Gran Turismo Sport Only Racing Game on Eurogamer's 2017 Top 50

Most people like crap, thats why so much people like gt-s. Thats also why the world is full of crap :) Three times on sale yet since release 3 months ago. Just pushing sales counter to sugest the customer its something they need to buy... because everyone do :)

- Black Friday
- Christmas
- PSN Sale

these are all normal sales though?

im not going to address the rest of your comment, because frankly, you’re talking some BS

Most people like crap, thats why so much people like gt-s. Thats also why the world is full of crap :) Three times on sale yet since release 3 months ago. Just pushing sales counter to sugest the customer its something they need to buy... because everyone do :)
Or perhaps people like different things than you, and they have different opinions.

That's cool! No matter what some are saying, Gran Turismo Sport is a great game and in my opinion better than Project Cars 2 with GT3 races in snow, i haven't watched too much GT3 races, but i don't think they race when it's snow on the track? And i almost forgot, the new rain puddles thing, it is a nightmare to race in, even with heavy rain tires.

upload_2017-12-31_13-2-54.png

And GT Sport is also better than Assetto Corsa on consoles, the console version is a pale version compared to the PC version and the single player is worse than GT League in GT S, the automatic transmission in AC is also not working correctly, the downshift is too slow and when i drove a fast car and was about to go around the corner i had to break all the way down for the transmission to gear down to 3rd or 2nd.

So yeah, i'm more pleased about GT S :).

Last edited:
Horizon Zero Dawn only at number 31? Even being beaten by FIFA 18? LOL! What the heck are these guys smoking! It has to be at least top 10 on any 2017 GOTY list IMO. And Bungie’s Eververse greed is in fact in the Top 10? Sjesus...

My 2 picks for GOTY are Horizon Zero Dawn and Assassin’s Creed Origins, granted I have not played many of the great games this year either, but hey I’m also not a writer for Eurogamer. ;)

In the racing department I would rate the games I played like this:

1) Project CARS 2 (very rich on content, great immersion, still needs some polishing though but it’s getting there)
2) GT:Sport (looked like crap on paper but this has got to be the surprise of the year for me)
3) Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 (looked like kiddie crap on paper but was surprisingly good)
4) Dirt 4 (I liked the handling with the controller in game mode, but needs more WRX tracks and rally environments!)
5) Need For Speed Payback (great environment, crap gambling card upgrades, crap cliche story)
6) Forza 7 (best car collection albeit 95% of them are deja vu, ends up being boring and feels like FM 6.1)

Racing games in 2017 I think are probably good but I didn’t buy: WRC7 and F1 2017.

2018 will probably bring at least The Crew 2, Forza Horizon 4 and F1 2018. And a bunch of DLC and car packs for existing games (not to forget Asssetto Corsa which is still getting DLC). My biggest anticipation will be FH4 for sure. And my biggest curiosity is how GT:Sport will further evolve, that one will be interesting to watch.

In 2018 we might get a new TDU and maybe a new midnight club judging by the leaks.

To be honest the only racing game im interested in 2018 is actually GTR 3. Im curious on how its going to stack up against Project Cars 2, Asseto Corsa and GT sport. Especially Project Cars 2 as the project cars series is a descendant of the GTR series.

Uh-huh... meanwhile Forza 7 has generally been doing a lot better this award season than GT Sport, so I guess it’s way crappier. :P

Last edited:
Me neither, but I'm glad they seem to have got this one right - I've enjoyed GTS a load, and I've barely left the livery editor. Well worth the dough I reckons.
Can't speak for the other games.
Horizon: Zero Dawn was what, 32nd? Bloody Mass Effect: Andromeda got 26th, and ****ING DESTINY 2 got 7th!

Their list was rather questionable at times.

I'm curious to why Forza 7 isn't even in the top 50 despite the fact that it's won racing game of the year awards in everywhere else.

For that matter. Why the heck is Destiny 2 placed in the top 10? Why is Mass Effect Andromeda on this list? and why is Horizon Zero Dawn placed so lower than both games mentioned? It's a weird and very opinionated list.

This is the first Gran Turismo game I've played as I used to be an Xbox gamer up until three years ago, after seeing Gran Turismo Sport on YouTube last year I decided to get a PS4 Pro and a 4k tv, this is the best racing game I've ever seen, I like enjoy the daily races and with all DLC being free that is something the other top racers should be doing.

I disagree with EG since they are essentially saying it's ok for devs to have less content. It took them 4+ years to develop a stripped down GT game, think about that, 4+ years. The fact we now get "free" DLC is only because they know the content itself was lacking and they now shoehorned in a small version of the traditional GT campaign mode.

What's more irritating is reading this from Oli:
"From a certain angle it looks like a drastically cut back Gran Turismo, but from another it's a Gran Turismo that's been stripped down to the core, modernised and rebuilt with a new focus"

"It looks like"......uhhhh no Oli, it's a fact. It just sounds like corporate speak non-sense to minimize that lack of content kinda like a diversion to not pay attention to what most expected from a GT game. "Rebuilt with a new focus"......online-only, which backfired in lackluster reviews. Glad Oli enjoyed his game though, however most folks wanted a full fledged GT game.

Hilariously bad list.

Id have a tough time coming up with ten games worth playing, guess crap like Andromeda being so high is a must.

In 2018 we might get a new TDU and maybe a new midnight club judging by the leaks.

To be honest the only racing game im interested in 2018 is actually GTR 3. Im curious on how its going to stack up against Project Cars 2, Asseto Corsa and GT sport. Especially Project Cars 2 as the project cars series is a descendant of the GTR series.
They've shown so little of it, though, that it feels like it'll end up being a late 2018 release. Been teased for years now, too.

Back