Gran Turismo Sport Time Attack Challenge (Starts 28/01/19)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 90 comments
Hoping to get closer than 4 secs :)

Sure you will dude :cheers:

I mean Im happy with the lap i don't think there's tonnes of time on the table without putting a lot of laps in ( or using the clutch ) so im hoping it will be competetive but i think the driving style is more natural for this combo so should be better :)

The key seemed to be not going over the limit of the front tyres on exit, and getting the most revs out of 2nd or 3rd while doing it, also, on the last corner, turn in slightly before trail braking in almost a straight line, run slightly wide to double apex the corner and let the car rev out on exit ( check the video if that isn't worded very well )

Last edited:
Was looking for something to drive and this being Tsukuba... it was too tempting! :D

1'08.682

Will try some more tomorrow there's probably a flat 1'08 with everything neat and tidy 👍

Was looking for something to drive and this being Tsukuba... it was too tempting! :D

1'08.682

Will try some more tomorrow there's probably a flat 1'08 with everything neat and tidy 👍

Id love to see a replay of this, very fast time dude. Stock ( not BOP ) power and suspension and sports hard?

My split times are
1'09.361

So I'm losing 0.45 of a second in the last sector alone? And theres 6 tenths in the bank still :eek:

Last edited:
Well, fair play then.
I can't figure how you bang against the limiter twice exiting t1, yet are half a tenth quicker???
Do you use clutch at all?
I tend to be top ten when i do a daily ( or weekly now ) race, its freaking me out that im slower on what is for me a solid lap when you made a mistake in the first corner ( not detracting btw as its a very good time and your clearly a quick driver, but as you said yourself there is more to come )

Edit - now ive been told about the limiter i realise its not a mistake :lol:

Last edited:
There's more speed banging off the limiter for a little time exiting the hairpins ;)

Btw.. I use a G29 but no clutch 👍

Well i never would have figured that, wierd, anyway, excellent time and well done 👍
Yeah im not using clutch either, i honestly felt like i was on the limit with the front, maybe the understeer on exit is scrubbing speed a little, you definitly seem to scrub the fronts less on exit.
Do you really think there's 6 more tenths in there though?

1.10.0xx is a very solid time @oldguy58

With some time hopefully.. A very low 1'08 is definitely on the cards though 👍

I would not have believed someone if they had told me that before this time trial started, although having said that the sport time trials tend to be that way and you chip away till your beating your own 'perfect' lap i guess.

Gonna do my best to catch up if i get time, but im happy with my speed round here and i honestly don't know if i can match you tbh

Last edited:
Nice lap @Lazybike 👍
@Mr P home from work, copied a few of your lines and stuff - instantly down to a 1'08.8xx
Still much to learn about switching my technique to driving fwd cars, but your lap was blazing tbf and made me realise how different they need to be driven, nice job :cheers:

Nice improvement Phil... You can probably see the low 1'08 as a possibility now also ;)👍 Today I am running a bouncy 911 around the Nurb in this weeks WRS event but will find time for this again tomorrow for sure :cheers:

Btw If any of you guys haven't already stumbled across the WRS section here's a link if you fancy something else to race as an extra option every week...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Enjoy! :cheers:

Nice improvement Phil... You can probably see the low 1'08 as a possibility now also ;)👍 Today I am running a bouncy 911 around the Nurb in this weeks WRS event but will find time for this again tomorrow for sure :cheers:

Btw If any of you guys haven't already stumbled across the WRS section here's a link if you fancy something else to race as an extra option every week...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Enjoy! :cheers:

Thanks man 👍

Yeah definitly, although maybe more like a 1'08.4xx for me at the minute would be a good target.

Yeah i had a quick look at that the other night, not sure if i would have the time to do every week plus im really enjoying doing this but looks good for sure, if i have an easy week any time soon i might try do both

Nurburgring nordschliefe i don't know very well, did a couple of laps got a 7'37:xx so probably quite off the pace of the 'ring experts, fun car though.

Happy lap time hunting anyway, you can show me the way around tsukuba again tomorrow then :cool:

I gave it 5 laps 1:09.481 I saved the replay, I've no idea how to post a picture/video. I reckon there's a high 08 there, Integra's not too bad on SH.

Forgot to say @Lazybike, save your replay, open it on library, double tap the share button on ds4 to start recording, then do the same to stop recording when the lap finishes. Then, go to capture gallery, gtsport, videos, and hold down share button to upload it ( i upload to youtube and then copy the link to my post ).

I just had some more laps and it seems my first attempt was pretty good.. beat my time and not by much tbh, I retract the 1'08 flat comment :lol: I can see a 1'08.3 as my ultimate lap now with everything smooth 👍

I just had some more laps and it seems my first attempt was pretty good.. beat my time and not by much tbh, I retract the 1'08 flat comment :lol: I can see a 1'08.3 as my ultimate lap now with everything smooth 👍

Damn beat my by 2 hundreths :lol:
Nice lap @Mr P :cheers:

Yeah, i think a 1:08 flat is impossible aswell with these tyres tbh
I think if anything a mid 1:08 is the fastest i can get
Whats the leaderboard looking like @JR98 ? Come on @Harsk100 @DaGiBUS @hirnsauger69 you know you want to get in on the jdm action this week ;)

Last edited:
Yeah there's a whisker separating us at the line :D I have seen some 18.3 and 36.3 splits multiple times but always lose the momentum or overshoot the last hairpin after T2 and my ghost flies past me on the back straight :banghead:

I will try again if my whisker gets taken away :P GL guys! :cheers:

Damn beat my by 2 hundreths :lol:
Nice lap @Mr P :cheers:

Yeah, i think a 1:08 flat is impossible aswell with these tyres tbh
I think if anything a mid 1:08 is the fastest i can get
Whats the leaderboard looking like @JR98 ? Come on @Harsk100 @DaGiBUS @hirnsauger69 you know you want to get in on the jdm action this week ;)
Leaderboard in OP has just been updated. Nice to see some really close competition for this round. I’ll try and set my time today but I highly doubt I’ll get anywhere near a 1:08

Leaderboard in OP has just been updated. Nice to see some really close competition for this round. I’ll try and set my time today but I highly doubt I’ll get anywhere near a 1:08
Cheers @JR98 👍 It's a wierd one, half of the laptime is changing gear at the perfect time, sometimes its after the limiter has hit even ( t1 for example ) really fun combination though, feel like your squeezing everything out of that VTEC engine :lol:

Also i think @Lazybike and @oldguy58 have done some times too just got lost in the stream of posts :scared:

Cheers @JR98 👍 It's a wierd one, half of the laptime is changing gear at the perfect time, sometimes its after the limiter has hit even ( t1 for example ) really fun combination though, feel like your squeezing everything out of that VTEC engine :lol:

Also i think @Lazybike and @oldguy58 have done some times too just got lost in the stream of posts :scared:
I went through all the posts and posted all the ones that had a screenshot/replay as proof, their ones didn’t

I went through all the posts and posted all the ones that had a screenshot/replay as proof, their ones didn’t

Yeah sorry mate, Phil did explain to me how to post a replay will have a go at it when I'm on later.

Haven't posted an official time yet. Hoping to improve but it seems I'm stuck with what I've I already done. At the point of trying to hard and overdriving the car resulting in slower laps.:banghead::banghead::banghead: :boggled:

Latest Posts

Back