Gran Turismo Sport - Master Car List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 2,093 comments
First normal picture of Alfa Romeo Mito and Pikes Peak quattro
i15YI4KwLyZUKcE.jpg

i1MTgHn6NyYkXEc.jpg

May I ask exactly where a shot of the Acura NSX GT3 is? Are we sure someone didn't mistake the GR.3 car for the actual one?

From the car list news article, aren't we missing the McLaren Mp4-12c?
And why are we still counting two Mazda LM55s? The same goes to a few others.

One thing is for sure, this list lacks A LOT of cars, even if we take into account only modern cars. Game changing/important cars missing is a bit... Huh.

It was apparent in one of the interviews posted here that Kaz did not understand the question "will there be more then just new cars?"

This confirms it. That's close to a deal breaker for me. Of course I will still buy GT Sport, however I'm pretty damn bummed there are no historical vehicles or anything older then 2009.

Frankly, I'd rather have more cars than high thread count stitching on steering wheels, shifter knobs, and seats. Variations of one car has always been a scourge of Gran Turismo. This car list is practically insulting.

I'm still having a hard time fathoming how Gran Turismo went from a game that had 174 cars I actually liked and were interested in to having literally only one (Toyota GT86).

We went from GT having 1000s of cars but too many are simply variations and ported over models from previous games (Which I agree but was able to live with) to 170 cars not being enough?

Keep me humble GTP.

I think this game will definitely get DLC. A car sim game on a console with no DLC content as we go forward? I won't take that bet.

The McLaren 12C '10, Peugeot Vision GT (original), Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT (original) and Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision GT (original) are missing in the list, so that's 132 cars. (131 actually, since I don't think the Nissan GT-R R35 Black Edition '12 will come to the game at all.)

Count all Vision cars on the official website (the entire Tomahawk series, S, GTS-R and X and the original Toyota FT-1 Vision car, since it even mentions they're also coming to the game) and that's 135 cars revealed so far, and 15-24 cars left to reach the region of 150-159 cars.

Let's hope that the last remaining cars are good ones, especially hoping that'll fit the missing gap of Gr. 1 which isn't that diverse, and let's also hope that there will be more than one Porsche for this game at launch, not just the 911 GT3 RS.

Haven't seen the Mazda Roadster S (ND) N200 (it's not a Gr. 4 car) in a long while, not in any new game footage or screenshots lately, maybe PD scrapped the car or something?

And here is the updated track list with all the tracks revealed so far (Le Mans will not be included yet since it's still of debate whether or not that is just a scape or perhaps, probably a playable track.)

Confirmed tracks so far:

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos):
  • Full Circuit
Blue Moon Bay:
  • Oval Circuit
Brands Hatch:
  • GP Circuit
  • Indy Circuit
Colorado Springs:
  • Full Circuit (Dirt track)
Dragon Trail International Raceway:
  • Seaside Circuit
Fisherman's Ranch:
Lake Maggiore:
  • Full Circuit
Mount Panorama:
  • Bathurst Circuit
Northern Isle Speedway:
  • Oval Circuit
  • Autocross Circuit
Nurburgring Nordschleife:
  • Full Circuit
  • 24h Circuit
Sardegna Windmills:
Suzuka Circuit:
  • Full Circuit
Tokyo:
  • Tokyo Expressway
  • Tokyo Expressway- Extended
Willow Springs:
  • Big Willow
  • Horse Thief Mile
Total: 14/17 environments revealed, 19/28 layouts revealed

Evidence:

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos):
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 4.39.18 AM.png

picture.jpg

Same green and yellow markers, so this is really confirmed.

Colorado Springs:
f0I6f2PR6Tk.jpg

From the release trailer, track banner says otherwise.

Suzuka Circuit:
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 4.42.16 AM.png

Judging by the track scenery, since there's a ferris wheel (synonymous with Suzuka Circuit), it may very well be that track. It is unknown whether the East or West layouts will come, so I'm assuming it's only the full layout.

Northern Isle Speedway- Autocross circuit:
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 4.44.29 AM.png

Unknown as of now whether or not it will contain off-road surfaces.

Volkswagen GTI Roadster and Supersport (original versions):
083.jpg

082.jpg

Modeled with GT Sport's game engine, as seen on a scape on the closed beta.

McLaren 12C '10:
081.jpg

Even though the photo is that small, it shows a silver McLaren 12C racing in the Tokyo Expressway.

Vision cars that are claimed to be in the game from the official website (Tomahawk S, Original GTS-R, X, Original Toyota FT-1 Vision GT and original Peugeot Vision GT):
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 5.08.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 5.08.15 AM.png

In the official website, they even say that the original versions of these Vision cars will come to the game, despite them having custom homologated versions for Gr. 1 (Tomahawk GTS-R only) and Gr. 3 (Toyota FT-1 and Peugeot Vision cars), respectively, presumably to fill the Gr. X gap. This would mean that not all the other remaining Vision cars wouldn't have a custom homolgated version for either one of the four racing classes (1, 3, 4 or B) unless otherwise.

*NOTE: The word "vision" in the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT is obviously spelled wrong, but who cares, right?

Sources:

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000011667 (NOTE: The website falsely claims that there is a Ferrari 488 GT3, but do not believe it unless it is unveiled otherwise. It is rather a close-up shot of the 458 Italia GT3.)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/vgt/ (NOTE: The official website states that every original version of all Vision cars are coming to GT Sport.)

Last edited:
Not to spoil people's expectations or fun from the latest iteration of GT but so far I have counted 41 road legal cars in GT Sport. Is that honestly acceptable for a series which more or less set the benchmark for future racing games? After 4 years in development and 41 road cars....Oh sorry, could be as high as 60 something since we still got another 20 odd cars to be revealed...

I'm still getting it since I'm a sucker for any racing game which has real life cars but frankly, I'm least excited about GTS out of the Big Three coming in the fall.
Don't get me wrong, lovely graphics and design and certainly the sounds and physics look and sound much improved but looks severely watered down in terms of content.

Back