life. His genre of choice is flying sims and he's fully capable of programming a flight management computer or GPS system and is familiar with most of the systems on real planes. He has hundreds of pages of technical manuals for various planes and systems he's looked up himself and printed out. Gaming can really help keep a senior's mind active and engaged and I can vouch for it first hand.

I'm impressed with y'all old geezers being this good even up to date with GT6, makes me rather envious really.

But yes, the fact GTSport, aswell certain other games improving your mind sharpness in the game, aswell possibly with your life, shows a good part of gaming, is half of us. If wasn't for it, we wouldn't probably be as good as we think we are.

...We treat the elderly as furniture far earlier than necessary because can't be bothered...
True indeed, sad to say and as a result the UK gets social upheaval and UKIP. I like the shot of the folks all keen to see what's going on at the centre - definitely more inclusive, more funded and respectful.

Age doesn't have to be a barrier in virtual or real life racing. There's still some very good older racers doing the rounds. Take David Franklin for instance. Never ceases to amaze me how quick he flings priceless Ferrari's along the Goodwood run. And here he is at Monza driving a Ferrari 312P how it was meant to be driven.

Latest Posts

Back