Gran Turismo Sport Players Will Help Develop the Toyota Supra

@Famine @Joey_D --- I'm saying TOYOTA is releasing fake news, not you.
"Fake news" is, specifically, an accusation that media is reporting things it knows to be false.

If you think Toyota is telling lies, what you mean is that it's fake, not fake news. But I'll reiterate what I wrote in the article: this was Tetsuya Tada's own statement. Tada is the chief engineer of Toyota Gazoo Racing - not a PR man, and not someone who works for Sony/PD (just to refer back to an earlier comment about PD "comedians"), but the guy who actually created the GR Supra. And the GT86 for that matter.

As he said, his vision is to continually update the Supra, year by year, and he wants players' feedback on what's good and "not so good" about driving the car, to inform the following year's update - and he wants Kazunori Yamauchi to keep updating the car so that players get to drive the results too.

The internal Supra designers must have loved this announcement.
The guy who made the announcement is that guy.

Sometimes, why bother? Why have the negative attitude. PR stunt or whatever. Many players are asking PD to talk to the community. Wanting PD to reach out and address the concerns of the GT Community. THIS IS happening.. right now... and some players still aren't satisfied.

I'm 48 and know there will always be negative people. Here we have Kaz and probably initiated by Toyota, people actually reaching out to the community that pays the bills.

Give it a chance and wait to see how his works. Short term memory from people that may have forgot PD helped Nissan develop the R35 GT-R info display.
As well as utilising the track recorder in the 86 and GT-R.

Jeez, give it a chance.

Sometimes, why bother? Why have the negative attitude. PR stunt or whatever. Many players are asking PD to talk to the community. Wanting PD to reach out and address the concerns of the GT Community. THIS IS happening.. right now... and some players still aren't satisfied.

I'm 48 and know there will always be negative people. Here we have Kaz and probably initiated by Toyota, people actually reaching out to the community that pays the bills.

Give it a chance and wait to see how his works. Short term memory from people that may have forgot PD helped Nissan develop the R35 GT-R info display.

Jeez, give it a chance.

There is a simple reason why technical feedback is useless.

Because GT is not a simulator.

Jeez, give it a chance.

Nobody is negative. But when you understand something about cars and simulations then you now thats a joke. GTS has really bad physics and a Bop that has nothing to do with real live. And thats a fact.

The guy who made the announcement is that guy.

One guy? Somebody better tell, Akio Toyoda, that he's wasting his time giving driving input on the Supra because there's just one guy that's actually designing the entire car.

It takes a team. My point is simply that it can undermine the team to take crowd input.

The Toyota engineers will be extatic about this...NOT :lol:

Jeez, give it a chance.

They call it marketing and PR. To develop a car or even give valuable input you need to have VERY advanced engineering knowledge and/or real life driving experience. I‘d say MAYBE Igor Fraga as a RL Formula 3 driver could provide some feedback, the others: No. Oh sure, a display, maybe. Well, big deal.

Actually, the bills are more paid by „partners“ such as Toyota etc. Bet they had to transfer some nice high 7 to low 8 figures to the PD account to get this special status and treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something really cute about "journalists" spreading the news even they don't believe. It's even cuter when said journos do it because, if they ever doubt the manure, they won't send them to fancy events anymore. :lol:

I'm not entirely sure the physics in GT Sport are a good reference for us to give a proper feedback that would be addressed in real life given that they don't seem that much deep:

I mean, this game doesn't even properly represents Tire temperatures, tire pressure, air temperature and brake temperature(fading) are non-existent, there's no wet weather so we could give feedback on how the car behaves on rain, Tire deformations are cosmetic only(burnouts), no wind effects, track temperatures doesn't seems to have any effect on tires...

Only feedback that I can honestly give is that the first gear is useless for launches even with TCS on and it's better to launch on second gear.

A spoiler that resembles the iconic Mk4 Supra spoiler would be nice as well, but I'm not entirely it could make sense with the design of this car.

Plus, you know...Living in a third world country with no means of affording the car in my lifetime, I don't think my opinion would be valid since I'll never drive the real deal.

But still, at least this shows that Toyota and PD are willing to listen to the community and wanting serious feedback, at least for this car.

There is something really cute about "journalists" spreading the news even they don't believe.
Not seeing the relevance to this thread, unless you've gone back on the attack and decided that it's "fake news" again, and we're lying.
It's even cuter when said journos do it because, if they ever doubt the manure, they won't send them to fancy events anymore. :lol:
You're describing influencers, not journalists - and again not seeing the relevance to this thread, unless you think directly reporting the statements of the chief engineer of Toyota Gazoo Racing while simultaneously not believing them has some effect on Polyphony Digital's decisions to invite the world's largest Gran Turismo site to its Gran Turismo events (of which this was the sixth in six months)...

If you're quite done questioning our integrity - and I'm sure I don't need to go over how hilarious that concept is - can we get back to actually discussing the things Tada raised in the presentation that you can watch for yourself in the article that this is the comments thread for?

There is a simple reason why technical feedback is useless.

Because GT is not a simulator.

Nobody is negative. But when you understand something about cars and simulations then you now thats a joke. GTS has really bad physics and a Bop that has nothing to do with real live. And thats a fact.
I guess it's been useless for past GT Nurb24 drivers, jumping on the game DURING the actual race and then hoping back in the real car for their stints.

The BoP has nothing to do with helping to develop this Supra,
I'm not even claiming "real" simulations. Hey, when you help develop a real car, please let me know.

Also, PD MAY implement more features in GTS, such as tyre pressure. We'll wait and see.

I guess it's been useless for past GT Nurb24 drivers, jumping on the game DURING the actual race and then hoping back in the real car for their stints.

To learn racing lines for the track. Not because it accurately models vehicle performance.

Also, PD MAY implement more features in GTS, such as tyre pressure. We'll wait and see.

Won't happen, PD won't completely rebuild the physics model for GT sport. which is what is required to incorporate tyre pressures.

GTs physics model is great for being accessible for casual players with controllers as well as accommodating the more serious players. It's not a hardcore sim.

Is there something indicating that tire pressure isn't modeled/an active part of the physics? It could just be static depending on the car.
So...nobody has an opinion on this? I'm actually curious about why you guys are saying tire pressure is absent from the physics. I'm not very knowledgable on sim racing. Is the only indicator that tire pressure's there the ability to adjust it? I'd say it goes hand-in-hand with the tire deformation that's been confirmed to happen.

Not seeing the relevance to this thread, unless you've gone back on the attack and decided that it's "fake news" again, and we're lying.

You're describing influencers, not journalists - and again not seeing the relevance to this thread, unless you think directly reporting the statements of the chief engineer of Toyota Gazoo Racing while simultaneously not believing them has some effect on Polyphony Digital's decisions to invite the world's largest Gran Turismo site to its Gran Turismo events (of which this was the sixth in six months)...

If you're quite done questioning our integrity - and I'm sure I don't need to go over how hilarious that concept is - can we get back to actually discussing the things Tada raised in the presentation that you can watch for yourself in the article that this is the comments thread for?

I hate to say it but you didn’t technically dispute his statement, do YOU(Famine) personally believe that Toyota is actually going to use any of the data/info collected from drivers using the Supra in GTS for anything at all to do with improving the car?

If so, what data/info from GTS could possibly be useful to them in improving the car other than visuals and sounds? :)

I hate to say it but you didn’t technically dispute his statement, do YOU(Famine) personally believe that Toyota is actually going to use any of the data/info collected from drivers using the Supra in GTS for anything at all to do with improving the car?
I don't believe anything. Tada said what we reported him saying and I have no particular reason to call him a liar over it.

To learn racing lines for the track. Not because it accurately models vehicle performance.

Won't happen, PD won't completely rebuild the physics model for GT sport. which is what is required to incorporate tyre pressures.

GTs physics model is great for being accessible for casual players with controllers as well as accommodating the more serious players. It's not a hardcore sim.

Learning the proper lines would still play a hand in tuning. Car placement, expected gearing, car behaviour, can still aid in feedback.
I know tyre pressure a crucial ingredient in tuning a car.
This is why Toyota is saying we will try out their revised settings in game.

Many players are complaining of too much oversteer. Again, we have to wait for a proper in depth review from various sources.

I don't believe anything. Tada said what we reported him saying and I have no particular reason to call him a liar over it.

I watched him say it live, I know he said it, it doesn’t make it true and that’s what we’re talking about here, the truth of his statement. The point is, you don’t seem to be willing to publicly admit that you do or do not personally believe what he said, or in this case that you believe what you reported, just a vague “I don’t believe anything”. So in that case, if you don’t belive anything, why do you report anything? Why would anyone report things that they don’t themselves believe to be true?

And I’ll ask again since you are the GT expert, and you know all to well that any data from GTS is useless to them. What data from GTS drivers could Toyota possibly find useful aside from visuals and sounds?

#FakeNews - Toyota will never do that. I'm sure they'll use like 4 TRD (or Gazoo) nerds that like the game and that is all.

Also, the rather big problem they have with the car can't be solved just with "post-launch updates" or whatever. They messed from the very start and they topped it all off with a huge marketing failure. Either the consumers are getting dumber or the new "Supra" will sell worse than the Chevrolet SS (and that car was good!).
My, the exaggerations people continue to use remain out there.... All first MY units for the US & Europe have deposits now.

On the other end regarding this news, I agree it's more PR than something to get overtly excited about.

My, the exaggerations people continue to use remain out there.... All first MY units for the US & Europe have deposits now.

On the other end regarding this news, I agree it's more PR than something to get overtly excited about.

They still have at least the next 5-7 years worth of units to sell though.

They still have at least the next 5-7 years worth of units to sell though.
That remains to be seen. I've read reports that the car may not be intended as a high volume Toyota.

It's the continued comments about how Toyota messed it up or had a "marketing failure" all because some people are still clamped on the "iTs A bMw" meme & believe a couple internet forums represent the general market, therefore indicating the car is a flop. The start it's off to however, is a win for Toyota so far.

Dear Toyota,

I only need 2 things: rear spoiler and triple rear taillights.

Everything else is perfect.

Thank you.

dwnilbbe7bobso2wwme7.jpg

Back