Gran Turismo Sport - Master Car List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 2,093 comments
The McLaren 12C '10, Peugeot Vision GT (original), Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT (original) and Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision GT (original) are missing in the list, so that's 132 cars. (131 actually, since I don't think the Nissan GT-R R35 Black Edition '12 will come to the game at all.)

Count all Vision cars on the official website (the entire Tomahawk series, S, GTS-R and X and the original Toyota FT-1 Vision car, since it even mentions they're also coming to the game) and that's 135 cars revealed so far, and 15-24 cars left to reach the region of 150-159 cars.

Let's hope that the last remaining cars are good ones, especially hoping that'll fit the missing gap of Gr. 1 which isn't that diverse, and let's also hope that there will be more than one Porsche for this game at launch, not just the 911 GT3 RS.

Haven't seen the Mazda Roadster S (ND) N200 (it's not a Gr. 4 car) in a long while, not in any new game footage or screenshots lately, maybe PD scrapped the car or something?

And here is the updated track list with all the tracks revealed so far (Le Mans will not be included yet since it's still of debate whether or not that is just a scape or perhaps, probably a playable track.)

Confirmed tracks so far:

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos):
  • Full Circuit
Blue Moon Bay:
  • Oval Circuit
Brands Hatch:
  • GP Circuit
  • Indy Circuit
Colorado Springs:
  • Full Circuit (Dirt track)
Dragon Trail International Raceway:
  • Seaside Circuit
Fisherman's Ranch:
Lake Maggiore:
  • Full Circuit
Mount Panorama:
  • Bathurst Circuit
Northern Isle Speedway:
  • Oval Circuit
  • Autocross Circuit
Nurburgring Nordschleife:
  • Full Circuit
  • 24h Circuit
Sardegna Windmills:
Suzuka Circuit:
  • Full Circuit
Tokyo:
  • Tokyo Expressway
  • Tokyo Expressway- Extended
Willow Springs:
  • Big Willow
  • Horse Thief Mile
Total: 14/17 environments revealed, 19/28 layouts revealed

Evidence:

Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos):
View attachment 661122
View attachment 661124

Same green and yellow markers, so this is really confirmed.

Colorado Springs:
View attachment 661125

From the release trailer, track banner says otherwise.

Suzuka Circuit:
View attachment 661126

Judging by the track scenery, since there's a ferris wheel (synonymous with Suzuka Circuit), it may very well be that track. It is unknown whether the East or West layouts will come, so I'm assuming it's only the full layout.

Northern Isle Speedway- Autocross circuit:
View attachment 661127

Unknown as of now whether or not it will contain off-road surfaces.

Volkswagen GTI Roadster and Supersport (original versions):
View attachment 661130
View attachment 661131

Modeled with GT Sport's game engine, as seen on a scape on the closed beta.

McLaren 12C '10:
View attachment 661132

Even though the photo is that small, it shows a silver McLaren 12C racing in the Tokyo Expressway.

Vision cars that are claimed to be in the game from the official website (Tomahawk S, Original GTS-R, X, Original Toyota FT-1 Vision GT and original Peugeot Vision GT):
View attachment 661133
View attachment 661134

In the official website, they even say that the original versions of these Vision cars will come to the game, despite them having custom homologated versions for Gr. 1 (Tomahawk GTS-R only) and Gr. 3 (Toyota FT-1 and Peugeot Vision cars), respectively, presumably to fill the Gr. X gap. This would mean that not all the other remaining Vision cars wouldn't have a custom homolgated version for either one of the four racing classes (1, 3, 4 or B) unless otherwise.

*NOTE: The word "vision" in the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT is obviously spelled wrong, but who cares, right?

Sources:

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000011667 (NOTE: The website falsely claims that there is a Ferrari 488 GT3, but do not believe it unless it is unveiled otherwise. It is rather a close-up shot of the 458 Italia GT3.)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/vgt/ (NOTE: The official website states that every original version of all Vision cars are coming to GT Sport.)

Aren´t you missing the Nurbugring GP?
upload_2017-7-18_10-17-30.png

Aren´t you missing the Nurbugring GP?
View attachment 661207
This seems like fairly solid proof that the GP and very likely the combined courses will be in the game too. Counting GP/F, GP/D, 24h and Type-V (poor, unloved Type-V) that would bring us to 15/27 layouts. But, nothing super-confirmed yet, we'll wait for it to come straight from the horse's mouth or to see some gameplay.
Now, back to twiddling my thumbs waiting for Snaefell Mountain Course... Isle of Man DLC? Tourist Tr... right, not the place to speculate.

This seems like fairly solid proof that the GP and very likely the combined courses will be in the game too. Counting GP/F, GP/D, 24h and Type-V (poor, unloved Type-V) that would bring us to 15/27 layouts. But, nothing super-confirmed yet, we'll wait for it to come straight from the horse's mouth or to see some gameplay.
Now, back to twiddling my thumbs waiting for Snaefell Mountain Course... Isle of Man DLC? Tourist Tr... right, not the place to speculate.
I think you mean 23/28 layouts (since you mentioned four layouts not seen/speculated such as the original GP layout, "GP-F", "GP-D" and "Type V"), since it's obvious both the original Nordschleife and the 24h layout (from what I could see) are coming, and the rest of the tracks from what we've all seen count to 14 environments and 19 layouts as of now.

I think you mean 23/28 layouts ...
23/28 now? Whoops, I didn't notice that the OP hadn't been updated in a month, thought it sounded a bit low though. There should be only 5 Nurburgring layouts total though: 2 GP courses, 1 Nordschleife, 2 Combined Circuits as in GT5 and 6.
GP/F = F1 Circuit, GP/D = Sprintstrecke (F1 Circuit without the Mercedes Arena section), Type V = Nordschleife+Sprintstrecke.

41 road legal cars in GT Sport
Why is road legality an important division to make in a game where all of the driving is in race or exhibition conditions?

Don't get me wrong, I love the crap and slow stuff and I'd rather spend an hour fighting a Kei car race (or a hybrid eco car race) than spend five minutes in an LMP1, but I don't ever remember "NtyN Road Legal Cars!" being a marketing device that anyone has ever used for any car game, even those where the driving is actually on the public road...

GT Sport is an ESports racing game and has been touted as such since the beginning. ESports racing game means motorsports, and motorsports means racing cars. To get the viewing audience needed, the game needs to have high level racing cars - because although I might prefer to spend an hour driving a Kei car, few people will be willing to spend an hour watching it. I think from the moment it was announced, we should have all been expecting a heavy racing car bias to the car list.

Yes, Gran Turismo has always been different in that regard - but then I think you'd be surprised at how many racing cars were in the previous GT games. Even as long ago as GT3, the car list was over 30% race cars.

Why is road legality an important division to make in a game where all of the driving is in race or exhibition conditions?

Don't get me wrong, I love the crap and slow stuff and I'd rather spend an hour fighting a Kei car race (or a hybrid eco car race) than spend five minutes in an LMP1, but I don't ever remember "NtyN Road Legal Cars!" being a marketing device that anyone has ever used for any car game, even those where the driving is actually on the public road...

GT Sport is an ESports racing game and has been touted as such since the beginning. ESports racing game means motorsports, and motorsports means racing cars. To get the viewing audience needed, the game needs to have high level racing cars - because although I might prefer to spend an hour driving a Kei car, few people will be willing to spend an hour watching it. I think from the moment it was announced, we should have all been expecting a heavy racing car bias to the car list.

Yes, Gran Turismo has always been different in that regard - but then I think you'd be surprised at how many racing cars were in the previous GT games. Even as long ago as GT3, the car list was over 30% race cars.

Exellent points there.
GTS should focus in racing cars since its more about Esports than anything else.

I'm afraid this is going to be the first GT I will not be buying. The car list is atrocious. Not only is it missing some very important current or old cars, even the "current" ones included in the game are outdated, discontinued, or entirely replaced. Alot are just now outdated versions from GT5 and 6, where PD haven't even bothered to research or model the newer, more relevant versions. And this isn't taking into account how a big a varied car list was a hallmark of the series, previously, and how alot of the cars included are non-production VGT's or "tuned by GT" models taking up a chunk of an already small selection.

Here is a list of Some of the cars included in GT Sport and their replacements in the real world:

Alfa Romeo Mito '09, was in GT6. Updated in '10 and '14. Replaced by facelifted version in '16

Audi R18 '11. Updated every single year up till '16.

Audi TT S '15. Now have the range topping RS '17 model.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S '15. No V12? Track focused GT8 or GT12?

BMW M4 Coupe '14, made it debut in GT6. M4 GTS '16 is now available.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13. Still beating this dead horse? What about the superior Grand Sport or Super Sport? And that is without mentioning the Chiron.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray '14, debuted in GT5 as a concept. No higher spec ZO6 '15, and the ZR1 has been spied already.

Dodge SRT Viper GTS, was already in GT6. An ACR would have been a blast.

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. Nice inclusion, but we now we have the Demon.

Ferrari 458 Italia and GT3. Replaced by the 488 versions of the GTB and GT3 respectively.

Ford Focus ST '15. Seriously! Still no RS model that everyone has been talking about?!

Jaguar F-Type R. Now we have th SVR as the range topper.

Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4. Now the 640-4 Peformante is out.

Lotus Evora '09. So many new versions overlooked, like the S, 400 and 410.

Mclaren 650S '15. We have the track version 675 LT even though the proper replacement in the 720S is tied to PCars 2 as it's cover star.

Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S. GT R model from '16 is now the top spec model.

Toyota GT86 '15. Updated, facelifted model went on sale last October.

Volkswagen Golf GTI '14. R model now available.

I know people are going to say: "what about dlc?". What about it? 4 years and we get an outdated car list and then are expected to pay for car packs on top, that may or may not arrive? Yet SMS and T10 have released and will be releasing another game with a better selection of cars before GT Sport?

PD are living in a bubble. I hope the competition finally wakes them up to realise they are not the only fish in the pond.

I am afraid to say for the first time in 20 years (half of my very existence that I have dedicated to this series) PD have lost me as a customer. :(

Last edited:
without grand valley ,deep forest,trial mountain.... i dont buy gt sport
Is it really a GT without these three tracks?
So far, it's the most uninspiring car roaster of all GTs. I don't care what they say about the concept of GTSport. It's nothing like GT3 where almost all cars were actually unique and not the : NSX gr.N, gr.4, gr3 and gr.B. Knowing that gr.4 and 3 share the same cockpit.

Yeah it is a very worrying factor! When I think that I am not interested in the ovals and the dirt tracks there isn't a lot left and the new tracks haven't been of outstanding quality that one can race them for hours and hours.

Alot are just now outdated versions from GT5 and 6, where PD haven't even bothered to research or model the newer, more relevant versions.
You've got an extra part of your sentence there that changes the meaning from an actual statement of fact to you knowing the intent and precise course of events.

All we know is that PD hasn't modelled the updated versions of the cars. We don't know why that is. Licensing and availability are among the other reasons you've omitted when you just jumped straight for 'haven't even bothered to research or model' - as we've seen with Porsche, sometimes manufacturers will give out an exclusivity deal for image rights, without really considering the implications that has for consumers who can't experience their cars virtually in their chosen game (or sometimes gaming platform).

There may, of course, be other deliberate reasons. As I mentioned, GT Sport is an ESports title and it hinges on balanced online racing, with set categories and balance of power (BOP) calculations intended to even out the field. Some (only some, not all) of the cars you mention don't easily fit into these categories and some (only some, not all) would require such incredible force to get them to fit into these categories that you may as well not bother trying, considering how far away from the original vehicle they get. There's not much use shoving in a 2017 LMP1 or a Bugatti Chiron, because they're so far removed from the existing categories that they'd have to exist on their own

It may simply be the case that PD wants to stick with the field of cars it knows for the initial release - which is 11 months late already - in order to have better a chance to manage the BOP for fair racing in the initial launch phase, then filter in other (and perhaps newer) cars to the classes (or even add new classes) over time with a firm baseline to work with.

However, I wouldn't presume to know whether it's technical, legal, opportunity or design reasons. You seem to have immediately assumed it's definitely due to laziness or incompetence. They're possibilities too, of course.

You've got an extra part of your sentence there that changes the meaning from an actual statement of fact to you knowing the intent and precise course of events.

All we know is that PD hasn't modelled the updated versions of the cars. We don't know why that is. Licensing and availability are among the other reasons you've omitted when you just jumped straight for 'haven't even bothered to research or model' - as we've seen with Porsche, sometimes manufacturers will give out an exclusivity deal for image rights, without really considering the implications that has for consumers who can't experience their cars virtually in their chosen game (or sometimes gaming platform).

There may, of course, be other deliberate reasons. As I mentioned, GT Sport is an ESports title and it hinges on balanced online racing, with set categories and balance of power (BOP) calculations intended to even out the field. Some (only some, not all) of the cars you mention don't easily fit into these categories and some (only some, not all) would require such incredible force to get them to fit into these categories that you may as well not bother trying, considering how far away from the original vehicle they get. There's not much use shoving in a 2017 LMP1 or a Bugatti Chiron, because they're so far removed from the existing categories that they'd have to exist on their own

It may simply be the case that PD wants to stick with the field of cars it knows for the initial release - which is 11 months late already - in order to have better a chance to manage the BOP for fair racing in the initial launch phase, then filter in other (and perhaps newer) cars to the classes (or even add new classes) over time with a firm baseline to work with.

However, I wouldn't presume to know whether it's technical, legal, opportunity or design reasons. You seem to have immediately assumed it's definitely due to laziness or incompetence. They're possibilities too, of course.

Maybe I should have gone over what I typed on my smartphone, to make sure it wasn't misintetpreted. Some of what I said is of my own opinion. Some may be unsubstantiated. But certainly not erroneous to assume. But what is tangible fact is that FM7 and PCars 2 have more updated, varied and larger car lists. And on top of that T10 and SMS have a history of delivering on regular dlc car packs which PD don't. Incompetency, laziness, licensing or whatever the case maybe, PD won't get a pass by me so easily in the face of such visible and relevant competition, with less resources and time at their disposal. I have seen this from PD (GT3 comes to mind) before in terms of car list, but never to such degree.

Regardless. The almost complete car list is their for everyone to see. People can make up their own minds. I have rightfully made up mind. I am sure others will find plenty of cars to snack on. My eyes are trained on what other menus have to offer.

And I think the BOP shows an inherant problem with the game as whole. Maybe if they secured proper licensing to real race competitions and their cars then we wouldn't have them come up with made up tuned cars. The almost full grid of current GT3 and GTE cars in PCars 2 seems so much more attractive then GT Sports mish mash of LMP and VGT car sharing a grid. The irony of it being that GT Sport is being heralded as the true online competition racer.

In the face of all this and previous failures and unkept promises, it is hard not to look at PD as incompetent or myopic in my opinion.

I respect, appreciate and value that as an administrator on this site you have monitor the comments posted on this site, as not to show misinformation, offensive material and such. If I did something that I posted something that you felt needed to amended or challenge then I apologise. It was in no way meant to start any negative feedback. What I won't apologise is for PD's self imposed fall from grace starting with the PS3 era. 2017 is the year of the racing game. From sims to arcade. Heck, we even got a Mario Kart. This should be PD's wake up call.

Last edited:
But certainly not erroneous to assume.
It's entirely erroneous to assume. There are myriad reasons for the car list to be as it is and not how you'd like it to be. Assuming it's one reason and one reason alone without any evidence is the very definition of erroneous.
But what is tangible fact is that FM7 and PCars 2 have more updated, varied and larger car lists.
Yes they do. It's not relevant, but they do. The question is why, and you've assumed why then pasted it in as if it can be the only possible reason.
I have seen this from PD (GT3 comes to mind) before but never to such degree.
GT3 is an example of what I'm talking about in my suggestion that it might be by design.

In GT3, for the most part there was enough cars of the same type to fill a six-car grid. Usually no more, and usually no less. And then there was the Suzuki Escudo with no rivals, the Falcon XR8 with no rivals, the Gillet Vertigo with no rivals... These cars were entirely incongruous - you couldn't race them against anything except themselves because they didn't fit into the game in any way.

It's great that you want the Bugatti Chiron, but where would it fit? GT Sport is an ESports title, focussed on people driving cars against each other in a competitive (and televised) environment. Cars need to fit into categories, or have BOP applied so that they fit into categories. What category in this ESports title does the Chiron fit? What would its competitors be? The Veyron only just fits in because there's the Vision GT cars, and perhaps the Veneno and LaFerrari, so how would the same car with 30% more power fit in without being strangled down to half of its power output and being beaten in a straight line by cars that would never normally occupy the same piece of tarmac? Would Bugatti sign up to that?

There are exceptions. Those daft Tomahawk and 2X VGT cars will be in and they don't fit anywhere, but then they're cars made for the game (I'd guess with an exclusive licence in perpetuity) and not cars PD has to approach a manufacturer to ask for a licence to include in the game.

Now, I don't know that it's a design decision, but then I'm not presenting it as if it definitely is a design decision. It might be that PD can't get hold of one to model it (which is unlikely). It might be that Bugatti won't or can't licence it to PD (certainly possible). It might be that PD has run out of time even with the 11 month pause to model so many new cars (again, possible). It might be that PD is lazy or incompetent (I doubt it). It might be any number of other reasons that I haven't even thought of. But you are so sure that it's laziness that you're stating it as fact:

Alot are just now outdated versions from GT5 and 6, where PD haven't even bothered to research or model the newer, more relevant versions.
This is knowledge you don't have unless you work for PD. Or possibly for Sony. Or unless it's been announced. And if you don't have it, it's a bit arrogant to assume you do have it and a bit rude to assume it's for negative reasons.

I get that the car list isn't what you'd like it to be - it's not what I'd like it to be either - but you do not know why it is like that, so don't pretend that you do.

This is knowledge you don't have unless you work for PD. Or possibly for Sony. Or unless it's been announced. And if you don't have it, it's a bit arrogant to assume you do have it and a bit rude to assume it's for negative reasons.

I will stick my necknout and say it, and how I should have stated it from the start: Maybe the car list is dated because of licensing and such. But I strongly believe that PD's slow modelling process and decision to scrap the premiums models from GT6 has meant they are left with outdated and replaced cars in GT Sport. Maybe I cannot prove the point but doesn't change the fact that a large portion of cars that I listed for all to see have been updated or replaced.

Whatever the reason for their exclusion, it does not make the list more viable or attractive, especially when the competition have included them. There is no irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

And all the while Kaz states he has "a special relationship" with some of these car manufacturers.

It's great that you want the Bugatti Chiron, but where would it fit? GT Sport is an ESports title, focussed on people driving cars against each other in a competitive (and televised) environment. Cars need to fit into categories, or have BOP applied so that they fit into categories. What category in this ESports title does the Chiron fit? What would its competitors be? The Veyron only just fits in because there's the Vision GT cars, and perhaps the Veneno and LaFerrari, so how would the same car with 30% more power fit in without being strangled down to half of its power output and being beaten in a straight line by cars that would never normally occupy the same piece of tarmac? Would Bugatti sign up to that?

There are exceptions. Those daft Tomahawk and 2X VGT cars will be in and they don't fit anywhere, but then they're cars made for the game (I'd guess with an exclusive licence in perpetuity) and not cars PD has to approach a manufacturer to ask for a licence to include in the game.

The Bugatti Chiron could have it's own one make race series. And even if it couldn't, a one make race series for other cars that don't have any other competition could have the same. It hasn't stopped PD in the past. And real life events as such do exist. Like you mentioned the Dodge VGT has no competition but for obvious reasons is in the game. It could have an unrestricted version running in it's own series.

Yes they do. It's not relevant, but they do. The question is why, and you've assumed why then pasted it in as if it can be the only possible reason

FM7 and PCars 2 cars lists are entirely relevant. As a potential buyer of a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, and a video game race fan who bought a PS2 and PS3 initially for the GT series, the list of variety of cars - along with other things not relevant to this thread - is very important to me.

To summarize, we currently know ~130 cars of the 150+ announced by Kazu and his friends.
If we try to be coherent with the current car-list (recent cars, successfull, "powerfull") we can guess the missing cars by brand :

/!\ All these cars are just suppositions ! Do not ask me to give you any proof :) /!\

Alfa Romeo :
all cars unveiled

Alpine : only the Alpine VGT in 3 mode (Basic Mode / Race mode / Gr. 1), maybe we can add the new Alpine A110.
- Alpine A110 '17 (N-series)
- Alpine A110 '17 Gr. 4 Version

Audi :
all cars unveiled

Aston :
all cars unveiled

BMW :
all cars unveiled

Bugatti :
all cars unveiled

Citroen : Only the Citroen GT Race Car (Gr. 3) was leaked... I think we can add :
- Citroen DS3 '16
- Citroen DS3 '16 Gr.4 Version
- Citroen DS3 '16 Rally Car (Gr. B)

Chevrolet : all cars unveiled

Dodge/SRT : all cars unveiled

Ferrari : all cars unveiled

Fittipaldi : all cars unveiled //I don't know what PoDi can add... Maybe a Gr.3 or Gr.1 version of the Pininfarina EF7 VGT but I'm not very sure...

Ford : all cars unveiled //maybe the new Ford GT in a future (free please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeease) DLC in N-Series & Gr. 3 versions

Honda/Acura : Only one NSX in 4 versions (N-Series / Gr. 4 / Gr. 3 / Gr. B) ! The best FF japanese car is missing for me... :
- Honda Civic Type R '?? (N-series)
- Honda Civic Type R '?? Gr. 4 Version //WTCC style

Hyundai : all cars unveiled

Infiniti : I don't know what cars PoDi can add... I think it will be like the Fittipaldi with only one car ! Or maybe a Gr. 3 version :
- Infiniti Concept VGT Gr. 3 Version

Lamborghini : all cars unveiled

Lotus : The Evora is the only car of the brand actually ! Let's go to add the best (british) car ever in so many versions :)
- Lotus Elise '11 (N-series)
- Lotus Elise '11 Gr. 4 Version
- Lotus Evora '09 Gr. 3 Version

Mazda : Why adding the Mazda6 Gr. 3 without the "standard version" ??? :
- Mazda Demio Sport '16 (N-series)
- Mazda Mazda6 '?? (N-series)
- Mazda Demio Sport '16 Gr. 4 Version
- Mazda 787B Gr.1 Version //JUST FOR FUN (We have the Audi S1 Pikes Peak '87, why not this LMP1 legendary beast...)

McLaren : Just one more hypercar/dreamcar to compete against LaFerrari, Veneno or others Veyron...
- McLaren P1 '15 (N-Series)

Mercedes-Benz : all cars unveiled

Mini : It's the same situation than Citroen with only one car for the moment :
- Mini Cooper '?? (N-series)
- Mini Cooper '?? Gr. 4 Version
- Mini Clubman VGT Gr. 3 Version

Mitsubishi : all cars unveiled

Nissan : all cars unveiled

Peugeot : all cars unveiled

Porsche : POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORSCHE :drool:
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS Gr. 4 Version
- Porsche 911 RSR Gr. 3 Version
- Porsche 919 Hybrid Gr. 1 Version

Renault : all cars unveiled

Subaru : all cars unveiled

Toyota : Just to complete the " Toy's garage" :
- Toyota 86 GT "Gazoo Racing" Gr. 4 Version
- Toyota FT-1 Gr. B Version
- Toyota GT-One (TS020) Gr. 1 Version //JUST FOR FUN like the 787B ahahah

Wolkswagen : all cars unveiled

Ok if we remove the two LMP1 "dream cars", I found 23 cars ! What do you think about it ? I know this thread is to annouce the cars in the game (with proof) but I'm ready to bet 10 millions of GT6 cr. :lol: that at least 40% of my propositions will be in the final car-list of the game...

PS : sorry if my english is absolutely awfull :/

Last edited:
@Aweoob - This isn't a wishlist thread.

@GBalao888 - Thanks, will update!

It already did with the Veyron Gr.4 battling Sciroccos and Meganes, surely a Chiron Gr.3 wouldn't be a big stretch. :P

I will stick my necknout and say it, and how I should have stated it from the start
That's fair enough.
The Bugatti Chiron could have it's own one make race series. And even if it couldn't, a one make race series for other cars that don't have any other competition could have the same. It hasn't stopped PD in the past. And real life events as such do exist. Like you mentioned the Dodge VGT has no competition but for obvious reasons is in the game. It could have an unrestricted version running in it's own series.
At the moment there's no evidence for any vehicles having a one-make series. Everything we've seen thus far is part of a category - indeed several vehicles have been contrived into slightly inappropriate categories (Beetle Gr.3, for example) for what specifically seems to be the purposes of having manufacturer representation in the categories that will see Manufacturer Cup competition.

Nothing seems to be available to drive in its stock form and that itself will put some manufacturers off granting a licence, regardless of other factors. The Chiron is a 1,479hp, 288mph-capable supercar. In order to fit into even the N1000 category, it'd need to be restricted to 66% power output, and at that point you're not really driving a Chiron any more. If you were Bugatti, would you want your £2m supercar being made to look 30% slower than it is and being beaten by crap like the LaFerrari and Veneno?

The VGTs (including the Bugatti VGT) are a special case in that it would appear likely that the cars are exclusively licensed in perpetuity to PD because of being part of the VGT project. Even then, many of them seem to fit into the Group X category - it's surprising how many of them are basically 600hp, 4WD hybrids...

FM7 and PCars 2 cars lists are entirely relevant.
Not really. Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport might be counterparts, but they're not fighting for sales with each other. Most people who buy FM7 rather than GTS do so not because of the car count, but because they have an XBox One rather than a PlayStation 4. The content of the two games has always been irrelevant to each other, except on forums where someone wants to prove the game they had to buy is better than the game they couldn't buy for some reason. PCARS2 bridges the gap, but GT Sport is no longer a traditional GT/FM/PC game.

GT Sport features unusual challenges like the one mentioned above simply because it is an ESports game. The cars have to fit, and they have to be fast so that they're fun to watch. That may mean that while T10 and SMS can included any car they can think of and then get a licence for and model, PD can't.

It already did with the Veyron Gr.4 battling Sciroccos and Meganes, surely a Chiron Gr.3 wouldn't be a big stretch. :P
Existing licence vs. new licence, perhaps. I can't imagine Bugatti is in any way happy about a 350hp Veyron, and if I was Bugatti I'd take one look at that, ask if the plan for the Chiron was the same and refuse point-blank :lol:

Not really. Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport might be counterparts, but they're not fighting for sales with each other. Most people who buy FM7 rather than GTS do so not because of the car count, but because they have an XBox One rather than a PlayStation 4. The content of the two games has always been irrelevant to each other, except on forums where someone wants to prove the game they had to buy is better than the game they couldn't buy for some reason. PCARS2 bridges the gap, but GT Sport is no longer a traditional GT/FM/PC game.

I actually stated that as a potential buyer of FM7, GT Sport or PCars 2 that my decision on buying any of those would then influence my decision on getting a PS4P on XBX. The fact that that FM7 is now more GT like than GT Sport is a huge decision on my part. I didn't become invested in the GT series to see it completely change it's approach, when the last two traditional GT games left me wanting. I am not willing to buy three games in a space of a few weeks of release, cannot spend alot of time on each game, or buy both consoles. I do not understand how you missed out such a large part of what I posted and quoted me out of context on this issue. When earlier, I forgot to state that PD's exclusion of new or updated version of the cars in GT Sport were down to my opinion and not stated fact. In which you were quick to jump down my throat and point out my mistake.

Previous GT's had one-make series or cars that couldn't be raced with one another How hard would it be to implement? Not very. And it doesn't have to be a official FIA approved competition, as not everyone is capable of doing well in them or like me, are not interested.

I understand that as a person in your position you have to be an ambassador for this site, but you seem more interested in ignoring and discrediting people's opinions and I find it quite disengenious. Maybe I have the luxury of not being shackled by being an administrator and can state my own preferences and take sides.

Maybe a voting poll thread, for members to choose which game out of GT Sport, FM7 and PCars has the more attractive car list do would be a good idea. But seeing as this is mainly a GT site, maybe we wouldn't want to go there and see GT Sport come last.

I actually stated that as a potential buyer of FM7, GT Sport or PCars 2 that my decision on buying any of those would then influence my decision on getting a PS4P on XBX
I have no doubt that happens - FM and GT are, as first party titles, platform sellers. A lot of people have both consoles already too. But most people have one or the other, and their decision to buy FM rather than GT, or GT rather than FM is not one of competition but convenience.
I do not understand how you missed out such a large part of what I posted and quoted me out of context on this issue.
Simply because it's not relevant. Aside from the fact that they're not really rivals for each other, it's not relevant to the reasons why the car lists are different - which is what was being addressed.
Previous GT's had one-make series or cars that couldn't be raced with one another How hard would it be to implement? Not very.
I'm sure - but we've seen no evidence of it in GTS to date. So far GTS seems to be focussed on populating classes with vehicles, then balancing them with power and weight restrictions for relatively even online racing for the FIA Manufacturer Cup and Nations Cup.

It seems likely to me, particularly given cars like the Veyron Gr.4 and Beetle Gr.3, that the car list is hinged on that as a basis - with the exception of the VGT cars that they probably don't have to get a licence for - and uses new licences to achieve that where possible and existing licences where it isn't. It also seems likely that the 130/140/150/177+ cars pencilled in for launch are prioritised to fill up the relevant categories for the FIA cups, because that's what the game needs to function as designed. If we're to see new cars, either for the sake of new cars or to add new categories or enhance existing ones, it'll come in the 300% increase in the car list that has apparently been planned.

Of course this is no less speculation than 'the car list is small because PD is lazy' - but presented as speculation and not fact.

you seem more interested in ignoring and discrediting people's opinions and I find it quite disengenious.
The problem was that you didn't initially state an opinion. Had you initially stated it as an opinion, this conversation would not have ensued. You stated that the car list is small because PD is lazy (or 'didn't bother to model or research' the cars you want). That's a problem, because that's a statement of fact with little basis in reality.

You have since clarified that you mean that you believe the car list is small because PD has a slow modelling process. That's fine - and it's certainly a possibility and you can believe what you wish unhindered, although I wouldn't expect that to go unquestioned either. Other reasons exist - several have been highlighted - and we have no way to know for sure what the reasons actually are.

I understand that as a person in your position you have to be an ambassador for this site
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything either. This site has nothing to do with PD or GT and we're certainly not prevented from being critical of GT. I mean, I already said that I'm no fan of the car list myself - too much of it is over 300hp and uses racing tyres - but I'm also not really enthused by what I've seen of the career mode, scapes bore me senseless and I hate online racing because I hate having my gaming experience defined by other people (and most other people are idiots). But I've got a PS4 so I'll give it a bash. I'll give PCARS2 a bash too.

I don't have an XB1 so I can't give FM7 a go - but again I can only see five cars on the recently released first 20% of the car list I'd actually bother driving.

Maybe a voting poll thread, for members to choose which game out of GT Sport, FM7 and PCars has the more attractive car list do would be a good idea. But seeing as this is mainly a GT site, maybe we wouldn't want to go there and see GT Sport come last.
Feel free. It won't provide any answers as to why GT Sport's car list is so relatively small at launch though.

I'm still lost on this outdated "ITS ONE OR THE OTHER!!!" mindset. One game doesn't have something but another does, I get that game as well. GTS doesn't have massive car list (Nevermind that it isn't a numbered GT Title like people repeated want to ignore), I'll get PCARS2 then in addition.

Its like people do not like the idea of having multiple titles to satisfy multiple things they want. The way I see it, the amount of Racing games this year is phenomenal. The next few months I'll be able to satisfy my F1 fix with one game, get me Current gen Group C/GTP Fix with another game and then finally live the oddball fantasy of driving a Mustang Rally Car with another(because why the hell not).

Yeah my wallet will likely look abit like someone's account after Prime day or a Summer Steam sale, but its totally worth it.

you're very picky!

but i think it's the fact that every damn car is modern
I am. I have a very specific style of driving that not every car meets. Most of the vehicles here don't.

I wouldn't say the modern focused car list is a negative thing, it's just they chose cars that are boring to me.

Anyone know if you can have multiple cars in the garage of the same model? Example, I would to have 10 LaFerraries in my garage with 10 different colors.

Also, is there a limit of how many cars you can have in your garage?

Thanks!

^ Aweoob

Mate that was one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. I was crying with laughter but you know what, you're probably right unfortunately :D

Just a side note: Aweoob overlooked perhaps the inclusion of a 919 Hybrid in Gr.3 and Gr.4 forms. Perhaps massively detuned by PD. I think PD should have their own manufacturer section. Like Mitsubishi Evo X Final version tuned by PD. Add to the manufacturer list for good measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ryan :) And thank you for the like guys !

I try to do the most "possible" list of missing cars.

But I'm not very hype by these cars too...

Just a side note: Aweoob overlooked perhaps the inclusion of a 919 Hybrid in Gr.3 and Gr.4 forms. Perhaps massively detuned by PD. I think PD should have their own manufacturer section. Like Mitsubishi Evo X Final version tuned by PD. Add to the manufacturer list for good measure.

Are you sure you don't mean the 918? Because this is a 919 Hybrid:

upload_2017-7-19_3-24-5.png

If people thought a Bugatti Veyron in GR.4 was a headscratcher, this somehow being BOP'd for GR.3 AND GR.4 would leave a lot of premature balding :lol:

This is first time I see almost no point in GT game (while I still will buy it!), car list is so poor, track list is even worse... only ONE....! One iconic historic car - Audi...... its one of my favorites.... but wow...

there is no place for game physics engine to shine.... it can only shine with old historic cars, there are many different types of down force, many tires, many weight balance possibilities, there are no driving aids or computer assistance, many countless variations of suspension, good drivers can be super fast, while beginners are crashing <<--- This is what GT was....

this new GT sport IS THE SAME CAR OVER AND OVER AGAIN, SAME CAR TYPE OVER AND OVER AGAIN, SAME SIMPLE CITY TRACK OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Im really surprised that they KILLED the fun out of Gran Turismo - PD open your eyes!

While I love these fair competitive races with GT cars, but I can see it easy that it will be boring after a month, without real GT cars, historic and iconic cars..

at least this time it seems Project cars heard its fans, even Assetto corsa has something to play with in coffee break... Forza seems to be making Gran Turismo 7................... everything changes!

^ It's ok guys I was just being very sarcastic Since PD seems to love having a Gr.3 AND Gr.4 version of every car, whether a Beetle or Veyron, I thought they may as well add a 919 Gr.3 and Gr.4. You know, just to keep it consistent :cheers:
I'm just sooooo excited to try a 4C Gr.3 AND 4. Who needs a BNR32 Group A Skyline or 928 GTS with these monsters presented and tuned by the geniuses at PD.

I posted elsewhere that I was disappointed with the focus on racing cars because in previous editions of Gran Turismo, the all felt very similar, perhaps due to racing tyres and downforce etc. Having played the Beta, I am more upbeat as the cars have more character now, more representative of their layout, drivetrain etc.

On the issue of the car count, there may be 400 or 500 cars after release, but by the time this happens, I will have played through what ever single player modes there are, and the additional cars will be redundant. This is what I experienced with GT5 and GT6. I am really considering holding off buying GTS until there are additional dlc cars that I will be able to use in off line modes. Time will tell.

Back