Gran Turismo Sport Players Will Help Develop the Toyota Supra

Dear Toyota,

I only need 2 things: rear spoiler and triple rear taillights.

Everything else is perfect.

Thank you.

dwnilbbe7bobso2wwme7.jpg

Spoiler looks a bit wonky on that render, but the taillights are perfect. Wonder why Toyota didn't go for similar look regarding taillights

As for the news, i think everyone understands that this is pure PR-driven announcement with little to no actual value

Dear Toyota,

I only need 2 things: rear spoiler and triple rear taillights.
That plus Toyota engines and this car would be "nice enough". Maybe they could do like with the old Supras: 1-2 normal versions with like 250-350hp and 1 fancy one with an engine straight out of a IS-F or RC-F. This would be a lot easier if Lexus didn't exist.

Comment section is pretty hilarilous, whether it will be marketting buff or whatever, Tetsuya Tada (head developer of both GT-86 and Supra) clearly stated in the LIVE stream where everyone can watch that he wants GT Sport players to give feedback on what is good or bad about the car for there final development.

Whether the physics translate 1:1 is another debate...
If the mods or writers don't or do believe Tada-san's words it should not prohibit them to write an article about it....so seriously chill out! :lol:

I necessarily don't see a problem with this like yeah sure its a video game but these people aren't paid by Toyota, Ie Nakajima or Alonso to like the car

Thanks for all the likes peeps 👍 All credits goes to Roman Miah here: https://www.instagram.com/romanmiah/

He also did a render of what the front could look like, which isn't as good as the rear in my opinion. But here it is just for completeness:
here-s-another-desig-2.jpg

Spoiler looks a bit wonky on that render, but the taillights are perfect. Wonder why Toyota didn't go for similar look regarding taillights

As for the news, i think everyone understands that this is pure PR-driven announcement with little to no actual value

If you're referring to how the rear end of the spoiler isn't attached to the body, yeah that looks a bit weird. Don't know why the artist photoshopped it like that :lol:

In the render of the front he seems to have changed the design, similar to the spoiler on the TRD3000GT. I prefer the curvy standard Mk IV design though.

That plus Toyota engines and this car would be "nice enough". Maybe they could do like with the old Supras: 1-2 normal versions with like 250-350hp and 1 fancy one with an engine straight out of a IS-F or RC-F. This would be a lot easier if Lexus didn't exist.

I'm actually ok with the BMW engine. Manufacturers cross develop a lot of things these days and it helps brings costs down which is a win-win for everyone. Without the BMW help this car probably wouldn't exist anyway. As long as it drives well I don't really mind where the engine comes from. Plus, there's always the option of swapping good ol' 2JZs if you really want to preserve that Toyota bloodline.

My dream would be swapping the LFA V10, but I don't know if that will fit :lol:

Thanks for all the likes peeps 👍 All credits goes to Roman Miah here: https://www.instagram.com/romanmiah/

He also did a render of what the front could look like, which isn't as good as the rear in my opinion. But here it is just for completeness:
here-s-another-desig-2.jpg

If you're referring to how the rear end of the spoiler isn't attached to the body, yeah that looks a bit weird. Don't know why the artist photoshopped it like that :lol:

In the render of the front he seems to have changed the design, similar to the spoiler on the TRD3000GT. I prefer the curvy standard Mk IV design though.

I'm actually ok with the BMW engine. Manufacturers cross develop a lot of things these days and it helps brings costs down which is a win-win for everyone. Without the BMW help this car probably wouldn't exist anyway. As long as it drives well I don't really mind where the engine comes from. Plus, there's always the option of swapping good ol' 2JZs if you really want to preserve that Toyota bloodline.

My dream would be swapping the LFA V10, but I don't know if that will fit :lol:
Oh, trust. Someone, somewhere, will try.

Watched the video again. Interesting about the 1.55:1 ratio, differential, handling and stability.
The improvements/updates to come, that Tada touches on, how those will help for developing the car the following year, I'm taking it seriously.

With the latest Kaz interview by GTP, it sheds more light on what Kaz' vision for "us" is. He's taking an active approach to keeping car enthusiasm alive. Can't fault him for that. If it means Toyota and insert other makes, want to take this time and PR the heck out of Gran Turismo, fine by me. As gamer racers and potential gamers to real car racers, we all win.

So are we just ignoring the fact that the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang are re-hashing styling cues from their most popular iterations? Why is it suddenly this unthinkable fanboyism to suggest that Toyota do the same?

That's American companies for you.

I dont think Japanese or European companies are that nostalgic to that degree.

Japanese companies will allude to their past but their 'nextgen' cars generally dont copy the past as much as US Dodge Chevy or Ford.

My feelings about this Supra would be summed up by an edit of this thread title...

"Gran Turismo Sport Players say BMW Will Help Develop the Toyota Supra"

The problem for me is that if you've driven the BMW Z3 and the old Z4 you wont be able to get over the fact that this is a BMW Z4 with a B58.

I'm also bemused by the likes of Alonso and Buemi praising BMW technology in the Youtube advertisement.

To my line of thinking this is just a Z4 and almost Nissan 370z mashup.

My enthusiasm for two seat long nose coupes of this type is at a limit and its well before 2020.

That's American companies for you.

I dont think Japanese or European companies are that nostalgic to that degree.

Japanese companies will allude to their past but their 'nextgen' cars generally dont copy the past as much as US Dodge Chevy or Ford.

My feelings about this Supra would be summed up by an edit of this thread title...

"Gran Turismo Sport Players say BMW Will Help Develop the Toyota Supra"

The problem for me is that if you've driven the BMW Z3 and the old Z4 you wont be able to get over the fact that this is a BMW Z4 with a B58.

I'm also bemused by the likes of Alonso and Buemi praising BMW technology in the Youtube advertisement.

To my line of thinking this is just a Z4 and almost Nissan 370z mashup.

My enthusiasm for two seat long nose coupes of this type is at a limit and its well before 2020.
I have to ask, what exactly is wrong with the Z4? Is it not a good vehicle? If you're not fond of BMWs or their "reliability", I guess I'd understand.

The old Z4 drove wonderfully IMO, enough power but not too much, very nice balance and decently quick.

However its not a Supra... over here there are a fair few MkIV and early models so its still very incongrous to me that Toyota are doing this.

But I feel that their intended purchashing audience will accept it fine so that's all that matters. We're here to make money, not fans.

I saw this and I remembered that episode of The Simpsons, when Homer gets to design a car LMO :D:D:D:D

Homer Simpson is already work for PD .
He did the base settings of new Supra , Aston Martin Vulcan , Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and a few more.
DXli6oIU8AAUS3e.jpg

Back