Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

Not the traditional Gulf!

4D1A89BA-BB5E-4EB2-857C-DD852D445C66.jpeg
E66A7340-724E-457F-A304-CC1C28F6B92E.jpeg
3BA35ADF-8819-4A63-8167-7B4B145DD255.jpeg
50270A8A-8A63-4C76-BA55-B7F9A291F3D0.jpeg

Dallara SF19 MasterCard (EDIT: Now with matching suit and helmet!)

6269592323497166364_0.jpg

6125477146360054292_0.jpg

20191023224914.jpg

This is not an original design (directly inspired by the modern interpretations I saw on the web), but I adapted it for the Toyota Super Formula and it looks quite good.
EDIT: And now with a dedicated helmet and a suit for the complete experience!
This is my first time creating a suit and helmet like this one, I hope it looks good enough :D

Last edited:
Dallara SF19 MasterCard

View attachment 857822
This is not an original design (directly inspired by the modern interpretations I saw on the web), but I adapted it for the Toyota Super Formula and it looks quite good.

Hopefully it's more competitive than the real car. :lol::lol::lol:

Alright, so I was a bit inspired by @Cytoria's method of colouring backgrounds of the cars, but thought, why not go one step further? Well that step further was making a full promotional poster in (probably) broken-nonsense Japanese to not only tie in with the car but also the game and the racing series the car is also loosely a replica of?!

This is the most work I’ve put into a livery that wasn’t for the livery competition, but I want to get around to making all the MGS games in livery form and don’t want to rush them or do half a job, so I went fully mental… enjoy!

View attachment 857714

Link

Updated picture;

EG3wnSsW4AEBB6J
It almost looks like a legit IRL livery, amazing! :bowdown:

Alright, so I was a bit inspired by @Cytoria's method of colouring backgrounds of the cars, but thought, why not go one step further? Well that step further was making a full promotional poster in (probably) broken-nonsense Japanese to not only tie in with the car but also the game and the racing series the car is also loosely a replica of?!

This is the most work I’ve put into a livery that wasn’t for the livery competition, but I want to get around to making all the MGS games in livery form and don’t want to rush them or do half a job, so I went fully mental… enjoy!

View attachment 857714

Link

Updated picture;

EG3wnSsW4AEBB6J

That is absolutely sick. I would use the Gr.3 R8 just to rock that livery.

P.S. What's this super secret method of the master?

I think he meant the background coloring :D
I used the livery competition snow settings and then used a background mask and riddled with the colour settings. I managed to get pretty close to the right yellow, so when I imported the image to photoshop I could just magic wand chunks away

I used the livery competition snow settings and then used a background mask and riddled with the colour settings. I managed to get pretty close to the right yellow, so when I imported the image to photoshop I could just magic wand chunks away
@Cytoria had a post regarding how to set it up somewhere but I can't find it anymore :banghead:

@Cytoria had a post regarding how to set it up somewhere but I can't find it anymore :banghead:
Here it is!

Thanks. I use the settings of our mandatory Livery Editor Competition scape in Shiretoko.

Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

Then I adjust brightness of each R, V, B individually on the background mask. You can indeed make some very nice showcase shots !

GR Supra RM

*EDIT: Updated with additional colour variants*

This started out as an attempt to create a livery celebrating the second anniversary of GT Sport's release, but watching MattJ155's video on GT1's 'Racing Modifications' the other day got me thinking. What if the idea of converting road cars to race cars was implemented in GT Sport? What if instead of the GR Supra Racing Concept, there was an option to upgrade the current road-going Supra into a Gr. 3 car, as was the case with previous incarnations in earlier Gran Turismo games? Since many of GT Sport's race cars were made specifically for the game, the idea of 'Racing Modifications' making a comeback doesn't seem that outlandish in my personal opinion.

And so, this design was the result. A two-tone scheme highlighted by contrasting black decals, including large Gran Turismo logos on either side. True to 'Racing Modification' tradition, the livery comes with a choice of different base colours. At first, red, blue and white versions were made, followed by six other variants, including metallic silver and black with dark red decals. The number '17' references both GT Sport's release year (2017) and 17th October, the day in which the game was released in North America.

Colour Variant Links:
Red/Black.
Blue/Black.
White/Black.
Orange/Black.
Green/Black.
Pink/Black.
Yellow/Black.
Silver/Black.
Black/Dark Red.

Last edited:
Every time I think someone is doing something clever with computer drawing software it's always just random circle shapes with masking. I wish there was an easier way
Sorry, this one used about 50 separate shapes for the pattern on the body and about 30 minutes to do roughly.

Oh I forgot, I made a Nations Cup livery for the Fittipaldi VGT on Wednesday:

7422024614223578169_23.jpg

It's mostly the same as in the New York World Tour event, but there's something on the front left of the front spoiler I couldn't make out (I think it was FIA GT Sport Championship but I'm not sure), and I didn't realise until I was done that I could have cheated and done the stripes properly by doing one solid white one and breaking it up rather than placing the white lines individually.

An Aston Martin F1 concept livery using the super formula car.

LIVERY
SUIT

I love the fact that you also made the matching suit for your car livery, maybe I should make one for my MasterCard livery someday :D

I tried to make a replica of the Bandoh/Nova Racing RCF3. It is a simple design, but with my paint deficits i needed several hours to made it :D

6278608326967198236_0.jpg

6269601119120426524_0.jpg

Is it the '16 or the '17 one? I can't tell.
Anyway, amazing work my dude :cheers:

Back