Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRageDudez
  • 9,453 comments
  • 1,418,344 views
CB9A86ED-7F6B-42F7-A51C-9EF420002987.jpeg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5356611/1/6269038173606675457
 
It's not quite done, but for now I'm fairly content with it:

View attachment 718212

Love the color scheme @SlipZtrEm ! :bowdown: Looks and feels retro. Also, I think it is a bit coincidence your GTP livery has the same color scheme (blue, white and red) as the original Virtua Formula I have posted above. Guess it is can be serve purpose as good tribute for it don't you think? :D :cheers:
 
Spent a few hours on this one, a replica of Dai Yoshihara's Falken Toyota BRZ drift car

5836679417319917065_23.jpg


4612253448588494364_0.jpg


4612249044164542996_0.jpg


4756364238145979924_0.jpg


IMG_7499.jpg


Obviously avoided them tacky Forza decals :lol:

Also quickly put together this simpler Pandem Rocket Bunny design

6134488747225383937_23.jpg
 
Jumping on the FT500T-A bandwagon - here’s my attempt at what a Silver Arrow might have looked like in the 1980’s. Quite clearly based off of the Sauber-Mercedes C9.

4828421765679056409_23.jpg


Download Here.

How did you get a decal on the front wing end plate? I tried, normal side, other side and bonnet but nothing doing
 
Always check via R3 button after you chose side where to put decal, which parts are eligible to put the decals on ^^ light blue areas should pop up ^^
 
After getting this car with the new update it was a no brainer which livery to create first. The RB14 Special Edition livery now on a proper formula car. :) So many F1 liveries being made right now by everyone, it's great to see. Expect to see a few more from me as well. ;)

FdAEV32.jpg


BLITmXy.jpg


i5uFQiu.jpg


 
From an artistic stand point the F1 is starting to grow on me. I may work one up, but only if I get it in the roulette, I'm not buying it. :lol:
 
So, my second formula car already. This livery was requested here on GTPlanet, the STR F1 2018 concept by Tim Holmes Design. Bit difficult to get right with all the different lines of this car but I think it still came out alright. :)

Original concept:

DJn4WEOWsAY4B9f.jpg


My version:

JM41Vvs.jpg


kMekXh6.jpg




The livery has been shared. Tags are redbull / honda / concept. Link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1257380/1/6278668806688604169
 
After quite a lot of thinking about my F1500T-A livery I poster yesterday, I came to the conclusion the livery just wasn’t right for the car, the asymmetrical design just didn’t work, despite my confidence that it looked pretty good :rolleyes:

So I went ahead and threw it out and started from scratch. Well actually, I really like the standard livery the car comes with, so I decided to take some inspiration from that and combine it with something that wouldn’t have looked too much out of place in period, mid to late 80’s.

This is what I’ve come up with :) I kept it quite simple, mimicking much of the standard livery, but adding my personal touches to it. I wanted to keep all logos on it period correct, but some just didn’t look right, despite being the correct logos from that period. Some also didn’t change much/marginally, so more modern versions were used. Somehow it does feel a bit empty, but every time I add more logos it doesn’t look right, but after looking through a lot of reference pictures, there seem to have been more cars that didn’t have many logos on them.


6CF75E48-DBFF-4FB3-BB2A-FF7C7E3BD39D.jpeg

D5B8A37C-2FB3-4695-BBCF-7D979B5DB46A.jpeg

AEAC474C-5214-4342-901A-D9FBF7C63BEE.jpeg


​
 
Back