Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

Retro BTCC livery

6999249205111816196_0.jpg

5909285676786943009_23.jpg

6989679065028362244_0.jpg

I saw online someone made this livery on the 3.0 Turbo Supra and it looks great so I did one of those too just never uploaded it for use

1987 Team El-Charro AGS-Ford JH22 as driven by Pascal Fabre (and Roberto Moreno for 2 races).

This one may look simple but I couldn't find good existing images for the ACTO and BSA decals so I made them from scratch. The first time I've done that so I'm quite proud of it overall!

Sweet. I can't make a good Wakos livery. I always start them then ditch it because I can't seem to get it to look the way I want. I have one made on a Gr4 Corvette 2 years ago and its the last time I made a complete livery and I don't even like the way that one turned out:lol:
I mean I didn’t really make it or come up with anything, it’s just a replica.

Chaparral 2D Race Car

This livery tries to emulate the look of the Chaparral 2D using the Ford GT40 Mark I, and it's mostly accurate. I even gave it a 3-speed gearbox.

Lola-Aston Martin B09/60

This livery replicates one of my all-time favorite OG LMP1 cars of all time - the Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 using the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP.

7278455887791948804_0.jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_zy925xhm2ae6bueiubjx6.jpg

I’m still a little confused. Why does the 458 GT3 have no livery? Could it be that the car that was scanned was simply a 458 GT3 before a livery is applied to it by a team? Maybe it was a prototype? I also vaguely recall that in pre-release footage, the 458 GT3 had an AF Corse livery... Maybe there were some licensing roadblocks for that livery?

Yeah both are my own truck liveries. I done the Raptor a long time ago when it first appeared but done a update to it after the Tundra arrived.

Rough Riders Raptor link.
Ironman Tundra link.

Awesome. Good work. I'm a huge fan of off road racing. There are no Chevy trucks in the game but I did make an old Chevy Thunder livery back when the game was new that was off road racing inspired.

6269596726050455556_0.jpg

I’m still a little confused. Why does the 458 GT3 have no livery? Could it be that the car that was scanned was simply a 458 GT3 before a livery is applied to it by a team? Maybe it was a prototype? I also vaguely recall that in pre-release footage, the 458 GT3 had an AF Corse livery... Maybe there were some licensing roadblocks for that livery?

Ferrari being Ferrari. Especially odd since you can add a livery to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars anyway.

VXR
Ferrari being Ferrari. Especially odd since you can add a livery to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars anyway.

But that's the thing, I've seen actual photos of 458 GT3s that look like the one in GTS where it's just a plain Rosso Corsa paint scheme, and typically in the context of being for sale at dealerships. Was the 458 GT3 street-legal?

But that's the thing, I've seen actual photos of 458 GT3s that look like the one in GTS where it's just a plain Rosso Corsa paint scheme, and typically in the context of being for sale at dealerships. Was the 458 GT3 street-legal?

No, a full-on Le Mans racer was not street legal. Like @VXR said, it's "Ferrari being Ferrari." For some reason, they don't like their cars in video games to have non-Ferrari liveries applied to them. In a special edition of Forza 6, you could get 10 cars with Xbox liveries celebrating 10 years of Xbox. The 458 was one of them, but unlike the others, it was simply painted black.

There's also a thing in Forza where sone Ferraris don't have access to the full collection of manufacturer decals, just the Xbox-related ones.

Lastly, despite what I and others have said, Forza includes 3 versions of the 458 GT3/GTE/GTC, and they all have either AF Corse of Rizi Competizione race liveries.

Sorry for the heavy use of Forza info as evidence. That's where most of my knowledge is.

No, a full-on Le Mans racer was not street legal. Like @VXR said, it's "Ferrari being Ferrari." For some reason, they don't like their cars in video games to have non-Ferrari liveries applied to them. In a special edition of Forza 6, you could get 10 cars with Xbox liveries celebrating 10 years of Xbox. The 458 was one of them, but unlike the others, it was simply painted black.

There's also a thing in Forza where sone Ferraris don't have access to the full collection of manufacturer decals, just the Xbox-related ones.

Lastly, despite what I and others have said, Forza includes 3 versions of the 458 GT3/GTE/GTC, and they all have either AF Corse of Rizi Competizione race liveries.

Sorry for the heavy use of Forza info as evidence. That's where most of my knowledge is.

No, don’t apologize - you’ve provided corroborating evidence for that claim that it’s just Ferrari’s PR, doing what it does best. It’d also make sense with how the 458 was in Need for Speed 2015, and while Liberty Walk bodykits were available for other cars, the 458 didn’t have its respective LB kit available despite being a very well-known bodykit for the 458. IIRC there was just a GT3-spec bodykit available.

Does anyone have a decal that's meant for the Ferrari 458 Italia's front grill? Not any of the racing variants, just the N-Class version. I just wanna essentially do the same thing to the 458's grill as one would be able to do with a car like the Jaguar F-Type.

Back